Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'll tell you for the first time i am using massive i am loving how my plants look so far. Hard to compare tho since i have not grown in prob 5 years and the first harvest i had back were autos that i didnt use massive on. My current 3 in the Pink grow is going great. I just picked up some Mad Farmer Silica derived from potassium silicate. Is there a certain way you are supposed to mix silica into your nute mix? I was reading things of mix it in first or dilute it idk its been so long since i have used it.
Yes mine is a gel so I premix it in some water before adding. But you always add silica first then ph down to aboit 6.5 before adding anything else to it. If you look back in the thread you can see how much it raises the PH I took pics showing my tap 6.3 and after silica was 9.3 so you need to PH after adding it so when you add the other nutrients they dont precipitate out and become unavailable to the plants.

Odiesel

Odiesel

Yeah I'm in 1 gal and I feed 250ml per event. 1 seems to be ok right now but in late flower probably 5-6 times a day. I feed 5% of the pot volume as my nutrition solution then measure runoff and make sure I have 10-20% once I got below that i will increase the feeding frequency.
So how important is watering with runoff in coco? Is that to prevent salt buildup. and at that 10-20% runoff you are doing each cycle?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So how important is watering with runoff in coco? Is that to prevent salt buildup. and at that 10-20% runoff you are doing each cycle?
About 10% a cycle yes. I think most feel 10-20% a day is good but more doesn't hurt, its just a bit more wasteful. My nutrients are dirt cheap so for me I don't mind.

Yes thats to prevent nutrient buildup, ratio imbalances and keep a stable PH. This is my forst coco grow but I would say if your not getting runoff with inorganic nutrients its only a matter of time before you have issues. This is mostly seen early to mid flower when it catches up to growers. Its kinda deceiving because everything looks fine and ppl say I only feed this often or I don't need runoff then all if a sudden everything is not fine.

In coco if you watch the runoff its gives you a good idea of what's going on in the rootzone. Maybe not exactly but close enough to see which way its trending.

Odiesel

Odiesel

About 10% a cycle yes. I think most feel 10-20% a day is good but more doesn't hurt, its just a bit more wasteful. My nutrients are dirt cheap so for me I don't mind.

Yes thats to prevent nutrient buildup, ratio imbalances and keep a stable PH. This is my forst coco grow but I would say if your not getting runoff with inorganic nutrients its only a matter of time before you have issues. This is mostly seen early to mid flower when it catches up to growers. Its kinda deceiving because everything looks fine and ppl say I only feed this often or I don't need runoff then all if a sudden everything is not fine.

In coco if you watch the runoff its gives you a good idea of what's going on in the rootzone. Maybe not exactly but close enough to see which way its trending.
yeah i understand how that can be. I definitely dont want to be hit with any curveballs this grow. It has been going too smoothly the past few weeks. My plants have been so healthy and i've seen no deficiencies past 6 weeks after i fixed up my feeding schedule. I check everyday to be caught off guard by something how smoothly its been going.
My last grow i was hit with problems early into flower although it seemed to be nitrogen toxicity and they were autos so that might of had something to do with it.
Also i wouldnt say your nutrients are so cheap but maybe thats bc you arent using massive with every feeding. I'm using it at a rate of 10-12 ml's per gallon although in reality compared to some nutes ive bought i wouldnt consider it that expensive. I can get a 10 L bottle for around 130 USD

Madmax

Madmax

Yes mine is a gel so I premix it in some water before adding. But you always add silica first then ph down to aboit 6.5 before adding anything else to it. If you look back in the thread you can see how much it raises the PH I took pics showing my tap 6.3 and after silica was 9.3 so you need to PH after adding it so when you add the other nutrients they dont precipitate out and become unavailable to the plants.
Hi Aqua is that for soil (potting mix) to ph silica to 6.5 .if i was ph'ing the feed to say 5.6 in coco is better to ph the silica close to that.

cheers max

Last edited:
Odiesel

Odiesel

How water soluble is the 2 part megacrop? Currently I have a 5 gallon res that i take a gallon out at a time to feed the plants by hand, and trying to fully disolve the 1 part MC tends to be a pain in the ass. I need to water my damn plants i procrastinate too much lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

yeah i understand how that can be. I definitely dont want to be hit with any curveballs this grow. It has been going too smoothly the past few weeks. My plants have been so healthy and i've seen no deficiencies past 6 weeks after i fixed up my feeding schedule. I check everyday to be caught off guard by something how smoothly its been going.
My last grow i was hit with problems early into flower although it seemed to be nitrogen toxicity and they were autos so that might of had something to do with it.
Also i wouldnt say your nutrients are so cheap but maybe thats bc you arent using massive with every feeding. I'm using it at a rate of 10-12 ml's per gallon although in reality compared to some nutes ive bought i wouldnt consider it that expensive. I can get a 10 L bottle for around 130 USD
Yeah massive is crazy priced but I use dry ferts. Its like a little more than a pennies a gallon or close to.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi Aqua is that for soil (potting mix) to ph silica to 6.5 .if i was ph'ing the feed to say 5.6 in coco is better to ph the silica close to that...cheers max
Yeah as long as you are below 7after silica I would say. From there you can always adjust at the end and thats what I do. Most nutrients will drop the ph a bit depending on concentration. The 6.5 i recommended was only for getting to an appropriate ph to add other nutrients. Should always ph again last

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah massive is crazy priced but I use dry ferts. Its like a little more than a pennies a gallon or close to.
Im going to get some green planet in a couple grows.all the good things you guys are saying bout it and getting great results...you guys are like reps for the company..they would b loving it and it is cheap here..very suprising..

Pondracer

Pondracer

Funny Walleye are suppose to be a pain in the ass to find. I try and just fish salt water these days. I so wish I have another one of those 8 day long range trips planned. I would usually average about 500 pounds of fish to be processes. Wahoo, Yellowtail, Yellow Fin, Blue Fin and last but by no means Grouper. A few Derado as well!1!

You guys are killing me. I have a nice G3 with all the goodies thats been in storage since 2011, hasnt been on the lake since like '09.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How water soluble is the 2 part megacrop? Currently I have a 5 gallon res that i take a gallon out at a time to feed the plants by hand, and trying to fully disolve the 1 part MC tends to be a pain in the ass. I need to water my damn plants i procrastinate too much lol
This is my second res... I have noticed this time I do have some precipitate or diatoms possibly. I'm leaning to diatoms as its not gritty. The original v1 megacrop was great and I still have it. This is my first time see it. I have to revisit this after a couple res fills. I dont think its from the nutrients but I think I may test it on its own and see.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im going to get some green planet in a couple grows.all the good things you guys are saying bout it and getting great results...you guys are like reps for the company..they would b loving it and it is cheap here..very suprising..
The bottles not to much but the concentration is weak so you use a shit ton. 20ml a gal is the recommended dose.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Dizzy88 i see ya lurking bro. Long time no see, how shit going?

Pondracer

Pondracer

Yeah I'm in 1 gal and I feed 250ml per event. 1 seems to be ok right now but in late flower probably 5-6 times a day. I feed 5% of the pot volume as my nutrition solution then measure runoff and make sure I have 10-20% once I got below that i will increase the feeding frequency.

The 1 gallon pots freaked me out. How long will you veg? I'd like the smaller volume but I've never grown anything in a pot that small. Picked up my 65 gallon tank yesterday. Will probably add 2 more shortly. One for storage, one for feed in veg and one for feed in flower.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The 1 gallon pots freaked me out. How long will you veg? I'd like the smaller volume but I've never grown anything in a pot that small. Picked up my 65 gallon tank yesterday. Will probably add 2 more shortly. One for storage, one for feed in veg and one for feed in flower.
With the seeds hopefully 3-4weeks they mature. As soon as they are mature im flippin. They just gonna need a lot of feeding later on

Fudge

Fudge

For the triacontanol. 60ml total for 20 gal. Its recommended at 20ml per gal

Ive been looking at these as ive also been using massive, but only for the tria in small doses throughout flower to go long side my normal feed schedule. Do you think thyd be any good, and any idea on ratios to be adding as this stuff can really feck ur plants up if u dont know what ur doing cant they?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ive been looking at these as ive also been using massive, but only for the tria in small doses throughout flower to go long side my normal feed schedule. Do you think thyd be any good, and any idea on ratios to be adding as this stuff can really feck ur plants up if u dont know what ur doing cant they?
I dod look into a bit but I honestly have no idea on the doses. That is also the only reason I am using massive. There i something to how its diluted. If you search the forums you will find quite a bit of info it.

Fudge

Fudge

I dod look into a bit but I honestly have no idea on the doses. That is also the only reason I am using massive. There i something to how its diluted. If you search the forums you will find quite a bit of info it.
I'll leave that headache for later, I'm already in the middle of 4 harvests in nxt 4 weeks and moving over to dry/own mixed nutes is already taking up a lot of spare time, but if I find any good sources in the mean time I'll post it here nd let you know

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'll leave that headache for later, I'm already in the middle of 4 harvests in nxt 4 weeks and moving over to dry/own mixed nutes is already taking up a lot of spare time, but if I find any good sources in the mean time I'll post it here nd let you know
Thanks brother. Yeah you won't regret the price tag switching to dry ferts. Hydro buddy
is a great resource when mixing your own But I'm sure you know that already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom