Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for all the good lucks peeps... I think they are gonna come in handy. Working on the door and hoping to have the AC in tonight. Then get the equipment in and a test run hopefully tomorrow. Once shit checks out were rolling down the dirt road.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hey what about running one plant without vermiculite to see how it differs? Could make watering a pain though. And I suspect ease of maintenance is what you're after here..

Dude.. you need to setup an irrigation line and get coco rockin in there lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey what about running one plant without vermiculite to see how it differs? Could make watering a pain though. And I suspect ease of maintenance is what you're after here..

Dude.. you need to setup an irrigation line and get coco rockin in there lol.
Oh I already have 1 foot in that boat bro... Will see how this goes though. I'm all about automation and laziness... I excel at it lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Oh I already have 1 foot in that boat bro... Will see how this goes though. I'm all about automation and laziness... I excel at it lol

That has been my last couple grows. I spend like 3-5mins a day in the room average, 20 min if I'm making nutes, 30 mins on weekends. More for planting and crop out obviously...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That has been my last couple grows. I spend like 3-5mins a day in the room average, 20 min if I'm making nutes, 30 mins on weekends. More for planting and crop out obviously...
Why you gotta be so mean... Me and my 1 gal pitcher are not happy with this lol.

I'm torn after finding mom's possibly back to hydro. Just having to rip that last grow out left a bad taste in my mouth.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Why you gotta be so mean... Me and my 1 gal pitcher are not happy with this lol.

I'm torn after finding mom's possibly back to hydro. Just having to rip that last grow out left a bad taste in my mouth.

Biggest lesson I've learned in the last few years is it's ok to change things if it's not working for you. In life, and in the growroom. It's all about balancing the time investment with the return.
I think with your knowledge base you would find a very happy home with some form of substrate based hydro either rockwool or coco, DTW, on an automated watering system. Coco is just more hospitable to bacteria and fungal cultures giving you the best of both worlds imho. At least that's why I've chosen it.

Last edited:
stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I work with a 6.5 foot ceiling too. With the stand i built more like 5’8”.
Exactly as @MIMedGrower that's the height of the ceiling 😞 but we will make it work. Usually a scrog but no go with that this grow. Will definitely be topping and bending if needed
Some of my grow is in fairly confined spaces (seedlings and cuts in aeroponic buckets are in a walk in closet that is probably 3ft across). I am always bitching when I am in there because if I am in cruise control and not being mindful of my surroundings, then I am a bull in a China shop haha. Backing into shit, turning around to discover a mess and creating another one in the process. You two have made me realize that I need to give thanks for my ceilings haha. Pros and cons to every situation. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Ok getting close to finishing the small room. 10x7x6' 2" lol. Gotta love that height.

Walls and floors are done sealed so tight a mouse fart may blow the door off. Still need to finish the door as I am cutting it out for the AC.

Full environmental controllers heat, AC, humidifier, dehumidifier with co2.

HLG 600 light.will only be doing about a 5x5 area until I get another light.

Still need to move the equipment in.

And yes first real dirt run so feel free to follow along for the challenges.

Sunshine #4 with 25% vermiculite and possibly a bit more perlite with added myco.

Mega crop ferts nothing else added in terms of ferts and will be going tap water since it sits about 12-140ppm

Addatives will be myco and hygrowzyme.

Some pics of where it's at.

alright alright alright...

Just megacrop base? None of the secondaries?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Some of my grow is in fairly confined spaces (seedlings and cuts in aeroponic buckets are in a walk in closet that is probably 3ft across). I am always bitching when I am in there because if I am in cruise control and not being mindful of my surroundings, then I am a bull in a China shop haha. Backing into shit, turning around to discover a mess and creating another one in the process. You two have made me realize that I need to give thanks for my ceilings haha. Pros and cons to every situation. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
That's the reason I tore my last grow box down... Was kinda proof of concept. Concept... Check.... Space was a fuckin pain to work with lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yes sir... I just want a bit more silica and well we have discussed the monopotassium phosphate in your thread. So here's to hoping
Dude you're gonna kill it! I'm sure whatever you do is gonna work out awesome. I just like to dig at the megacrop thing lol, and I'm genuinely curious about the vermiculite.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Yes sir... I just want a bit more silica and well we have discussed the monopotassium phosphate in your thread. So here's to hoping

I ask because theres another new formula in stock on the 11th of this month.. I've been watching the site because I havent been able to get my hands on any yet.. They claim that secondaries are no longer needed with the new forumlation. They said that last time tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom