Archive Seeds "Light Speed".......

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Just some final weights today.......I still expect to lose another 10-14 grams of water weight the next few days but the drying has slowed greatly.

Light Speed- I ended up with 30 oz, but I'm calling it at 29 oz total to allow some additional drying/curing. So with 15 of these plants, I ended up with just under 2 oz a plant- way better than I would have thought.

LemonOG Haze X Cookies- with only 9 plants, I ended up 22 oz while allowing some additional drying. That's slightly more than 2 1/2 oz per plant.

If you remember, I had the ozone burn well into flowering (overnight for 1 night) and many of the LemonOG plants suffered sun leaf curling so I probably hurt the overall weight in the end a bit.

One of my lower overall yields in quite a while.........I expected it with the Light Speed. I'll get to some pic's and a final smoke report on both strains over the weekend.

sshz

sshz

First pic up is the Lemon OG Haze X Cookies........this one turned out nicer than last time I did it as it's a bit more finished. Last crop went 73 days at 12/12. This one went 10/12 the last 3 weeks (or so) to help it finish.

IMG 0097

sshz

sshz

And the Light Speed............it probably could have gone another 5-7 days but I learned not to go too long with sativa's or you'll dilute the buzz. The breeder says 60-70 days, these went 63. Neither this picture or the above one does the strains any justice........ also, the Light Speed ended up more "green" in color.

IMG 0098

sshz

sshz

So, some final comments to close out the thread........... so I can concentrate on the Irie "Orange Gasm" LED thread.

This hopefully will be my last grow using HPS after many, many years. It was a relatively easy grow, other than the ozone misstep. I really don't think it affected things very much except some leaf curling. The Lemon OG Haze's were taller, no doubt because of the Haze influence.

The Light Speed has a stronger buzz, the Lemon OG Haze smells and tastes better. The Ethos Lemon OG Haze X Cookies were freebies and have never been sold- probably cause they are just not potent enough- at least for me. I will say I've never received a negative review or comment about it after growing some of it last crop too. The Light Speed is green in color, and has less dense buds. The Lemon OG is more brown with purple variations, and are bigger and denser. It's a nice yielder.

Archive Seeds uses this Moonbow #75 parent in a lot of their strains for a reason, people rave about it and it's crosses. Moonbow is a Zkittlez X DoSiDos hybrid. The other parent is Dosidos X Lemon Peel. What's different about it so far is it hits hard immediately. But the high crashes quickly, and then it's just a mild buzz for a few more hours. It hasn't "developed" yet....... both strains probably could have used 5 more days in flowering too for some growers, others this was just perfect.

Both strains have only been cut for 7-8 days so they have more drying to go- and both will get a lot better if given the time to cure for a few weeks or months. At no time did I smoke more than a 1-2 hits when sampling each strain either. 40+ years of smoking now limits me to gummies, other than a very quick smoke test when each strain is finished. I bet each of these will be plenty potent after 1/2 a joint or a couple pulls on the bong.

I also want to mention a bit about defoliation. Because of the leaf curing, I was forced to remove a lot of leaves- way more than I would normally under any circumstance. I was always taught you leave healthy leaves alone- they are little sugar factories. Well, they are but it's more important in flowering to get light to the buds for growth. It helped with my overall weight in the end- and I'm convinced it's beneficial. Late in veg or early in flowering, a solid defoliation is worth considering. Find Rasta Jeff's podcast on Youtube for a very thorough explanation and analysis. Just so you know, a deep defoliation filled 1/2 green trash bag- that's a lot of leaves off of 24 plants. Be prepared, it can be a pain in the ass going plant by plant.

Over 7K hits in this thread, thanks for following along. And thanks to those who regularly "liked" everything, I appreciate it.

sshz

sshz

I wanted to come back and review some comments from people that received both strains. I feel I'm not a good evaluator of any smoke anymore as I'm not really smoking.

The comments by others have been very positive, and to my surprise- I'm getting very positive reviews on the LemonOG Haze X Cookies. Last time I grew it, I felt it needed more time. This time I cut the light back to 10/14 with over 3 weeks to go and they definitely finished more completely than last time. Still, another 5-6 days wouldn't have hurt it.

The Light Speed but does not smell or taste as interesting as the LemonOG Haze, but the effects are instant and long lasting. The L.S. has more sativa in it, as it's probably 80/20 S/I. I am still able to sleep shortly after smoking it and can still feel it's affects 3-4 hours after a session.

Both strains were very stable, no seeds or male parts have been found by anyone. The overall weight could have been better, the L.S. is just an average yielder. A longer veg period (I went around 4 weeks) would have been more helpful in the long run. The LemonOG doesn't need any help- it's buds are large and dense, the L.S. tops are much smaller and a bit wispier.

I see a lot of reports of male parts on Archive stuff.......which is a bit worrisome. But I'd definitely like to try another Do Si Doe hybrid from them down the road.

Last edited:
the rrock

the rrock

Excellent growshow,good info for me as ive got the LS growing outdoors.GL with the orange-gasm

sshz

sshz

Rrock.......I think you’ll be really happy with it in the end, if you are looking for a straight up sativa. I still have a few oz of it in containers for making gummies and I opened one up and took a whiff while it continues to cure. Sticky shit for sure, it’s got an interesting smell that rings all the bells. It’s a nice item overall.

the rrock

the rrock

Rrock.......I think you’ll be really happy with it in the end, if you are looking for a straight up sativa. I still have a few oz of it in containers for making gummies and I opened one up and took a whiff while it continues to cure. Sticky shit for sure, it’s got an interesting smell that rings all the bells. It’s a nice item overall.
hi sshz yes my wife loves the sativas, again props for your growing journals. Especially all the little details that most leave out, I will let you know how things turn out, and be following discreetly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom