Are these beans worthy???

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

Whats up farmers!

Someone i know had some AlienOG plants from cali connection and he said they hermied from light leaks due to him leaving his growroom door open for two days. He now has lots of seeds

Are these seeds worthy?

Whats the Sex?

Thanks farmersc :)

M

MTM

I would not grow them,I believe they will also have hermi tendencies.Not worth the risk in my flower room,Ive had females ruined from morph pollen,my plants were pretty seedy and I threw the beans away

D

dagobaker

forced flowered hermies wont necessarily make hermied seeds
i accidently had a few nanners on an rks mom and so far 100% are females and no nanners
ive grown them full too and no issues
its the ones tha hermie from normal grow that have the tendencies

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
forced flowered hermies wont necessarily make hermied seeds
i accidently had a few nanners on an rks mom and so far 100% are females and no nanners
ive grown them full too and no issues
its the ones tha hermie from normal grow that have the tendencies

Absolutely! ^^^ If they were forced to flower I'd keep em'

fred

M

moodster

yes i grewout my m8s master kush that hermied 100% female LOL and better than his original seeds :harvest:

I

ibTheMan

Wasnt the original Chemdog 91 bag seed from herm? so that proves they could be great seeds.

C

Calicannabiseed

With so many choices out there why would you waste your time? I can see if you are in it just for fun then by all means go for it right. If you are a serious grower it is not a great choice to use these seeds. Im just sayin......:-)

supercharged

supercharged

Wasnt the original Chemdog 91 bag seed from herm? so that proves they could be great seeds.

i thought og kush was the same?
defo proves that they r worth growing out if u have the time an space to do so, maybe in a seperate flower room just to be on the safe side :)

homebrew420

homebrew420

I think so. seed created by accident like this are where we get a good proportion of the elites everybody wants, of this I am convinced. There is no guarantee on what may come up, so just be willing to throw out any that may push stamenate flowers. I too have grown out many seeds created from similar accidents and they have turn out great! Not to mention one got entered into the Colorado Cannabis cup, Accidental Magic. Never seen a male flower on her. They are free like you said.

Peace

I

ibTheMan

i keep some beans from my SuperLemonHaze that got hermied on by some Dank Ass(for ah herm) OG#18, seems like they would make some femie Lemon OG and other stuff.

X

xeet

Yeah man grow them.
Thats how my WappaOG came about and that thing is sick..
Better then the original wappa and it turns purple half way thru flower now.
A couple generations down and so far none of them have been herms.
I think there would be a difference in a forced/stressed hermie and a genetically growing hermie i.e a plant that never had a chance because it was growing as a hermie from get go (some feminized). I would think a stressed/forced herm that pollinates a regular female has less of a chance that the offspring would herm then a non stressed/non forced natural hermie that pollinates a regulat female?
I could be completely wrong, i havent read up any on the subject but that would aeem like the way it would go. But please correct me if im wrong!! i could very well be

Seems to me there would be no difference in a forced hermie and a stressed hermie.

X

joeca1i

joeca1i

Since he gots alot of seeds,thats not good..I trash them all.If he would've just got 10 or less,then it might be ok too growum out.Also its not 100% you'll get a female out of those 10 seeds.

johnursery

johnursery

i would trash them, if they popped enough nanners to produce a bunch of seeds then chances are they didnt need any or much stress to start popping out so many pollen sacs, and i believe the reason we keep seeing this issue so much is because some of our elites are based on hermie genes like some blues or sours...it used to be that it was mainly seen in thias but now its common in so many crosses and the first thing breeders blame it on is light leaks or stress, well if the breeder used plants that dont herm at the hint of stress or worse automatically then it wouldnt be so much of an issue in the community, sorry for the rant but this issue has been debated for years...IMO the best way to get fem seeds is find a breeder that only forces a plant to flower after its shown that it wont herm from interupted light, leaks or being rootbound, and if people also did this with reg seeds i believe in a few generations it wouldnt be the issue it is today. and if it persists i worry about how bad auto herms or light stress herms will become

P

paulycali

How about these beans????

He took the pollen from that hermie plant and hit his purple kush plant with the pollen.

He now has purple alien og kush seeds LOL!

You think those beans are any good????

johnursery

johnursery

light leak is force flower by way of stress though, does anyone want a plant that will force flower under stress? why use light leak? why not use a chemical agent to force a plant to produce pollen that wouldnt otherwise do so under any stress?

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
ahh for free pauly why not,there worth a run if you really want to give then a try( and have nothing else you wanted to pop) there is definitely the chance of finding some dank,but like others said your dealing with the same genetics,the hermi problem unless t really was environmental is now breed into those seeds,or the genes are prone to hermi with stress,good luck!!

Top Bottom