• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
beluga

beluga

Thank you. (I do animal rescue/fostering.) ❤
You ever have a sneezy, wheezy, mucousy cat?
We suspect allergies, but we've literally had 3 different vets all tell us, 'allergies in cats are really rare.' And we're like, 'okay, well wtf do we do then?' And basically the answer is always expensive tests.
He was born with worms, fleas, etc. which... how many cats aren't? We got him treated, of course. But that was a while back and we're maybe wondering if it didn't knock it out fully and the population has maybe gotten out of hand and is causing these symptoms?
(We're gonna take him in again for parasite tests, but... flu kinda put it on the back burner.)
He gets better when he's not around dust, dirty litter, or musty areas... but, we just got an 80-year-old house, so.... tough luck, bud.
He cleans himself incessantly, is sneezy/wheezy, has excessive eye and nose mucous. We give him supplements, probiotics, salmon oil... which help a bit... and when he's really bad, zyrtec... which helps to an extent.
His mom, meanwhile, seems to have natural flea and tick repellent, doesn't get sick, no wheezies... no issues at all.

Was gonna DM... but maybe any of you other fine folks have dealt with this?

amekins

amekins

We suspect allergies, but we've literally had 3 different vets all tell us, 'allergies in cats are really rare.' And we're like, 'okay, well wtf do we do then?' And basically the answer is always expensive tests.
He was born with worms, fleas, etc. which... how many cats aren't? We got him treated, of course. But that was a while back and we're maybe wondering if it didn't knock it out fully and the population has maybe gotten out of hand and is causing these symptoms?
(We're gonna take him in again for parasite tests, but... flu kinda put it on the back burner.)
He gets better when he's not around dust, dirty litter, or musty areas... but, we just got an 80-year-old house, so.... tough luck, bud.
He cleans himself incessantly, is sneezy/wheezy, has excessive eye and nose mucous. We give him supplements, probiotics, salmon oil... which help a bit... and when he's really bad, zyrtec... which helps to an extent.
His mom, meanwhile, seems to have natural flea and tick repellent, doesn't get sick, no wheezies... no issues at all.

Allergy tests in cats are very expensive and mostly pointless. Another suggested allergen could be food. I realize it ebbs and flows but it could be a combination of things. Boots was a foster fail of mine. She has been with us almost a year after having been adopted and returned because of allergies. We suspect she is allergic to animal protein and none of the immunosuppressive biologics helped her. But diet and prednisolone do. If the Zyrtec works, use it. I can suggest dietary changes or environmental changes.
0A89004A 8654 46DD 8988 DC89A9221E88

beluga

beluga

Allergy tests in cats are very expensive and mostly pointless. Another suggested allergen could be food. I realize it ebbs and flows but it could be a combination of things. Boots was a foster fail of mine. She has been with us almost a year after having been adopted and returned because of allergies. We suspect she is allergic to animal protein and none of the immunosuppressive biologics helped her. But diet and prednisolone do. If the Zyrtec works, use it. I can suggest dietary changes or environmental changes. View attachment 1062067
Wow!
What a freakin' difference.😍
He's definitely not that bad... he's my little PBP mascot who can't keep himself out of my pictures...
dsc_1689-jpg.1058311

We did consider the animal protein... took him off of grain-free chicken, which we heard was the main issue, switched him to grain-free rabbit. But I'm guessing we could go further in that regard...
I'd love and greatly appreciate any insights you have into that.
The zyrtec does not work as well as we (and he) would like. Just keeps it from being unbearable.

amekins

amekins

Wow!
What a freakin' difference.😍
He's definitely not that bad... he's my little PBP mascot who can't keep himself out of my pictures...
dsc_1689-jpg.1058311

We did consider the animal protein... took him off of grain-free chicken, which we heard was the main issue, switched him to grain-free rabbit. But I'm guessing we could go further in that regard...
I'd love and greatly appreciate any insights you have into that.
I will DM you so I don’t clog up Aquaman’s thread. :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

my cat seems to sneeze and wheeze from typical allergies (hay fever)right along with my asthmatic self.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Kitties are so lovable its ridiculous!!!

Hey aqua man I gotta a question for ya......I was reading this thread and saw a pic of your auto watering setup. My question is what stops the water from coming out of only the closest outlet? It seems the water wouldn't make it to the other outlets along the pvc?

Or a I guess a better way to put it is what keeps the water pressure even to all the outlets? I setup a similar system and when the pump comes on the water just comes out the closest outlet, and barely even drips out the others that are further away.......never could get it evenly distributed.... Tried adjusting the individual outlet heads.

I have a nice audrino auto sensing kit I built. It has sensors that go into the coco and when it gets dry it turns the pump on. That part worked great!
40 psi diaphram pump creates back pressure so they all get even amounts and I can adjust each sprayer head.

amekins

amekins

I thought some are... I know some like definitely are not and should not even be used in vaporizers in a house with pets
Essential oils should never be ingested or applied directly to skin without knowing whether it is safe, and most are not. I don’t speak about any in particular.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

growing so fast!
The roots are a solid 1gal pot... I imagine if there is an example of rootbound this is it... vwgged way to long but with seeds I had no choice. I think you commented on this earlier. With 2 months min to go it should be as promised a shit show but also very educational on how exactly being rootbound affects things.... I have a sneaking suspicion that if I feed em often enough... may end up being every 30 min... there may be no signs of rootbound.

As you can see the plants are very light at the growing tips and new growth is a bit lighter than I like even after having time to photosynthesize. Not showing deficiencies of cal or mag which is great and tells me the ratio of 2 to 1 is about as ideal for my grow as I can get.

Could use some critique here bro... what ya seeing? I know I need to even out that canopy.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The roots are a solid 1gal pot... I imagine if there is an example of rootbound this is it... vwgged way to long but with seeds I had no choice. I think you commented on this earlier. With 2 months min to go it should be as promised a shit show but also very educational on how exactly being rootbound affects things.... I have a sneaking suspicion that if I feed em often enough... may end up being every 30 min... there may be no signs of rootbound.

As you can see the plants are very light at the growing tips and new growth is a bit lighter than I like even after having time to photosynthesize. Not showing deficiencies of cal or mag which is great and tells me the ratio of 2 to 1 is about as ideal for my grow as I can get.

Could use some critique here bro... what ya seeing? I know I need to even out that canopy.

well they look healthy in the pics. I dont see unhealthy anything.

But like @BudGoodman showed. Gettin a bit crowded.

244D1BAE 457D 45E6 9811 3BA152625284

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

well they look healthy in the pics. I dont see unhealthy anything.

But like @BudGoodman showed. Gettin a bit crowded.

View attachment 1062096
Yeah I hate plucking leaves in stretch but I'm gonna have to. They are getting a lot of airflow right now to compensate but after few more days I'm gonna start getting some microclimate issues I'm sure. Plan is to move 6 as soon as I finish the autofeed at my buddies which should be this week. Amazon times are increasing... im kinda feeling ima need to feed 1200ppm every hour to keep em happy.... its sounds like an abomination of everything I say but plants this size and age in 1gal pots is not exactly what I would recommend either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom