• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Great to hear the magoo is comin out dank, I've got a couple clones taken from 4 month old, really strong phenos of it going in the room now. They're looking really nice.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Great to hear the magoo is comin out dank, I've got a couple clones taken from 4 month old, really strong phenos of it going in the room now. They're looking really nice.
Thanks brother... looking forward to see how they do for you since I made some boo boos lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I would just double up... you can always toss extra females if need be. Its a shame but I know how you feel. I hate when I run for mothers but after its all clones and life is good. I just feel this is gonna be something special. I have one that is really coloring now and I haven't even dropped my temos yet theybare 83f

That's pretty much how I do it. When I do a mom run I veg twice as many plants as usual and just pull the males, and expect a reduced yield. I consider the slight loss in finished yield an investment.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's pretty much how I do it. When I do a mom run I veg twice as many plants as usual and just pull the males, and expect a reduced yield. I consider the slight loss in finished yield an investment.
Yeah I almost think 2 runs in a row is well not very fun. I wanted to get it out of the way but now I'm really thinking of running this if it smokes well and do another mother run after. Plus get a few clones out to buddies incase something happens.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah I almost think 2 runs in a row is well not very fun. I wanted to get it out of the way but now I'm really thinking of running this if it smokes well and do another mother run after. Plus get a few clones out to buddies incase something happens.
Yeah 2 in a row is trying. I always do my mom hunts in the summer, and mostly outdoors. I can get a way larger volume of plants to choose from and take clones once they preflower to experiment with just females In the flower room. This year I'm getting a nice variety of pollen to work with too. Only running the main mom hunt in the shed and outside this year because I picked up the BMS and garlic breath a bit late for outdoor but really wanted to run it with the pheno hunt..., otherwise it would be waiting till next summer. So indoors it is. This is the first time I've run reg seeds and weeded out males in the main room ever.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah 2 in a row is trying. I always do my mom hunts in the summer, and mostly outdoors. I can get a way larger volume of plants to choose from and take clones once they preflower to experiment with just females In the flower room. This year I'm getting a nice variety of pollen to work with too. Only running the main mom hunt in the shed and outside this year because I picked up the BMS and garlic breath a bit late for outdoor but really wanted to run it with the pheno hunt..., otherwise it would be waiting till next summer. So indoors it is. This is the first time I've run reg seeds and weeded out males in the main room ever.
Uuug I wish I could do this outdoors would be so much easier.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Took some pics with the lights out to show the difference in bud size. See the back right HBCM. Small buds but look very good. The other 2 HBCM ar the 2 middle plants.

The BFT seem to be a much higher yielder. But im in love with that 1 pheno with the tiny buds. Looks, smells great and has nice trich production. Unfortunately its a small yielder.

20200828 211946
20200828 211011
FourthCity

FourthCity

Think you could do better with the soil next time round, this run turned out well in the end, you just had a bumpy start. đź‘Ť
Definitely could do better but I think I will stick to hydro or soiless. If I started in dirt I may have a different opinion.
Lol or you may not. I think a lot of people who go from dirt to hydro/soiless dont go back. But I'm sure lots of hydro growers have tried dirt and quickly gone back to hydro. There will be outliers to this theory of course lol.
Did the two side by side for my first few grows and have had no desire to go back to soil for over 10yrs. That being said, for those that have no restrictions on plant count or others that are severely limited on space I could see the appeal.

A lot of people say that hydro is more difficult than soil and I know aqua called this his "lazy" grow, maybe plant for plant soil is easier but I think if you look at if from the point of how much effort is put in per gram or ounce harvested then imo hydro comes out on top every time (excluding outdoors of course). I think thats why many people who have done both ultimately end up sticking with hydro.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Did the two side by side for my first few grows and have had no desire to go back to soil for over 10yrs. That being said, for those that have no restrictions on plant count or others that are severely limited on space I could see the appeal.

A lot of people say that hydro is more difficult than soil and I know aqua called this his "lazy" grow, maybe plant for plant soil is easier but I think if you look at if from the point of how much effort is put in per gram or ounce harvested then imo hydro comes out on top every time (excluding outdoors of course). I think thats why many people who have done both ultimately end up sticking with hydro.
I will say in my hydro the work was easy in spil not so easy. I mean i am one of those guys that respects how fast things can go wrong if left to their own device in hydro so I should probably change my statement now that I'm further along in dirt.

Dirt more forgiving, less control with harder work.

Hydro less forgiving, much faster growth, ultimate control, work is easy but more constant.

How I feel about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom