Archive Seeds "Light Speed".......

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

They are definitely coming around and looking better day to day........... I think everything is about to show explode the next 2 weeks or so. I'm getting closer to topping too, maybe another week or so.

Today I'll do a thorough watering and either tonight or tomorrow it's time for a wettable sulfur dusting.......I'll probably just spray it on (4 tablespoons per each gallon of water) this time and let it dry overnight. I'll do 3 of these sprays before the end of the first week of flowering- this should keep mites and any other little critters away for the entire grow as it's very effective if you're thorough.

sshz

sshz

For those contemplating doing a sulfur spray application, be aware your whole area is going to smell like sulfur. I left it on the plants for about 2 days, then washed the plants down with a clean water spray. I haven't been able to hang downstairs in the basement (like I normally do) as the smell has been so strong. Definitely made for the outside garden, indoors (LOL)- it's a nasal challenge.

I've never given this out before but the below site is one of the best for insect and disease info.......i.e. Russet Mites DON'T spin webs on your plants. If you have mites and no webs, you most likely have Russet Mites. I never knew that, here's the link to that info:

Bookmark it for future problems and issues......

sshz

sshz

Pic from this morning.......I'll be topping these in a day or two.

IMG 0024

sshz

sshz

I finally got around to starting some of those Dragon's Flame testers today. I chose the Dragon's Stash, his signature strain. Eventually for now I'll post occasionally about them until I start their thread.

The lineage of this is DFG Hard dick blues x treemans orange og sr71......these are F3's I believe.

sshz

sshz

Above pic from post #45 was from "green surfers" thread over RIU............

sshz

sshz

It's like the room exploded over night..........no more than 7-10 days til flowering I'm guessing. A bit of a smell early on too- no doubt from the "Light Speed", which others who are growing it have mentioned also.

IMG 0025

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Damn that was definitely some explosive growth since Saturday morning. Did you end up topping them? I can't tell from the picture. I wish you well with flowering brother! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

sshz

sshz

Thanks Stank........yes, I cut off the main grow shoot at either the 5th or 6th node, depending on how far along the plant was in development. This in turn dispurses the plant auxins, causing it to grow wider at this point. It will still elongate in flowering, how much has yet to be decided. I've also had to increase the Cal/Mag up to 10ml per gallon, as I'm seeing some leaf crinkling on most of them. This should be remedied after a few more waterings. Just watering with the Cal/Mag and Botanicare Pure Blend Pro (3-2-4) right now, no teas have been added yet. Everything pH'd to 6.2-6.3. Watering now every 2-3 days, lights are on between 16-18 hours a day

Also notice the LemonOG Haze X Cookies in the back are a bit taller, even though they were started later.

sshz

sshz

Day 29 since these were transplanted into this room.............not the fastest growers.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

It's like the room exploded over night..........no more than 7-10 days til flowering I'm guessing. A bit of a smell early on too- no doubt from the "Light Speed", which others who are growing it have mentioned also.

View attachment 955975
What's up with Waldo there 2nd row from the right? Is he younger or just a runt? I have one that was like that but finally took off.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Thanks Stank........yes, I cut off the main grow shoot at either the 5th or 6th node, depending on how far along the plant was in development. This in turn dispurses the plant auxins, causing it to grow wider at this point. It will still elongate in flowering, how much has yet to be decided. I've also had to increase the Cal/Mag up to 10ml per gallon, as I'm seeing some leaf crinkling on most of them. This should be remedied after a few more waterings. Just watering with the Cal/Mag and Botanicare Pure Blend Pro (3-2-4) right now, no teas have been added yet. Everything pH'd to 6.2-6.3. Watering now every 2-3 days, lights are on between 16-18 hours a day

Also notice the LemonOG Haze X Cookies in the back are a bit taller, even though they were started later.
I can still recall learning about auxins when I was little and thinking about how fascinating it was and how Mother Nature is truly incredible. Do you take cuttings of all of the plants that you run? Positive vibes...

~nugzz

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I can still recall learning about auxins when I was little and thinking about how fascinating it was and how Mother Nature is truly incredible. Do you take cuttings of all of the plants that you run? Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Never heard of auxins before... that's why I love this forum!

sshz

sshz

From a trusted source:

"Auxins promote stem elongation, inhibit growth of lateral buds (maintains apical dominance). They are produced in the stem, buds, and root tips. Example: Indole Acetic Acid (IA). Auxin is a plant hormone produced in the stem tip that promotes cell elongation."

The runt plant is a sad excuse for a plant........I've been closing to pulling it out of the room a couple of times. It started deformed from the beginning and has never caught up to the rest. I think I'll probably pull him out of there and put him in with the Dragon's Flame stuff, to give him more time to develop.

And yes, I have high hopes for the Light Speed so I think I'll pull some clones when I lolipop everything........and maybe just save 1-2 of the best plants after harvest to turn into a mother(s).. Too early to make those kind of decisions.

sshz

sshz

Tomorrow all the pots get 3 teaspoons of Mosquito Bits.........I just sprinkle it around the top of the Pro-mix and water as usual. This does a good job of killing any larva that may become fungus gnats, which has been a problem in the past. Not anymore.

IMG 1173

Dbear180

Dbear180

Tomorrow all the pots get 3 teaspoons of Mosquito Bits.........I just sprinkle it around the top of the Pro-mix and water as usual. This does a good job of killing any larva that may become gnats, which has been a problem in the past. Not anymore.

View attachment 956496

They only have the donuts where I've shopped, I have to grind them up into small pieces. Bits would make that easier for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom