Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
amekins

amekins

1.5oz decarbed and simmering at a nice 190f in 10oz of coconut oil for 4 hrs. Then we making some gummie bears. Will post pics later. Think the neighbors at the end of the block can smell it lol.
The weather is finally getting cool enough that I can start making my cannatoffee with almonds. Deeeelightful! Enjoy!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im surprised you dont have blue light strips to supplement in veg

You are “Water Science Man” are you not?
Yeah I know I need em but been lazy on that end. I would use em for the first 2 weeks then switch to 3k. But I do have some sweet agromax pure UV bulbs on the way. I'm excited for those.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I know I need em but been lazy on that end. I would use em for the first 2 weeks then switch to 3k. But I do have some sweet agromax pure UV bulbs on the way. I'm excited for those.

You already got the pure uv but i would recomend the hortilux full spectrum with the uv. For the full blue flourescent spectrum and enough uv and can be run full time. Watch it with the pure uv. Many threads with uv fried plants out there.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You already got the pure uv but i would recomend the hortilux full spectrum with the uv. For the full blue flourescent spectrum and enough uv and can be run full time. Watch it with the pure uv. Many threads with uv fried plants out there.
Oh yeah definitely it's a beast but will need much less run time increasing bulb life.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Male breeding takes a keen eye for traits and a sound knowledge of actual genetic science. But with enough backcrossing and outbred diversity within the genome it is possible to identify males that carry the desirable traits.

The idea of breeders phasing out male breeding and only working with selfed pollen terrifies me honestly. Maybe because I don't know enough about it? Or maybe its because it smells like breeders are just looking for a way to more easily patent plants. The next thing will be patented feminized seeds that grow sterile buds that can't even be pollinated. Just wait..

I've been on a bit of a natural streak lately and this line of thinking doesn't sit well with me.
Using males for breeding, it's essential to keeping the lines stable. That said, most people want "feminized" seeds, so doing it for several generations in a row obviously has it's problems.

Yea, TBH I think many of the big money breeders are actually holding back a lot of genetics from getting out into the general public. I think there's also a ton of misinformation being spread about genetics. Trading the good stuff among themselves, but anything that's released to the general public is a crap shoot, and just pure luck. Producing good beans isn't difficult if you've got genetics behind it.

To put it bluntly, I think there pushing all the immature, insufficient crap leftover beans and hording all the good stuff, for well connected growers, and they can afford to do so without taking much of a hit. Then charging "premium" prices for it. That way, there always sitting on top of what they've got. It's a capitalist exercise, nothing more.

Once you've got a reputation for having the goods, you can essentially do whatever the fuck you like, and people will still trip over one another trying to hand over money trying to get something good. It's a bullshit scam game being played on the industry by a few at the very top.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
After going though this last batch, (just chopped down 8 seed laden plants yesterday) it's pretty apparent to me the beans with the "best potential" come from the internode junctions on the plant in key spots. Those beans are bigger, there much healthier looking and they've been connected closer to the placenta that feeds them.

Seed positions on plants matter.

Now, this might not have much to do with the genetic's overall, but it has a lot to do with how healthy, the vigor and the size (potential) of the next generations of specimens. Seeds that come from the optimum "positions" on plants are going to have a distinct advantage over other seeds (from the same plant).

These particular seeds will sprout without ANY stratification, and have seem to exibit no dormancy periods. I literally have progeny from these plants 4 inches tall before they were even cut down.

IMG 20201024 201114
IMG 20201024 200400
IMG 20201024 200530

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If I can count 165 gummies. Aboit 20% thc using 1.5 ounce in 10 ounces of coconut oil.

Using about half the oil for the gummies 42 grams at 20% ... 42x200mg is 8400mg minus loses of say 20%ish is 6720mg divided by 165 gummies is about 40 mg gummies. But could vary quite a bit as this is all guess work.

And off to the fridge they go.

Thanks again @sshz for the recipe brother

20201025 210000
Last edited:
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
If I can count 165 gummies. Aboit 20% thc using 1.5 ounce in 10 ounces of coconut oil.

Using about half the oil for the gummies 42 grams at 20% ... 42x200mg is 8400mg minus loses of say 20%ish is 6720mg divided by 165 gummies is about 40 mg gummies. But could vary quite a bit as this is all guess work.

And off to the fridge they go.
Never know how close you are until you eat one!!! ❤🌱🍭 when can we hear about the results? Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom