• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeeKeeper2

BeeKeeper2

Looks lovely.

And i still dont think just a short course of bloom nutes would make any difference in a peat mix grow to bud onset from a phosphorous boost. Too much nutes still held ruin the ratio change I would think.

Unless you flush heavy end of veg maybe.

I also dont see why faster bud onset would be better for anything but faster cycle. I stopped using bloom nutes to extend the cycle so the plants have more time to reach their potential.

Just my opinion from my own tests. :-)
Plants chugging along bud onset not as big or fast as I anticipated but they are there. Stretch is not to bad. Tops sitting about 65k lux
Plants chugging along bud onset not as big or fast as I anticipated but they are there. Stretch is not to bad. Tops sitting about 65k lux
Hello Aqua Man! Very nice room! I will be building one myself soon. I'm on my first grow doing pretty well I guess. I wanted to ask, are you using LEDs? How do you use lux for light measure? I have a lux meter also. I would like to get a measure of light also. Is there a formula that you use? Thank you for your help in advance! Nice Babies!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello Aqua Man! Very nice room! I will be building one myself soon. I'm on my first grow doing pretty well I guess. I wanted to ask, are you using LEDs? How do you use lux for light measure? I have a lux meter also. I would like to get a measure of light also. Is there a formula that you use? Thank you for your help in advance! Nice Babies!
Thank @BeeKeeper2

I'm using the HLG600 v1. Yes its led.

For lux I recommend this without CO2.
Clones 5k
Seedlings 5-10k
Veg 15-45k
Flower 45-65k (higher if CO2)

I start veg at 15k then increase 3-5k every few days to a week based on plant response. What I look for is flat or slightly V shaped leaves at the top of the plant. Once they start to V that is a stress response to light. Nice flat leaves is good but I like to just sit on that edge of light stress to make sure I'm pushing em as hard as I can.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Thank @BeeKeeper2

Clones 5k
Seedlings 5-10k
Veg 15-45k

I start veg at 15k then increase 3-5k every few days to a week based on plant response. What I look for is flat or slightly V shaped leaves at the top of the plant. Once they start to V that is a stress response to light. Nice flat leaves is good but I like to just sit on that edge of light stress to make sure I'm pushing em as hard as I can.

Excellent info right here, thanks...just adjusted my light :)

Pondracer

Pondracer

Thank @BeeKeeper2

Clones 5k
Seedlings 5-10k
Veg 15-45k

This is interesting. I have one plant showing the v and the other not at all. Running the lights at 80% but no meter to check.

BeeKeeper2

BeeKeeper2

Thank @BeeKeeper2

Clones 5k
Seedlings 5-10k
Veg 15-45k

WoW Very nice light. Thank you very much! That's great information! And best part no math!!!LOL

BeeKeeper2

BeeKeeper2

Different strains, pheno or placement under the light. Not all plants tolerate it equally. Move the stressed one to the lower light area and one that tolerates it better to the high spot. That way your trying maximise them all.
[/QUOTE
WoW Very nice light. Thank you very much! That's great information! And best part no math!!!LOL
Aqua You think these girls are happy? 3rd -4th fan leafs down from top two are flat, Seems Ive always seen the "V" in the top leafs. I think at 100 scale it's reading 33.000 lux right at that bud site.

20200804 091506
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua You think these girls are happy? 3rd -4th fan leafs down from top two are flat, Seems Ive always seen the "V" in the top leafs. I think at 100 scale it's reading 33.000 lux right at that bud site.
I would say so. When you flip to 12/12 you can push them harder. The longer the light cycle the less intensity will be needed. So its best to look the first few hrs and then the last few to see how the plant is reacting.

Last edited:
BeeKeeper2

BeeKeeper2

I would say so. When you flip to 12/12 you can push them harder. The longer the light cycle the less intensity will be needed. So its best to look the first few hrs and then the last few to see how the plant is reacting.
Aqua I am at day 9 of 12s. I am bringing wattage up every other day. I have two sets of four HLG 120 v2s in 4x4. they are in two rows about 45" long. 4/3500 + 4/3000 I don't want to damage them but running short of height also! I figure if I hurt them then lost alot more time to up it. Highest sativa and highest Indica buds are getting 54000 lux.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua I am at day 9 of 12s. I am bringing wattage up every other day. I have two sets of four HLG 120 v2s in 4x4. they are in two rows about 45" long. 4/3500 + 4/3000 I don't want to damage them but running short of height also! I figure if I hurt them then lost alot more time to up it. Highest sativa and highest Indica buds are getting 54000 lux.
That should be fine.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok we'll the new tip scorching is potassium deficiency. The clawing only the semi older leaves was nitrogen. I wanted to point this out because many assume immediately nitrogen and IME It can be excess calcium, excess nitrogen or very early indicator of potassium deficiency. So when I see tip burn with no claw I eliminate nitrogen from the list. When you see tips and edges scorching you can almost guarantee a potassium deficiency.

This is the ladies now. Yeah I'm not all that proud of how lazy I am on this grow but it's strictly for mother's. Next grow same thing. Once after that is to prove I can actually do a nice grow lol.

This is literally 1 min after lights on so not the best time for pics. They are a still a bit sleepy and have morning breath

Here is a pic of potassium deficiency and the plants.

IMG 20200804 125444
IMG 20200804 125703
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ok we'll the new tip scorching is potassium deficiency. The clawing only the semi older leaves was nitrogen. I wanted to point this out because many assume immediately nitrogen and IME It can be excess calcium, excess nitrogen or very early indicator of potassium deficiency. So when I see tip burn with no claw I eliminate nitrogen from the list. When you see tips and edges scorching you can almost guarantee a potassium deficiency.

This is the ladies now. Yeah I'm not all that proud of how lazy I am on this grow but it's strictly for mother's. Next grow same thing. Once after that is to prove I can actually do a nice grow lol.

This is literally 1 min after lights on so not the best time for pics. They are a still a bit sleepy and have morning breath

Here is a pic of potassium deficiency and the plants.
Hey, I've been away for a while now neglecting my plants and this site, just too busy to spend any time with my plants or online. You wanted to see my experiment with 4-5 days on 12/ 12 then back to vegging for a couple of weeks then back to flower. I intend on doing that on this batch I have going now. They're 5+ ft tall 5 months old and I'm still dealing with bugs. I've been aggressively washing and spraying with oils and soaps, neem oil is next, it should be here this week and once I'm sure they're clean I'm going 12/12. Hopefully by Sept 1 I can flip them for good

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey, I've been away for a while now neglecting my plants and this site, just too busy to spend any time with my plants or online. You wanted to see my experiment with 4-5 days on 12/ 12 then back to vegging for a couple of weeks then back to flower. I intend on doing that on this batch I have going now. They're 5+ ft tall 5 months old and I'm still dealing with bugs. I've been aggressively washing and spraying with oils and soaps, neem oil is next, it should be here this week and once I'm sure they're clean I'm going 12/12. Hopefully by Sept 1 I can flip them for good
Ouch sorry for the bugs but thank you for letting me know brother. I'm looking forward to it and absolutely feel free to throw up the pics and progress here is ya like. Pumped to see how this goes.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ouch sorry for the bugs but thank you for letting me know brother. I'm looking forward to it and absolutely feel free to throw up the pics and progress here is ya like. Pumped to see how this goes.
The Neem oil came today and they're going to get blasted shortly. I was not using enough of my essential oils, I searched how much neem oil to use and I was shocked at the quantity I need to use. I'd read or my grey matter thought I was supposed to use 15 drops per gallon & 15 ml soap. I've been way short I need to add 8ml per liter 35 ml per gallon to contact kill.

IT"S TIME FOR GENOCIDE They're going to die tonight !!! and I'll get their little children in a couple days then one more acid bombing and the clan should be gone. I've bleached everything they come in contact with and created a clean room, new slippers and all so I don't pack any of them back in with me. This has been my worst infection ever, too many plants too tight and not acting aggressively enough at the start of it...

There was an Alice's Restaurant song with lines about wanting to Kill and see blood guts and gore. I now know the feeling I wanna kill them all, their children wives daughters and eggs no mercy it's carpet bombing time..

sshz

sshz

Be aware there is more and more stuff about the negatives (health wise) of using Neem Oil........check this out, then decide. You didn't say what kind of bugs you are fighting????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom