Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshmen

Moshmen

So I also got another , well something I just don’t understand, thought may be you could answer ? I used rainwater 20ppm Aprox 7.3 ish most times , I would add 2 ml of calmag and 6 ml of pure blend pro grow it would bring my ppm up around 800 ppm - now fast forward to me using tap water ( not sure of the make up yet ) it runs 300-400 ppm so no calmag but I have to add almost 12 ml of the pbpg to hit my 800 range ? It just seems backwards to me and I get the water make up thing but how can the nutrient bleep bd the same when I physically add more? Is it a reaction to something in the water ? I’m not to worried about it as I’m switching to mega crop this next run. I just really would like to understand

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I also got another , well something I just don’t understand, thought may be you could answer ? I used rainwater 20ppm Aprox 7.3 ish most times , I would add 2 ml of calmag and 6 ml of pure blend pro grow it would bring my ppm up around 800 ppm - now fast forward to me using tap water ( not sure of the make up yet ) it runs 300-400 ppm so no calmag but I have to add almost 12 ml of the pbpg to hit my 800 range ? It just seems backwards to me and I get the water make up thing but how can the nutrient bleep bd the same when I physically add more? Is it a reaction to something in the water ? I’m not to worried about it as I’m switching to mega crop this next run. I just really would like to understand
Are you seeing any precipitate? Its possible that PH or chemical reaction could cause this. Mix a small amount in a glass jar and let sit. Look for residue on the bottom.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Are you seeing any precipitate? Its possible that PH or chemical reaction could cause this. Mix a small amount in a glass jar and let sit. Look for residue on the bottom.
How long to let it sit? I know the pbpg has fallout in both solutions over time - I’ve even seen the crystallization mimed mentioned

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How long to let it sit? I know the pbpg has fallout in both solutions over time - I’ve even seen the crystallization mimed mentioned
I would mix and let sit 24 hrs. Test ppm ans ph immediately after then again in 24 hrs and look for precipitate.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ph was my first thought but really isn’t ph directly related to content ?
Yes... but if ph is very high when things like calcium or iron are added they can fall out of a solution. That's why when adding something like silica that drastically raises ph you add it first then ph down before adding nutrients or you risk some elements precipitating out.

That ppm is to high imo to use. If you mix it 50/50 with RO i would say acceptable.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Moshmen I would have a water sample test done on it just to see what's in it if you can... that will give a good picture of what would be the best course of action or any changes needed to use it for your plants.

Moshmen

Moshmen

@Moshmen I would have a water sample test done on it just to see what's in it if you can... that will give a good picture of what would be the best course of action or any changes needed to use it for your plants.
Yeah we just switched water companies I had request in no should have next week

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yes... but if ph is very high when things like calcium or iron are added they can fall out of a solution. That's why when adding something like silica that drastically raises ph you add it first then ph down before adding nutrients or you risk some elements precipitating out.

That ppm is to high imo to use. If you mix it 50/50 with RO i would say acceptable.
I have definitely had issues getting it dialed in! But are rainwater was just to inconsistent normally it rains every day here but not this year we went a weeks with out ! And then bam 2-3 inches at once . I may just get a reverse os fit under the sink we could prolly drink it then ! Wow I never realized I don’t drink the water but I’ll feed it to my babies ? That’s not right .

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey guys, I don't have very much out door experience and less yet that have been successful. Tonight its down to 8 c = 46 f I have a fan on and thats it in a little plastic puptent green house. Would you leave the fan on, add heat, cover with a tarp. or do you think it being that cold so quick will cause problems? ??

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey guys, I don't have very much out door experience and less yet that have been successful. Tonight its down to 8 c = 46 f I have a fan on and thats it in a little plastic puptent green house. Would you leave the fan on, add heat, cover with a tarp. or do you think it being that cold so quick will cause problems? ??
Honestly not sure bro. Wish I had some good advice. Maybe tarp and heat? I think if you can avoid frost and day temps are ok a short cold burst may not be to rough on them. Bit like i say im indoor and never grown in those temps

Moshmen

Moshmen

That’s pretty cold in my limited experience depends what the weathers been like big I always tried to keep mine in the high 50’s but I have no science just what worked for me I’ve even draped blankets over em! Lol you laugh but it worked

Moshmen

Moshmen

Hey thanx Aqua for lettin is jack ur thread ! And helping out ! I’ll let ya know what in my water ? Lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That’s pretty cold in my limited experience depends what the weathers been like big I always tried to keep mine in the high 50’s but I have no science just what worked for me I’ve even draped blankets over em! Lol you laugh but it worked
The weather has been great night time 15 - 18 c 59- 63 f and tonight its dropping fast.....Canada...Maritimes....Fog now on in. OUt door growing has caused me tears in the past

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey thanx Aqua for lettin is jack ur thread ! And helping out ! I’ll let ya know what in my water ? Lol
No problem brother... always willing to share info and opinions and just enjoy talking about plants. All condo welcome here no jackin needed.

Anthem

Anthem

I would tarp and get the heat up to about 10 to 15 degrees below daytime high in the greenhouse. Greenhouses with light dep can make some straight up great smoke!!!! Good Luck, I remember the challenges with a green house. I use to burn candles in the winter, make a big cone of aluminum foil to keep the light away from the plants.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Honestly not sure bro. Wish I had some good advice. Maybe tarp and heat? I think if you can avoid frost and day temps are ok a short cold burst may not be to rough on them. Bit like i say im indoor and never grown in those temps
Okay I saw you on and thought I'd run it by you...Thanks I'll muddle along as usual 😃😃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom