Are these par meters worth it

• Thread starter Skeggox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

When I worked at a hospital we did a study on UV lighting. In the old days it was standard to bring in special UV lighting for patience care and many rooms had dedicated UV fixtures mounted up high and indirect. It was used to kill some germs and such. What we found out is the UV lights of any type and build available at the time were basically worthless in 30 days running 8 hour light cycles daily. Hospital spent a huge amount of money on this study done with Phillips and in house.
Sounds right. The very nature of the short wavelengths like that are destructive.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When I worked at a hospital we did a study on UV lighting. In the old days it was standard to bring in special UV lighting for patience care and many rooms had dedicated UV fixtures mounted up high and indirect. It was used to kill some germs and such. What we found out is the UV lights of any type and build available at the time were basically worthless in 30 days running 8 hour light cycles daily. Hospital spent a huge amount of money on this study done with Phillips and in house.
Absolutely for our purpose though generally a few mins a day if UVB is enough. And the UV is usually UVC for sterilization… very nasty shit. I bet 10 sec exposure to those lights and you would kill a plant put next to them

Blastfact

Blastfact

I'm all for UVA and longer exposures and capitalizing on what small bit of it we get in our lights. But I don't want UVB at any level in my home or grows indoors. I've already seen to much UVB in my life from various activity's.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm all for UVA and longer exposures and capitalizing on what small bit of it we get in our lights. But I don't want UVB at any level in my home or grows indoors. I've already seen to much UVB in my life from various activity's.
Yeah cant fault anyone for that… needs to be treated with a healthy dose of respect and fear

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wow

In cannabis plants, THC levels are negatively affected by the presence of green light

Magagnini, G., Grassi, G., and Kotiranta, S. (2018). The effect of light spectrum on the morphology and cannabinoid content of Cannabis sativa L. Med. Cannabis Cannabinoids 1, 19–27. doi: 10.1159/000489030

Tons of interesting stuff in that study.
Taking some time to think about this i have seen more a few examples where blurples seem to produce a higher thc content and a bleached looking bud to a spectral stress… but now im rethinking this that it may be as you pointed out to a lack of spectrum since they have almost no green spectrum.

I would surmise that a full spectrum would be more beneficial to photosynthesis and therefore more beneficial until after stretch where the plants focus more energy into buds and hardly any into leaf development. At which point a change in spectrum to radically reduce the green spectrum may be extremely beneficial.

Im putting this in some notes… for some reason my gut is saying this may be more beneficial than is realized

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Taking some time to think about this i have seen more a few examples where blurples seem to produce a higher thc content and a bleached looking bud to a spectral stress… but now im rethinking this that it may be as you pointed out to a lack of spectrum since they have almost no green spectrum.

I would surmise that a full spectrum would be more beneficial to photosynthesis and therefore more beneficial until after stretch where the plants focus more energy into buds and hardly any into leaf development. At which point a change in spectrum to radically reduce the green spectrum may be extremely beneficial.

Im putting this in some notes… for some reason my gut is saying this may be more beneficial than is realized
I’m game to put it to the test with side by side clones and different spectrums and measure cannabinoids to see if true and what the sweet spot is. Gonna have to dust off that spectrum analyzer and see what these new lights are capable of.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m game to put it to the test with side by side clones and different spectrums and measure cannabinoids to see if true and what the sweet spot is. Gonna have to dust off that spectrum analyzer and see what these new lights are capable of.
Why do i get the feeling you live in the bat cave? Or are you the scientist in the minions?

Is there a gadget you dont own?

Blastfact

Blastfact

The hell with this shit. The way I see this thread Aqua and Moe came into this shit show of a thread that started with a good question and some great keystrokes but was derailing. Piss on all this shit! I want a new motorcycle!!!!! Period end of subject!!!! Fuck the grow!!!! While I like my 2018 Goldwing and it's the mother ship of the modern touring class bike I want a rat rod. I want to be the problem and bad public relations and not the solution. I don't want a 200+ mph sport bike anymore, there a dime a dozen. And I don't even want another FJR built and rocket. I want a Motard. I want a motorcross bike on street tires and full on insane and quicker than a rat on crank! In the old days we ran big bore two stroke motocross bikes updated for street use. Any of you young bulls out there bikers and got a screw lose? KTM, Husky, Duc, Aprilla or old school???? It's just weed,,, motorcycles are better!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The hell with this shit. The way I see this thread Aqua and Moe came into this shit show of a thread that started with a good question and some great keystrokes but was derailing. Piss on all this shit! I want a new motorcycle!!!!! Period end of subject!!!! Fuck the grow!!!! While I like my 2018 Goldwing and it's the mother ship of the modern touring class bike I want a rat rod. I want to be the problem and bad public relations and not the solution. I don't want a 200+ mph sport bike anymore, there a dime a dozen. And I don't even want another FJR built and rocket. I want a Motard. I want a motorcross bike on street tires and full on insane and quicker than a rat on crank! In the old days we ran big bore two stroke motocross bikes updated for street use. Any of you young bulls out there bikers and got a screw lose? KTM, Husky, Duc, Aprilla or old school???? It's just weed,,, motorcycles are better!

View attachment 1256314
Hmmm derailed? Im not quite sure what you mean. I was responding to the question of the thread on the topic of the thread as to why i feel you only need a meter that provides a constant and why. And another that simply asked why the meter was not picking a change in input.

Then questions arose from that on spectrum which you gave your opinion on and so did i which is quite relevant.

Or am I misunderstanding?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

View attachment 1256314

Hey sorry if I aided in derailing I honestly did not read the whole thread.

I’ll shut up after I say I wanted to love the new gold wing but that seat sucks balls. 2 hours max then you don’t want to get back on.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Hmmm derailed? Im not quite sure what you mean. I was responding to the question of the thread on the topic of the thread as to why i feel you only need a meter that provides a constant and why. And another that simply asked why the meter was not picking a change in input.

Then questions arose from that on spectrum which you gave your opinion on and so did i which is quite relevant.

Or am I misunderstanding?
No but a thread that was derailing was steered. I could have pm'ed you and Moe and said thank you. But you folks came in at the right time and bumped the thread around with quite keystrokes and then off into left field with a UFO class hypersonic right turn. And nobody got a public smack down. Just a tad bit of steering from some of the best mods I've ever seen. And as much as I hate this I date back to being a Fido.net node and locked down server trying to help growers in the olds when it could be a 20 to life time stretch in the BBS days. And I truly applaud our mod's and senior members. But fuck all of that I need a new motorcycle!!! I like my lude Wing wife taxi,,, but I need a new rat bike!!! And my motorcycles are more important than weed. #1 is 2A, #2 motorcycles, #3 is weed. And weed is in the slip to not being important as the isiots keep ruining it,,, IMHO..

Blastfact

Blastfact

I’ll shut up after I say I wanted to love the new gold wing but that seat sucks balls. 2 hours max then you don’t want to get back on.
Don't you ever shut up! We are blessed to have you here. Wife and I like the Wing saddle.... But I ride twisty's like Kenny Roberts in my dreams. So I'm very animated on a bike.....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No but a thread that was derailing was steered. I could have pm'ed you and Moe and said thank you. But you folks came in at the right time and bumped the thread around with quite keystrokes and then off into left field with a UFO class hypersonic right turn. And nobody got a public smack down. Just a tad bit of steering from some of the best mods I've ever seen. And as much as I hate this I date back to being a Fido.net node and locked down server trying to help growers in the olds when it could be a 20 to life time stretch in the BBS days. And I truly applaud our mod's and senior members. But fuck all of that I need a new motorcycle!!! I like my lude Wing wife taxi,,, but I need a new rat bike!!! And my motorcycles are more important than weed. #1 is 2A, #2 motorcycles, #3 is weed. And weed is in the slip to not being important as the isiots keep ruining it,,, IMHO..
Ok I misunderstood lol… im not always the greatest at interpreting text so figured only one way to know and thats ask.

Forum cant be all business… who doesnt like to have some off topic fun once in a while

freezeland2

freezeland2

Corbin are the cats meow

Blastfact

Blastfact

Ok I misunderstood lol… im not always the greatest at interpreting text so figured only one way to know and thats ask.

Forum cant be all business… who doesnt like to have some off topic fun once in a while
I don't think most if not almost all have any idea how good our mod's and admin are at this site. This is something special if just a touch. And it takes special people to pick a node of info and be honest about the selection,,, answer the question and also steer the thread that could go to disaster. Weed is weed,,, I want a new motorcycle on crank!!! See how poor I am at it... Thanks Aqua/Moe!!!

Blastfact

Blastfact

Corbin are the cats meow
I hate Corbins. I very rarely change OEM saddles out for aftermarket wallet robbing BS. I always change out Harley saddles for tallboys and I've changed out out sport bike/race bike saddles. But a Corbin on a modern bike is like a ass splitting medieval torture device to me and the wife.... I want a new rat bike!!! I'm sick and a major problem for society...

freezeland2

freezeland2

I hate Corbins. I very rarely change OEM saddles out for aftermarket wallet robbing BS. I always change out Harley saddles for tallboys and I've changed out out sport bike/race bike saddles. But a Corbin on a modern bike is like a ass splitting medieval torture device to me and the wife.... I want a new rat bike!!! I'm sick and a major problem for society...
Seat opinion for bikes are like all other opinions. Everyone has one. You wanna ride an uncomfortable seat, I have a tractor pan type seat on my Indian. It’s a fun bike for about an hour. My Road Glide has a LePera on it. I hate frigging stock seats and shocks on my Harley’s.

Top Bottom