Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Appreciate the info bro. never grown these strains. I did see an absolute change in preflower. Will see how the onset goes 8 days I see them all over but just was thinking a bit bigger.

Also remember its your first time in soil and then add a new strain, well your probably right in thinking they should be bigger, but that will come from learning from this grow if you stick with it, the way I look at it is, is everyday that there is an issue, or not optimal growth, is time and growth your not going to get back. next time you may not have the nutrient issue and the root bound issue, soil plants hate that. So you would probably see bigger bud just from that plus you'll see other stuff next time around. either way for first time in soil your doing pretty good

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've started topdressing with fish bone meal (3-16-0) once about a couple weeks before flip and just adding the same amount of nutes that I would with each feeding.

Also yeah, I might have to copy that brilliant grow space.
Cheap and easy.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also remember its your first time in soil and then add a new strain, well your probably right in thinking they should be bigger, but that will come from learning from this grow if you stick with it, the way I look at it is, is everyday that there is an issue, or not optimal growth, is time and growth your not going to get back. next time you may not have the nutrient issue and the root bound issue, soil plants hate that. So you would probably see bigger bud just from that plus you'll see other stuff next time around. either way for first time in soil your doing pretty good
Thanks man. Thinking I will enjoy the coco more but I'm now enjoying this grow and glad I did it. I think it will make me a better grower in the end.

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Thanks man. Thinking I will enjoy the coco more but I'm now enjoying this grow and glad I did it. I think it will make me a better grower in the end.
I always kept my faith in the aquadirtman. Stretch = yield. They are looking lovely. Great work.
Burnz

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Dude lots too see!
It not glamorous as the big banging flower buds; but I really like this period of development. You get to see the future sites of the colas. Plus the pistils are very pretty, kind of reminds me of peaking up a skirt, a little glimpse of filth.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like those nice compact healthy sturdy soil plants could take it.

Dont know about those stringy unsupported weak stem hydro plants though. ;-)
Been as high as almost 85k before but they has stress and noticable. But I'm surprised because the HBMC was showing light stress early on. May have just needed some time to settle in. They definitely are healthier overall I feel. But I'm gonna say thats probably because of the more stable environment Ina bigger room and possibly slower growth? Seems more forgiving than my hydro on climate.

Will see once it hits the coco. But it's grown on me. I'm definitely not as anti dirt. But I miss and like my control of hydro. Advantages and disadvantages. Definitely has affected my view of soil in a positive way.... Other than growth rates.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Been as high as almost 85k before but they has stress and noticable. But I'm surprised because the HBMC was showing light stress early on. May have just needed some time to settle in. They definitely are healthier overall I feel. But I'm gonna say thats probably because of the more stable environment Ina bigger room and possibly slower growth? Seems more forgiving than my hydro on climate.

Will see once it hits the coco. But it's grown on me. I'm definitely not as anti dirt. But I miss and like my control of hydro. Advantages and disadvantages. Definitely has affected my view of soil in a positive way.... Other than growth rates.

I get sturdier plant growing 6 weeks under t-5 ho flourescents in veg than i did in 4 weeks to the same size with a 315 cmh.

I have not thought for a minute that speeding up the growth of the plants would be beneficial in any way except faster turnaround.

I feel the same about the bloom nutes excessive phosphorous “signaling” the plant to bloom faster.

I get noticably better quality in potency and flavor and smell not “signalling them and they tend to flower a couple extra weeks if i dont boost the P.

I plan to email dave the owner of dyna grow to dispute his comment that it increased quality so they recommend bloom nutes even though their tissue samples and tests say the plant doesnt use the high P.

I got pro mix to give an honest answer about the starter fertilizer that is not labeled on american bales so maybe dyna grow will come clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom