Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

All cleaned up last day of light will be tomorrow.

I think your plants are looking good , big difference from hydro to soil , I think you'll like coco better though just from what I'm getting, the auto feed and stuff is more your grow style I think, Also if you use seaweed or kelp now is prime time, when you start your Pk boost to the end of stretch, for the sugar and Boron, or you could foliar spray some borax.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think your plants are looking good , big difference from hydro to soil , I think you'll like coco better though just from what I'm getting, the auto feed and stuff is more your grow style I think, Also if you use seaweed or kelp now is prime time, when you start your Pk boost to the end of stretch, for the sugar and Boron, or you could foliar spray some borax.
I'm skipping this grow but looking at sea green I think it's called next grow

guymandude

guymandude

i followed your lead , my friend. Gave my girls a haircut last night.... thank you!

and coco rocks. been growing in coco for 12 years. lots of different wayt to do it, but once you find your way, its game on

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey bubba how close at what wattage have you been comfortable with your light?
I just go by lux it gets me close. I use and Android app call "light meter" by my mobile tools dev.

It really depends on the plants and growth stage. I raise and lower the light for most even coverage then adjust power based on lux. I know it's not the best measurement but it works well enough for me and it's free.

This is only for 18/6 light cycle.

Seedlings like 10k max

Early veg 15k and increase based on plants response 3-5k every couple days. By late veg I like to be 40-45k.

In flower we change to 12/12 so I simply increase the lux by 1/4 because I have 1/4 less time the light is on.

In flower I like to be 60-70k depending what the strain can handle.

So I'm usually tinkering as the plants grow. Especially during stretch. After that they settle in and I don't really need to adjust.

Last edited:
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

At flip I will give them 60k lux and see how they respond. My gut says I will have to drop to 50-55k and work up as close to 70k as possible over a week or so. But they usually kinda grow into the increased lux
Think i was doing 84k lux haha. Surely i can drop to 70k and stay there

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

That's how this grow made me feel. Watering is slow af in soil. Hydro drop it in and walk away. But the testing everyday takes time. At first it was great... Now I see how much nutrients I have to mix to water these. Not fun but it is a lot more plants.
give your plants some love...take your time smoke a joint with the ladies....I bet they repay the favor someday 😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

give your plants some love...take your time smoke a joint with the ladies....I bet they repay the favor someday 😁
Yep I had to slow down and let em run the show... They are much happier being in charge lol. Learned a fair bit so far and still lots more to go.

One thing I learned is I like to be in charge so soil is not for me but as bad as I make it sound I'm happy with it so far.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I shoulda actually named the thread Aqua Man whines for an entire dirt grow lol
hey man...thats what i was whining about 6 weeks ago or so...all these little issues that popped up when i moved to pots indoors..seriously it's the size of the pot that counts to a great extent that i'm only just now grasping..I haven't grown out 50 different strains of weed but i grown out more than 50 plants over a few decades meeting more failure than success until the past few years mostly because of fear of coming to one of these sites. I've hit my plants with the same ferts i use to grow big azz pumpkins numerous times and never saw anything to negative in soil outdoors excepts crazy growth that i just cant duplicate (and dont want to) indoors... No nute lock or heavy clawing ever occurred...herms YES but none of the little issues that brought me here ever bothered me b4. On the Mr Nice site where my SSH came from specifically stated that this strain of weed will not grow to her full potential in smaller pot sizes as she prefers to be able to express her root system or something to that effect..well...i need to be able to move my plants around some so a 5-8 gal pot just gonna give me another back issue when i least expect it. To counter that i used a heavy soil with a bunch of perlite in 2-3.5 gal pots. You cant get away with that soil indoors but it works great outdoors in natural sunlight...and most importantly little to no Cal Mag...everytime i try to use that stuff it causes me issues with my soil mix...but i just gave a 1/2 dose to my 2 ladies in there 2ond and 3rd week of bloom yesterday just because i'm like a little kid with a toy sometimes and cant put it down...my girl didnt ask for it but i gave it to her anyway...fingers crossed

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

hey man...thats what i was whining about 6 weeks ago or so...all these little issues that popped up when i moved to pots indoors..seriously it's the size of the pot that counts to a great extent that i'm only just now grasping..I haven't grown out 50 different strains of weed but i grown out more than 50 plants over a few decades meeting more failure than success until the past few years mostly because of fear of coming to one of these sites. I've hit my plants with the same ferts i use to grow big azz pumpkins numerous times and never saw anything to negative in soil outdoors excepts crazy growth that i just cant duplicate (and dont want to) indoors... No nute lock or heavy clawing ever occurred...herms YES but none of the little issues that brought me here ever bothered me b4. On the Mr Nice site where my SSH came from specifically stated that this strain of weed will not grow to her full potential in smaller pot sizes as she prefers to be able to express her root system or something to that effect..well...i need to be able to move my plants around some so a 5-8 gal pot just gonna give me another back issue when i least expect it. To counter that i used a heavy soil with a bunch of perlite in 2-3.5 gal pots. You cant get away with that soil indoors but it works great outdoors in natural sunlight...and most importantly little to no Cal Mag...everytime i try to use that stuff it causes me issues with my soil mix...but i just gave a 1/2 dose to my 2 ladies in there 2ond and 3rd week of bloom yesterday just because i'm like a little kid with a toy sometimes and cant put it down...my girl didnt ask for it but i gave it to her anyway...fingers crossed
Yeah indoor is a whole nother beast. I add cal mag with every feed now. I had seen early it was gonna be the case. It's because of the base nutrient I'm using.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

The biggest buds I ever grew were on plants I re-vegged after sexing. After 3 - 4 days I found the males and put the fems back in veg. Over the next week or two small buds developed and trident leaves were growing with them. After 3 weeks I returned them to the flower room, their bud development had continued through the 3 more weeks in veg then exploded stacking buds on buds once on 12/12 again. I did that to sex plants but I'm thinking now I should try that again off clones I know are fems.

Have you ever seen that with plants or done that to them? accidentally or on purpose?
I started a plant 3 summers ago in February ...had dime size flowers on it the last week of may when i put it in the ground...it went into a weird veg/ bud stage all that summer it grew massive both in size and buds ..didnt weigh it but were talking a pound or so of finished mediocre smoke...to bad it got the bud worm on 1/3 of all branches including the best cola...anyway, the buds just kept growing right along with the plant all that summer with bud growth speeding up the 2ond week of Sept.all the way to around october 10th or so when the 1st killing frost arrived that season...probably my best outdoor grow up her...but NOT my most potent

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I started a plant 3 summers ago in February ...had dime size flowers on it the last week of may when i put it in the ground...it went into a weird veg/ bud stage all that summer it grew massive both in size and buds ..didnt weigh it but were talking a pound or so of finished mediocre smoke...to bad it got the bud worm on 1/3 of all branches including the best cola...anyway, the buds just kept growing right along with the plant all that summer with bud growth speeding up the 2ond week of Sept.all the way to around october 10th or so when the 1st killing frost arrived that season...probably my best outdoor grow up her...but NOT my most potent
I'm going to put this to the test on my next flower run. Too hot now but in Sept I think I'll stick them on 12/12 for 3-4 days then turn back to 18 -24 ( like I'd did in the past) for 2 weeks then back to 12/12. lol if I can remember this conversation then. 🙄🙄 old age and me meds makes for a sporadic memory sometimes.😉😉

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm going to put this to the test on my next flower run. Too hot now but in Sept I think I'll stick them on 12/12 for 3-4 days then turn back to 18 -24 ( like I'd did in the past) for 2 weeks then back to 12/12. lol if I can remember this conversation then. 🙄🙄 old age and me meds makes for a sporadic memory sometimes.😉😉
I would love to see it Pipe if ya still end up doing it would you mind tagging me? Would be interesting to observe and hell can never learn enough so would appreciate it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I would love to see it Pipe if ya still end up doing it would you mind tagging me? Would be interesting to observe and hell can never learn enough so would appreciate it.
If I'm thinking when I need to turn them I will definitely try it
The same seeds although this may not be a fair comparison because the second seeded up ( I fked up leaving an indicator light uncovered ) but it didn't jump out of the gate as fast as letting it grow small pre buds in veg.
& one of the full plants around 8 weeks

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom