Are these beans worthy???

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

Yeah i think im going to grab some. Try to grab a few extras for the helping farmers LOL! :winking0067:

I think there worthy for sure! Especially with all your help and everything ive come across in the process

:) Thanks farmers :)

T

TreFarmer

Yeah i think im going to grab some. Try to grab a few extras for the helping farmers LOL! :winking0067:

I think there worthy for sure! Especially with all your help and everything ive come across in the process

:) Thanks farmers :)

Planted 9 forced flower Humboldt Kush (#2), that were done last year and 9 of the same kush but crossed (#1) with a male of the same genes. All 9 of the first kind are female and appear to be 2 phenos, the other in-line cross is half males and the phenos are all over the place. Though time will tell, I foresee no hermie problems. Males are important but, the added expense and room to produce these males could have been served better on the ladies. 21 males 75 females, 21-3 gallon pots = 3'x6' wasted space + light and how much $ on dirt and nutes? ( Femmed seeds rock! )

T

TreFarmer

light leak is force flower by way of stress though, does anyone want a plant that will force flower under stress? why use light leak? why not use a chemical agent to force a plant to produce pollen that wouldnt otherwise do so under any stress?

I am not a master farmer, but from my limited experience, most all MMJ will flower under stress. Some easier than others. I believe it to be a self-preservation mechanism. Even the most stable plants can be shocked hermie. It is more than likely the same hormone you are painting on for flowers. SO, with all respect, why not let the plant do it naturally rather than giving foreign hormones? (I am not saying either is the best method, just posing a different perspective)

johnursery

johnursery

the problem as i see it with using plants that naturally herm/force flower is your gunna promote the likely hood of finding these plants in subsequent generations, if your trying to grow seedless meds then these hermi/force flowering plants will be quite a nuissance at best...if your not worried about subsequent generations or growing seedless grass then it would seem to pose no big issues, but a breeders reputation can be ruined (rightly so IMO) from carrying a bunch of hermi prone gear...good luck on your beans pauly and sorry for the thread hijack

P

paulycali

No worries man

How about this one!!!!

I have a purple bubba OG Kush mother plant. I usually take 6 cuts from her and proceed to grow them out. Out of those 6 plants one of those plants usually throws a nanner. I've yet to find more than one nanner. So far everytime those seeds are grown out they have been 100% female and very close resemblence to the mother.

Just luck or what???

Seems the best and most stable strains seem to throw a nanner to keep the strain alive. What you farmers think about that??? Weird ha!!!

johnursery

johnursery

they may work great for you and if so congradulations.
some farmers may welcome beans like these but there are many that would be ticked if they find many herms that they didnt know would be lurking in the genes, i would caution letting people who may grow or spread these know especialy in this case where its happening all on its own without stress.
even 1 pollen sac can pollinate a plant even if for only a few seeds, the plant will stop focusing on flower and resin production and start focusing on developing the seeds and if it pollinates any plants next to it the same will happen and if your running staggered flowering stages or SOG type setup this could throw a real wrench in the mix.
maybe you only find 1 sac out of 6 clones but another growers climate could bring out the sacs in droves and also the subsequent generations could be more prone to this happening and severity of it wouldnt necessarily be the same as the mother when it does happen it could throw many more sacs.
in my eyes thats anything but stable, it may be potent and may produce no true males and if thats all your after than it could be great for you but for many it can be very troublesome

johnursery

johnursery

heres a quick post i looked up might help you out some

its from last year but if you go back even farther to before alot of companys were offering fem seeds you will find even more of a concensuss on the topic

Top Bottom