Are Nematodes Compatible With The Foliar Pack?

• Thread starter Fresh Starts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I'm interested in using predatory Nematodes as part of preventative maintenance but I'm not sure if Beauvaria bassiana (which is in the Foliar Pack) will target them. Any idea on compatibility between the two?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I used nematodes with foliar and it worked fine, I jthink hypoaspis mites are a better predator though way less temperamental and they eat everything but mature aphids

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
yes you may use nematodes. the foliar pack will do damage to harmful nematodes but not the good predatory species.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You have said the same about predatory mites Vs. the bad ones (Broad and Spider) when using the foliar pack and I'm just curious how this works.

Somehow the spores just know what host is a proper host. I don't know how exactly, but I will see if I can educate myself better. The last time I looked in to it... it got a little over my head.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Somehow the spores just know what host is a proper host. I don't know how exactly, but I will see if I can educate myself better. The last time I looked in to it... it got a little over my head.
Thanks for the timely response. I'm looking forward to the info you can glean about this topic.

Nematodes and Predator mites working in concert with the foliar pack sounds like the best organic preventative ever.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks for the timely response. I'm looking forward to the info you can glean about this topic.

Nematodes and Predator mites working in concert with the foliar pack sounds like the best organic preventative ever.

That's pretty much what I am doing now. Predator mites and nemasys, plus weekly root and foliar pack teas.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Do you notice any issues with predator mites on finished product?

No. I don't really worry about a few bugs. If you are smoking up a predator mite, I don't think it will harm you any more than plant matter. Besides, if you hang your plants upside down and dry them, all the mites will crawl up to the trunk to congregate and you can just wipe them off.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Didn't @Coir say that he's found that the predators move off the buds, leaving pretty much nothing behind? I could swear that he said he's scoped his buds, before during and after using predatory animules and that's what he observed. :)

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
They're like little red energizer bunnies--
they never stop movin'...

GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

I'm willing to bet it's sheer luck - ie that beneficial nematode/mite species just happen not to be species which are susceptible to the microbes in the packs.

Top Bottom