Are my 5 week old plants stunted?

• Thread starter CassieMittens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CassieMittens

I have some plants started from seed 5 weeks ago and it appears they are quite stunted:( . I am a total newb and I need help. I have had them indoors on a windowsill in only potting soil. I have not added any ferts or anything else for that matter. Something is not right please help! I did just add some dolomite lime sprinkled on top of the soil just now hope this doesnt hurt? The lowest leaves on a few have turned yellow and same for a few of the lower leave tips. Any guidance is appreciated.. I am scared for my babies!

Are my 5 week old plants stunted
Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

I feel like they must've established some decent roots by now...

How do you feel about transplanting them into 1 gallon pots, letting them get roots for a few more days in their new homes, THEN putting em in the sunlight? just a thought!

philly kush

philly kush

Yo Cassie they dont look bad I agree with the rest of the crew put em in bigger pots n in the sun plus u gotta remember u started from seed so b patient they need a few weeks ta get situated before they start takin off.

vaporedout

vaporedout

let em dry out, then transplant em. remember

sun=fun

let your babies have fun :)

C

CassieMittens

so I brought dem babies outside in the sun. And then I came in. And then it poured down rain. Better luck tomorrow i hope.. thats the north west coast for ya :|

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

so I brought dem babies outside in the sun. And then I came in. And then it poured down rain. Better luck tomorrow i hope.. thats the north west coast for ya :|

I just transplanted 2 plants outside today, I had them growing for 3 weeks indoors. A few hours after I got home, it fucking poured for 30 min. I hate when that shit happens, I lost 5 plants last year from thunderstorms the day after I put them out, but this time they were alot bigger.

Your plants should do fine outdoors, they should have 6-8 weeks of veg and thats plenty of time for them to get big before they start flowering. Just make sure you put them in bigger pots or dig some holes to put them in. Good luck.

psilobuds

psilobuds

if conditions aren't optimal, they can be a bit slow. change those conditions and you'll see them take off.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

The window sill sucks, I've done it before and the plants are getting less than 20% of the total sunlight because they are not surrounded by light like outdoors. It's better than nothing, but you should get them out as soon as possible. Once they are outdoors they should thrive.

C

CassieMittens

Ok sooo at this point I put them outside and they dont seem to be doing much better, I put a few in a bigger pot a bout a week ago and that seemed to help a bit but they are still not very big. And of the 5 best ones i chose to put in big pots... my dog ate 3. I am serious about this grow as it is for medical reasons but it has become a disaster. Not to mention the weather has been non stop rain. Anyhow.. Is it too late to even bother trying to start more seeds for outdoor? Thanks :|

C

CassieMittens

I am actually embarrassed too add pics, but I will soon if necessary

socalval

socalval

I am actually embarrassed too add pics, but I will soon if necessary
dont be this is the farm new farmers and old farmers .This aint texas holdem put your cards on the table you will get all the help you need and a little you didnt .
May the force be with you !

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Ok sooo at this point I put them outside and they dont seem to be doing much better, I put a few in a bigger pot a bout a week ago and that seemed to help a bit but they are still not very big. And of the 5 best ones i chose to put in big pots... my dog ate 3. I am serious about this grow as it is for medical reasons but it has become a disaster. Not to mention the weather has been non stop rain. Anyhow.. Is it too late to even bother trying to start more seeds for outdoor? Thanks :|

If the weather is rainy and cloudy then you won't get great growth, just leave them out there and eventually it will get sunny then thats when they will begin to show improvement. Also, what type of soil are they in?? They need nutrients because they are over 6 weeks old. It's really late to put new seeds out now but you might be able to still get an ok harvest from the 2 remaining plants. Just give them nutrients twice a week and they should start to flower around the beginning of August. If you wanna put new seeds out you still have 5-6 weeks of outdoor veg time. If you can't grow indoors you should start some new seeds right now because if not then you gotta wait til next year to grow and the 2 plants you have now could possibly be males.

bobby

bobby

You need great lighting for growing. Why don't you go and spend $30 bucks on a T5 flourescent to get them started properly? Then after they've had a good start in life, they will be strong and healthy enough to withstand outside climates, rain, whatever...but getting a good healthy start makes a big difference.

Top Bottom