• Tagged users None

What do, /b/?

• Grow tent

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Modify current box

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get another box

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Make your own fucking tent you goddamn parasite.

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Wastinbait

Wastinbait

I am new to growing. I purchased a 4'x4' appollo for a reasonable price. I am big into diy but I cant imagine creating the amenities this thing has for the price I paid for it.
Makeing adjusments to ventilation is quick and easy.
Good luck whatever you decide...

racincain

racincain

Not trying to be different just sharing. I had 2 tents. 4x4 and 4x8. I found myself leaving doors open to control temp. So why have one I asked? Saved 4x4 incase I want to do clones one day. Neither one is in use. The 4x8 I sold is set up frame only to hang lights from. He removed covering after 2 months. I put eye hooks in ceiling with conduit, then metal shower curtain rings on conduit to hang from. Total freedom. No limits on space, and easy to tend to them. My pots are from Dollar Tree. Mop buckets with their oil pan under the bucket. Then I purchased 6in pvc pipe to go under bucket so it's suspended away from runoff. CHEAP bro. I started with soil. Now for 4 months I'm enjoying the ease of Hempy Bucket. I wish I knew this over a year ago. Have fun!

Wonderwaffle

Wonderwaffle

Not trying to be different just sharing. I had 2 tents. 4x4 and 4x8. I found myself leaving doors open to control temp. So why have one I asked? Saved 4x4 incase I want to do clones one day. Neither one is in use. The 4x8 I sold is set up frame only to hang lights from. He removed covering after 2 months. I put eye hooks in ceiling with conduit, then metal shower curtain rings on conduit to hang from. Total freedom. No limits on space, and easy to tend to them. My pots are from Dollar Tree. Mop buckets with their oil pan under the bucket. Then I purchased 6in pvc pipe to go under bucket so it's suspended away from runoff. CHEAP bro. I started with soil. Now for 4 months I'm enjoying the ease of Hempy Bucket. I wish I knew this over a year ago. Have fun!

You got pics?

mandalaman

mandalaman

After last season I've moved down from the attic and left behind a bunch of headaches there. I've purchased two 4x4x7 apollo tents and they've made things much easier. Both were around $110 or so. Very happy with them and when shopping don't discount how nice the arched zippers at the entrance are. I'd buy them again in a second, nice tents, with extra floor and all metal poles with metal supports for lights, filter or whatever. Not as strong as a Gorrilla but way less expensive.
+1 on the Apollo Love. I've had SJ,Gorilla and Apollo. I recommend apollo for what you've said is important to you.

Wonderwaffle

Wonderwaffle

Ended up buying a Milliard 36x36x73. Thing is bigger than a fucking fridge. Does the job though. Has metal frame and no light leak.

Funk junky

Funk junky

Hey guys, I'm on the fringe of purchasing a tent, but I'd like some opinions from the farm before I go for it.

Right now I'm rocking a cardboard box with aluminum foil lining it, and a few holes cut out for vent/air intake. I know for a fact that this is not 100% efficient in reflecting light, nor does it block light from coming in or out.
I could further modify this box to be more efficient, use another box altogether, buy a grow tent, OR salvage materials and create something nicer.

I'm all for diy work, but I don't know a damn thing about making my own tent.
What do you guys think? What have you used, and what would you have done differently?

Thanks for you input.
listen mate I use a tent love it and think that is best for you. but they are a compromise for a properly built growroom depends on your circumstances.

Funk junky

Funk junky

listen mate I use a tent love it and think that is best for you. but they are a compromise for a properly built growroom depends on your circumstances.
My thoughts exactly damn useful tents you can strip em down quick if things get sticky. But are definitely a compromise on a well made grow room. Dry wall room will serve you better 100%.
But I use a tent for convenience hope that helps

Funk junky

Funk junky

You need a tent for support and stability to hang stuff from among many other things. Get one that ok quality if you try building it may just fall over or be so difficult to move. Who da hell knows.
I started growing again once I’d said I’m not gonna grow in this house due to security.
That changed when I had to get something out of my boss’s van. I commented on the rvk fan an carbon filter I saw when I was collecting the power saw.
And was gifted a 140 x140 tent and the rvk and filter talk about twisting my arm.
Decided to switch to led for stealth. This was cheap tent Buddha box. For stealth I bought myself 6” hyperfan stealth, put the rvk and rhino filter to one side as shelf life was a concern they were 5” anyway and weren’t planning on headaches.
Got myself a mountain air unfortunately tent only had two support crossbars at top.
Had to improvise with metal bars the engineers at work use otherwise couldn’t hang my shit.
This tent weren’t man enough one night I knew my cornerpost was gonna snap in two. Panic in the disco (used to call the led my disco lights lol) damn had use curtain rail and duct tape to keep it upright.
Luckily managed to procure a lighthouse heavy duty delivered to my house plastered with stickers from my local furniture wholesale depot for stealth next day!
Very well made I have one of there lightweight versions too don’t bother buy well made.
I love my tent but if I knew I was never gonna get a knock would chuck it away for properly made grow room!
I would class tents in same way as I do feminised seeds I’m glad we have them but sometimes the old ways are best.

Top Bottom