• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Most AC units in small to medium rooms are ductless mini splits though, they dont bring in any air.
Neither do a lot of large central units, they just plumb refrigerant to an outdoor condensor/heat exchanger and back in again to the evaporator unit inside. Wall bangers and window units are the type that will bring in fresh air, but they arent usually used in sealed rooms cause they also leak a ton of Co2.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Most AC units in small to medium rooms are ductless mini splits though, they dont bring in any air.
Neither do a lot of large central units, they just plumb refrigerant to an outdoor condensor/heat exchanger and back in again to the evaporator unit inside. Wall bangers and window units are the type that will bring in fresh air, but they arent usually used in sealed rooms cause they also leak a ton of Co2.
Yeah they have a small space to allow water to transfer from cool to hot side. But if you install it well there is very little.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its curious to me too Aqua. All the sealed rooms I've been in have small ventilation systems to remove stale air during the dark cycle and sometimes even once or twice during lights on for a a few mins. Something to do with removing the plants exhaust gasses like ethylene that arent scrubbed by filters and dehus. But I havent gone too deep into it since I made the decision to stay fully vented.
They run burners correct? It's probably carbon monoxide

Hmmm I'm curious if you can ask them because ethylene is a voc and easily absorbed by activated carbon. I can think of a reason it would need to be vented. Like I say I'm in there once a day.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It is, 100%. Not my space and it works perfectly fine for him, so no debate here lol

Cheers!
Look at it this way In winter we do everything possible to keep things sealed up unless you leave the house there is extremely minimal fresh air brought in. How long can a person or plant live in those conditions? I go into the room daily. That's more venting than I will need and even then its air from my house that doesn't have an intake and exhaust fan for it. Just some air exchange when you go out.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Look at it this way In winter we do everything possible to keep things sealed up unless you leave the house there is extremely minimal fresh air brought in. How long can a person or plant live in those conditions? I go into the room daily. That's more venting than I will need and even then its air from my house that doesn't have an intake and exhaust fan for it. Just some air exchange when you go out.

Totally

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Always room for discussion here. And I appreciate the questions. It's making me think and now I'm curious if there is a benefit. I explained my thoughts but I'm curious to hear from others. Just because it works for me doesn't mean it's ideal so I'm very open to hearing from others. I would be a fool not to try to improve my grow if I can

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Some houses ( old) are not configured in such a way to bring in fresh air and the rooms get stagnant with a moldy smell. We installed a fresh air return system that provides 15% fresh air with 85% return and that keeps air moving in the rooms so there's fresh air.

I only provide my rooms with that air. I exhaust hot air off the light to keep my flower room at the temps I need it but that air is just vented into a cold room that has no heat in it. I'll add cool air from a lower basement when temps get too high. Gotta keep the plants happy what ever it takes. they're like looking after a pet...lol...that you get to eat afterwards lol😀😀

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Some houses ( old) are not configured in such a way to bring in fresh air and the rooms get stagnant with a moldy smell. We installed a fresh air return system that provides 15% fresh air with 85% return and that keeps air moving in the rooms so there's fresh air.

I only provide my rooms with that air. I exhaust hot air off the light to keep my flower room at the temps I need it but that air is just vented into a cold room that has no heat in it. I'll add cool air from a lower basement when temps get too high. Gotta keep the plants happy what ever it takes. they're like looking after a pet...lol...that you get to eat afterwards lol😀😀
I agree but is it the environment (temp, humidity) or is it "fresh" air? My understanding is mold spores are everywhere and only when the conditions are right will they thrive. So the question I have is what is "fresh air" or "stagnant" air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom