Are Mars hydro ts 1000 led a good budget option?

• Thread starter Foster823
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Might depend on how you grow it this guy is using the Mars ts3000 and he doesn’t have the dimmer option
Well if you believe that pic that is awesome. maybe get a couple of the 3000 and get those results with say girl ScoutCookies are Ice Cream Cakes.

Anthem

Anthem

That's a great light, my buddy uses those interspersed with DEHPS.
I have heard about people fixtures and I believe you can gat a better product mixing the fixtures. TBH I like buds grown under HPS over LED but I just cannot afford the cost of the ac with HPS

Panhead59

Panhead59

Yeah but I'm a rookie !!! Also Had other issues. And the 600w was later on in the grow when i learned 300w wasn't going to cut it ! It'll be better next time. Live n learn..
Good to know the potential anyway !!!!!

Aaflexy

Aaflexy

Well if you believe that pic that is awesome. maybe get a couple of the 3000 and get those results with say girl ScoutCookies are Ice Cream Cakes.
I don’t think it’s awesome just think you’re bashing the light a little hard by calling it a pos lol but say what you want about the light I’m not part of the company so not trying to defend it lol

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i can understand hating it, his didnt work. no matter the reason the company failed in support. but seriously, they will all work about the same at that price point. if it is money, you are looking for meanwell driver and samsung diodes. the more the better (to a point) and make sure it has full spectrum. if you want the best, save your pennies, they are up there.

if you go spider farmer, the guy is here and can help with most things. they are solid and there is a discount code.

i assume you have landed on LED? my personal preference is several smaller lights than one big one. so if you start with a 150w (that is actual wattage not the "feels like" number), you can always add as you need. 150w will grow a plant! and a nice one at that!

Anthem

Anthem

I don’t think it’s awesome just think you’re bashing the light a little hard by calling it a pos lol but say what you want about the light I’m not part of the company so not trying to defend it lol
Ok here is the deal. I had a Mars Reflector series. I would use it to veg Moms and clones. It was a tank I tought. I never used it for flower, it was a Purple. So I needed some veg lights so I tried Mars again. The TS1000, picked up 2 well about 4 or 6 months later I am checking on my plants and one of the lights is just barely on. Like 10 percent of what the output should be. So I contact Mars and they ask for pictures so I send pictures. A couple days later they tell me the driver is out, well it took your Light Engineer to figure that out. Next they have to send the driver from China so like 2 1/2 weeks the driver arrives. No sooner do I get the new driver than the driver on the other light goes out. So now I have 2 TS1000's with bad drivers. When I reach out to Mars one more time stating the fixture is doing the same thing as the last one they want me to jump thru the same hoops full knowing they have issues with their drivers.

Aaflexy

Aaflexy

Ok here is the deal. I had a Mars Reflector series. I would use it to veg Moms and clones. It was a tank I tought. I never used it for flower, it was a Purple. So I needed some veg lights so I tried Mars again. The TS1000, picked up 2 well about 4 or 6 months later I am checking on my plants and one of the lights is just barely on. Like 10 percent of what the output should be. So I contact Mars and they ask for pictures so I send pictures. A couple days later they tell me the driver is out, well it took your Light Engineer to figure that out. Next they have to send the driver from China so like 2 1/2 weeks the driver arrives. No sooner do I get the new driver than the driver on the other light goes out. So now I have 2 TS1000's with bad drivers. When I reach out to Mars one more time stating the fixture is doing the same thing as the last one they want me to jump thru the same hoops full knowing they have issues with their drivers.
Yeah I heard there customer service is pretty bad lol I could see why you would call it a pos 😂 hopefully you found your go to light ‼️🤙

TheOrganicFarmer

TheOrganicFarmer

The prices of these 600w gavitas or your lumatec 600w, ur better buying 4 Mars hydro 1000 for 389 pounds for 600 w than 1700 pounds for the Same diods. Crazy the price of these leds

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Mars are a POS. I had 2 of those for veg several years ago and both went out within a month of each other
My tsl2000 yielded over 1 gram per watt dried and trimmed. I have had no issues with any item in the tent kit from them.

That said I've never had to use their customer service lol, which I've heard is horrible.

My next light will either be Mars, or hlg. Mars will be my budget option always due to quality of weed I grew.. But end game, when I can afford it lol.. Hlg for sure

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Maxisun mf2000 has mean well drivers and Samsung diodes. Also pretty budget friendly. I’ve been using them for a few weeks and don’t have any complaints. Dimmable with remote control and linkable. I think they were 180 on Amazon

F

frogyrogy

HLG if customer support is of any importance in your light buying decision. I have only contacted HLG support one time. I stripped one of the hanger screws for my Scorpion and emailed support about buying a replacement. I received a reply by the time I finished mowing the lawn . . . no order forms, ordering info or anything except a tracking number for the part I wanted and basically HLG's apology for my mistake. I've heard similar ever time I researched HLG Customer support. I own and use both HLG and Mars Hydro lamps . . . if the HLG has problems I'll contact support, if the Mars has problems I will replace it with an HLG lamp.

Anthem

Anthem

My tsl2000 yielded over 1 gram per watt dried and trimmed. I have had no issues with any item in the tent kit from them.

That said I've never had to use their customer service lol, which I've heard is horrible.

My next light will either be Mars, or hlg. Mars will be my budget option always due to quality of weed I grew.. But end game, when I can afford it lol.. Hlg for sure
How many grows have you completed with the light?

Anthem

Anthem

The prices of these 600w gavitas or your lumatec 600w, ur better buying 4 Mars hydro 1000 for 389 pounds for 600 w than 1700 pounds for the Same diods. Crazy the price of these leds
The Gavitas can be had for about 730 pounds in the US. But if you want to change out lights in the middle of flower you can have plenty of spares with the Mars equipment. Figure say buy 6 lights oh and stage them so you have more current sales recipients do you can use the warranty as long as possible. That would work. You will be taking a lot of picture and waiting days for customers service to get back to you. But if you have a lot of free time it would work and you can get 1 gram per watt or maybe 1 1/4

coherent

coherent

It'll work in a small tent and give acceptable results. If you can spend more and think you may be growing more plants or getting a larger tent go with a HLG or similar quality led light.

Top Bottom