Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
beluga

beluga

Not gonna lie its kinda funny seeing 1+ inch stalks in a 1 gal pot.

One of the gelato has a nice look to the budding structure early on even though they were all exposed to massive early and stretched a lot. Looks like its gonna be a donkey in the end. But we will see.
Yo, same.
20201215 174332

3" net pots.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup but the roots have a nice big tub.... mine are a solid mass the pots are like bricks. Im very curious to see how this goes. Is rootbound as much of an issue as we think or is it the instability of the media as they deplete it so much faster of water nutrients etc. At 10x a day im keeping it pretty fam stable for now but time will tell.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yup but the roots have a nice big tub.... mine are a solid mass the pots are like bricks. Im very curious to see how this goes. Is rootbound as much of an issue as we think or is it the instability of the media as they deplete it so much faster of water nutrients etc. At 10x a day im keeping it pretty fam stable for now but time will tell.

If you run pumps that often the coco is kind of a waste. Might as well go full hydro. Whats the advantage to the coco at that point?

beluga

beluga

Very interesting... I'm guessing the latter.
I always wondered how those small channel aero/fog systems worked so well with such a small root mass per plant... I'm guessing the air pruning action of your fabric pots would have a similar effect in keeping the roots viable..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Very interesting... I'm guessing the latter.
I always wondered how those small channel aero/fog systems worked so well with such a small root mass per plant... I'm guessing the air pruning action of your fabric pots would have a similar effect in keeping the roots viable..

no experience but the plant doesnt need to grow many roots if water vapor is sprayed right on them. I think in a dwc res the roots get so massive growing down to get in the water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you run pumps that often the coco is kind of a waste. Might as well go full hydro. Whats the advantage to the coco at that point?
Because I can remove plants since it was regs. In SOG hydro would be a nightmare which is what I plan to do. Pump runs for 5ecs now since I have 4 feeders in each pot per hour as its 40psi.

I can pull em off to trim and move em around which makes it easy for me because I only have access to one side.

Many reasons it fits me better. But I do miss pure hydro its just not as friendly in my space and in my new room with the res inside I would also need a chiller cause I wouldn't run 80f in hydro personally. About 72-74f seems to be the sweet spot in hydro for me.

Fudge

Fudge

Fully flowered in 3 liter pots, they're solid must be properly root bound, they're drinking 2.5 to 3 litres a day at full belt but as long as you can keep up they seem to take it. Must be 4 oz on her I could fit a lot of those under 1 light trained right (in fact I've got 20 going in a sog now nd they're doing great). But I also air prune roots with holes all over the pots for secondary roots to grow

20201215 125834

Even started on the tria 😉

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Fully flowered in 3 liter pots, they're solid must be properly root bound, they're drinking 2.5 to 3 litres a day at full belt but as long as you can keep up they seem to take it. Must be 4 oz on her I could fit a lot of those under 1 light trained right (in fact I've got 20 going in a sog now nd they're doing great). But I also air prune roots with holes all over the pots for secondary roots to grow

View attachment 1067864

Rockstar bro. Gives me some hope

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

View attachment 1067864

Fudge, you should be a race car mechanic or engineer or whatever imo.

Fudge

Fudge

Fudge, you should be a race car mechanic or engineer or whatever imo.
I was always told I could do or be one of the best at anything I wanted as far as career/acedemics..... and that my problem solving was well above average and that I dint give up until I learned or beat something.

Jack of all trades, but master at none 😂

I chose to use it in the exact opposite way and became the best at that. I seem to throw myself into things head and feet first bud.
Total addictive personality, topped off with a need to do something to the very best of my ability. Even if that was kill myself slowly on opiates and tablets.
My best trait is also my worst downfall.

Ironic.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was always told I could do or be one of the best at anything I wanted as far as career/acedemics..... and that my problem solving was well above average and that I dint give up until I learned or beat something.

Jack of all trades, but master at none 😂

I chose to use it in the exact opposite way and became the best at that. I seem to throw myself into things head and feet first bud.
Total addictive personality, topped off with a need to do something to the very best of my ability. Even if that was kill myself slowly on opiates and tablets.
My best trait is also my worst downfall.

Ironic.
Wow I have a twin brother and it sounds like we have a brother from another mother lol. I feel the same dam way... ain't nothing I can't do... and by trade I am a jack of all trades and master of none.... millwright.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I don't believe cannabis is a gateway drug (lol) but I know for damn sure that growing cannabis is a gateway to so many DIY projects and disciplines. I don't think there's any mistake that it appeals to personalities who fall into the "jack of all/many trades" camp. Professionally I am all over the place as well....basically a web/app developer even though my degrees are in economics and literature lol.

Fudge

Fudge

I don't believe cannabis is a gateway drug (lol) but I know for damn sure that growing cannabis is a gateway to so many DIY projects and I don't think there's any mistake that it appeals to personalities who fall into the "jack of all/many trades" camp. Professionally I am all over the place as well....basically a web/app developer even though my degrees are in economics and literature lol.

Growing Cannabis is THE most addictive thing I have ever started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom