Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldman13

Oldman13

So, for gnats in soil, you can do a few things. One, and probably the easiest, is put about 1 inch of sand on top of the dirt. Sand dries incredibly fast, and will prevent the larvae from ever reaching surface. Two is a nice top dressing of diatomaceous earth. The problem with DE is it's useless when it's wet. The third is to bottom water. The surface will not get saturated and the larvae tend to live in the top 2" of soil, so by it staying dry, you eliminate the problem.

Now, to using a moisture meter. Learn your pot weights. Saturate one and get familiar with its weight. You can even use a scale if it helps till you learn what feels right. Now, wait till a plant starts to droop -- look like what you have now. Pick it up, note the difference. When they get light, you water. Otherwise, you don't. Easiest and most reliable method of knowing when to water. I apply this technique to all container plants I grow, not just herb.
Yeah that's the one the one
So, for gnats in soil, you can do a few things. One, and probably the easiest, is put about 1 inch of sand on top of the dirt. Sand dries incredibly fast, and will prevent the larvae from ever reaching surface. Two is a nice top dressing of diatomaceous earth. The problem with DE is it's useless when it's wet. The third is to bottom water. The surface will not get saturated and the larvae tend to live in the top 2" of soil, so by it staying dry, you eliminate the problem.

Now, to using a moisture meter. Learn your pot weights. Saturate one and get familiar with its weight. You can even use a scale if it helps till you learn what feels right. Now, wait till a plant starts to droop -- look like what you have now. Pick it up, note the difference. When they get light, you water. Otherwise, you don't. Easiest and most reliable method of knowing when to water. I apply this technique to all container plants I grow, not just herb.
Diatomaceous earth yeah that's the word I was looking for I used to that and actually not send but it's a white glass I think they call it Nat Stone or something like that ... and I do use the weight factor of my plants as well and when I checked them after the manager said it was dry some of them actually did feel light and others in the medium Zone but I have screwed up that way in the past by thinking my plants needed water when they didn't from the weight... But you got to remember I had like 30 constantly having to pick them up all the time also man having to rearrange my plants all the time because of my limited space they were crowded

Oldman13

Oldman13

Yeah that's the one the one
Diatomaceous earth yeah that's the word I was looking for I used to that and actually not send but it's a white glass I think they call it Nat Stone or something like that ... and I do use the weight factor of my plants as well and when I checked them after the manager said it was dry some of them actually did feel light and others in the medium Zone but I have screwed up that way in the past by thinking my plants needed water when they didn't from the weight... But you got to remember I had like 30 constantly having to pick them up all the time also man having to rearrange my plants all the time because of my limited space they were crowded
But I see typo has escaped once again! Damn I had that guy all chained up very deep in the dungeon well I guess I'm going to have to go to the dungeon and find out how he escape this time sorry about the typos... And ever since I got rid of the gnats they never came back.. You don't know how badly I wish I would have had gnats instead of hemp russet mites though I can get rid of gnats.. But I had to kill all my young ladies because of those damn mites that I don't even know where I got them from so I'm scared to death they are going to return

Oldman13

Oldman13

But I see typo has escaped once again! Damn I had that guy all chained up very deep in the dungeon well I guess I'm going to have to go to the dungeon and find out how he escape this time sorry about the typos... And ever since I got rid of the gnats they never came back.. You don't know how badly I wish I would have had gnats instead of hemp russet mites though I can get rid of gnats.. But I had to kill all my young ladies because of those damn mites that I don't even know where I got them from so I'm scared to death they are going to return
Damn that typo oh, the last time he escaped he fooled me with a hologram I swear you just sitting there chained 2 the wall with 800 lb of lead wrapped around him as well basically all you can see was his stupid little bald head wiggling around. Which I used to Ricochet pellets off of,,, and a few minutes ago or at midnight and I was sitting in the veggie room in there talking to you guys the Lights Went Out what are second I was wondering like what the hell and then I went oh yeah there supposed to go off at midnight... I mean it was so dark I thought typo had locked me up in the dungeon

Oldman13

Oldman13

Damn that typo oh, the last time he escaped he fooled me with a hologram I swear you just sitting there chained 2 the wall with 800 lb of lead wrapped around him as well basically all you can see was his stupid little bald head wiggling around. Which I used to Ricochet pellets off of,,, and a few minutes ago or at midnight and I was sitting in the veggie room in there talking to you guys the Lights Went Out what are second I was wondering like what the hell and then I went oh yeah there supposed to go off at midnight... I mean it was so dark I thought typo had locked me up in the dungeon
okie dokie well it's like getting late I had to finish mixing up a little bit of coconut coir and Humboldt County Happy Frog soil it separates which now from the superfine Coco coir to the cocoa chips I think it will be better for aeration.. God I used to mix with this stuff together the caveman way... but not anymore, one day I had a dream now I use my cordless 18 volt drill oh my God we're difference I wouldn't say it halftime but it's more like a quarter of the time and a tenth of the energy Hallelujah okay. All right goodnight you guys... Enjoy what you can oh, and forget about the rest! I'll have to rearrange all my plants tomorrow LOL I don't have my caveman eyesight anymore otherwise I do it right now all right now take it easy actually take it anyway you can!

Oldman13

Oldman13

Those UV bug zappers work great too. Use Them at night. In 3 days, you’re clean.
Yeah okay with my luck the damn thing would consider me a bug and zap me
Capture 2021 02 23 14 32 54

Oldman13

Oldman13

Those UV bug zappers work great too. Use Them at night. In 3 days, you’re clean.
LOL hahaha, hahaha 3 days your Clean.., yeah with that just about any drug on the planet except for THC LOL THC goes cellular deep in your system... So what that means is you smoke a joint today and this other dude a hardcore drug addict that works at the same place you do does his speedball combination of heroin and crystal meth you both go in for your drug test 3 days later... and sure as shit he's as clean as a fucking Bell but not you you smoke a joint or a couple of bong loads so now you get fired and he you keep your job! Now you have to feed your family and pay your rent oh, and all he has to do is go find this connection to get another fix... The irony of it all!

Oldman13

Oldman13

LOL hahaha, hahaha 3 days your Clean.., yeah with that just about any drug on the planet except for THC LOL THC goes cellular deep in your system... So what that means is you smoke a joint today and this other dude a hardcore drug addict that works at the same place you do does his speedball combination of heroin and crystal meth you both go in for your drug test 3 days later... and sure as shit he's as clean as a fucking Bell but not you you smoke a joint or a couple of bong loads so now you get fired and he you keep your job! Now you have to feed your family and pay your rent oh, and all he has to do is go find this connection to get another fix... The irony of it all!
Welcome to America

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

3 weigh digital analyzer fertility, ph and temperature fertility is food.. as soon as I saw it starting to Yellow first aid kits for mites then I checked for pH and fertility / food according to my monitor my food is okay my pH is 6.5 / 6.2 on most of them and since cannabis prefers it a little acidic 6.5 is good IView attachment 1095014 believe

I find 6.5 ph is creeping a bit high for me, 6.2 -6.3 seems to be the best higher or lower I can see a bit of difference, so just take note of your PH and see if you see a difference in the ranges of it. go by what your eyes tell you

Oldman13

Oldman13

Wouldn't the light those zappers give off cause issues during lights off?
Hahaha LOL laughing my ass off damn if you got that many bugs being Zapped is that it actually creates sufficient amount of light that it creates hermaphrodites/ or stresses your plants so much that interrupts the photosynthesis/, I think you have a lot more problems and then you think you have and you could have! And you had better gut everything and start from scratch... I mean I personally wouldn't want to smoke ,.. smoke that has that amount of bugs in it LOL dawning of the arc welder

Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

I bought some neem meal and incorporated it in the top couple inches of my coco.

Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

okie dokie well it's like getting late I had to finish mixing up a little bit of coconut coir and Humboldt County Happy Frog soil it separates which now from the superfine Coco coir to the cocoa chips I think it will be better for aeration.. God I used to mix with this stuff together the caveman way... but not anymore, one day I had a dream now I use my cordless 18 volt drill oh my God we're difference I wouldn't say it halftime but it's more like a quarter of the time and a tenth of the energy Hallelujah okay. All right goodnight you guys... Enjoy what you can oh, and forget about the rest! I'll have to rearrange all my plants tomorrow LOL I don't have my caveman eyesight anymore otherwise I do it right now all right now take it easy actually take it anyway you can!

Don't know how much your mixing up but I use a concrete mixer.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I actually use a mixture of pure organic glycerin with trace amounts of saponin & Galactomannan Polysaccharide and it works excellent against any and all infestations, and/or fungal issues. I also have used trace amounts of citric, ascorbic and salicylic acids, they are good at dissolving eggs, killing larve. But make sure you spay the undersides of leaves, if your after mites. It kills in the root zone by simple application also, I've used it effectively against fungus knat's that were established, and it knocked them out quickly, no problems.

I also work on keeping things as dry as they should be, I fully saturate when I flush only, otherwise I just water what's appropriate for the individual plant, as tobh describes. I'm also starting to spray the outsides of the cloth air pots with my foliar sprayer to keep things nice and moist on the outsides, without overdoing anything.

Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

If I'm sprouting seeds in soil or if I was growing just 1 plant or 2 I'd bake the soil. Ive done it many times in the past when I'm going to pop seeds.
When it hits 180 in the middle of the soil your good to go. You will have no bugs. Just simply reintroduce beneficials and your good to go.

But you have a lot of plants like me thats out of the question. Ive just gone through 50 2cuft bags of coco and need way more so thats impractical to cook that much unless you had some kind of means to heat it that high with that amount of media

Oldman13

Oldman13

I figured I would smoke a bowl with somebody before I crash my Facebook🤪
Oh my God that's not what I said no, I didn't say nothing about crashing my Facebook!?? I crashed that years ago when I realized what it was all about there and I've never been back... what I said was I figured I would smoke a bowl somebody before I crashed...

Oldman13

Oldman13

Oh my God that's not what I said no, I didn't say nothing about crashing my Facebook!?? I crashed that years ago when I realized what it was all about there and I've never been back... what I said was I figured I would smoke a bowl somebody before I crashed...
So please excuse the typos my phone it seems to have a mind of its own... Yes my smartphone needs to go back to school and be punished by the dean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom