Are these Ready to flip ?

• Thread starter benjones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

benjones

If your meter is reading out as a percentage, it’s reading relative humidity. Absolute humidity will generally be expressed as mass/volume, like grams/cubic meter. I would be surprised if that’s the case, but I get surprised daily. My gut is that it’s meter placement or just a questionable meter. I have had a few.

As a general comment, if you are struggling to keep your humidity under control in your space, you might consider elevating the temperature a couple degrees if you can without getting too far out of range. Warmer air with the same amount of moisture in it will have a lower relative humidity. Because it’s capacity to hold moisture is higher, its percentage of saturation will decrease as the air warms. I have used a few CFL‘s or other tricks to raise my temperature a couple degrees when I want to reduce my rh below what my environment wants to give me. Some times of the year, it’s just a challenge where my grow is located. If I am having any issues with humidity, I prefer it to be warmer anyway. My experience with moist and cool conditions has been very bad. A little too moist but warm and still within VPD, much better. Just my rambling two cents
i understand what you are saying now about raising the temperature to reduce the RH% .

would i be better off to raise the temperature in the room i get the fresh air from ?

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

i understand what you are saying now about raising the temperature to reduce the RH% .

would i be better off to raise the temperature in the room i get the fresh air from ?
I have done it both ways. Depending on the space, warming the room where intake air might comes from may be easier. The best way I have found to warm a grow room is supplemental lighting. Usually doesn’t hurt anyway. When I have done it, I used 2 cheap red-spectrum spiral CFL on a splitter hung from a work light fixture. CFLs only have an effective range of about 6–8” so you can hang them fairly high above the canopy if you want the heat but not any additional light. You can also drop them on to any space where you could use a little extra lighting. They do a pretty good job of warming a smaller space without drying out the air and changing other environmental variables.

B

benjones

i'll have to do a few tests and see how the AC reduces the RH compared to going a bit higher with the temperature @Fromunda506

thanks for replying

B

benjones

evening @Aqua Man @chemistry @Madmax @Goodshit97 @SSgrower and @ninjadip @Moshmen @Observationist @Lockebox @Fromunda506

coming up the end of week 7 flowering . some are far more ahead than others . some are still all white .

i think i had a calcium deficiency as some plants have a rusty colour along the edge of the leaves so i upped the cal mag .

is there a signal as to when you should start decreasing nutes ?

also , i have 1 plant which is by far the best out of the 20 seeds i did . i have cuttings forthe next run but didn't mark them ( my mistake ) .

can i cut a branch off that has a bud at the top of it and root it ?
2656E594 7E16 4514 ADDB CA7D106F704C
BB78186D BD14 4F89 8E2B 6BF2EB78C208
4275797B 68E1 4459 A90F 0E966E32990C
AA78B630 7CE1 49AF 85E7 D2F20445DEE0
F3ABC42F 8FA5 4948 874B A2F6947E806C
21738997 5F9A 4311 B3DC FE6EDDCCE00A

B

benjones

can i cut a branch off that has a bud at the top of it and root it ?

i mean a cutting from the bottom of the plant that has a bud at the end of it

B

benjones

evening @Aqua Man @chemistry @Madmax @Goodshit97 @SSgrower and @ninjadip @Moshmen @Observationist @Lockebox @Fromunda506

i am at the end of week 8 . some look like they are done, some have another week or 2 . i tried to get a close up camera shot of the trichomes colour using a 50x magnifier and my phone but it was always to blurry , should i go by percentage of hairs that have turned orange ?

i have some kind of deficiency or light burn . i've turned the lights down , but i have reduced nutrients to 0.6 EC so what ever defiiciency it is i am guessing it's to late to fix

thanks for looking in

Madmax

Madmax

You’ve done one heck of a good job Ben .yeah def 2 weeks max.personally I’d probably pull then in 7-10 days as long as those tricks are all milky.that’s your most potent.normally I go to around 10-20 amber as they fatten up swell a little more for max weight.I’m glad I’m not helping you trim 😂.even though it looks like an easy trim,there’s a hell of a lot there lol..

B

benjones

You’ve done one heck of a good job Ben .yeah def 2 weeks max.personally I’d probably pull then in 7-10 days as long as those tricks are all milky.that’s your most potent.normally I go to around 10-20 amber as they fatten up swell a little more for max weight.I’m glad I’m not helping you trim 😂.even though it looks like an easy trim,there’s a hell of a lot there lol..
Thanks very much @Madmax . That’s very kind words from yourself and I appreciate very much . Happy new year mate

B

benjones

Look at them colas man, Great job 👏 id have to agree with madmax. 2 weeks at most. Some in 7-10 days, trim jail for a month lmao.
Happy new year brother. 🎉
Thank you my friend
You have been very helpful in my return to growing , as has everyone I have tagged , and many more people that I have gained some knowledge from reading their threads . Happy new year bruh

B

benjones

afternoon @Aqua Man @chemistry @Madmax @Goodshit97 @SSgrower and @ninjadip @Moshmen @Observationist @Lockebox @Fromunda506

i chopped them down on saturday morning, so not much of an update . i can only get the temps down to about 21c , humidity for the first 2 days was 40%-45% , i have a humidifier coming hopefully in the next day or 2 . for now i am trying to boil pans of water to raise humidity which raises it by 10% 😕

i am trying to re-veg the best plant , any tips on what i should do would be much appreciated .

many thanks to everyone that replied to my questions on this and other threads i have started . you have all been a massive help 🙏

D8DFBB00 B801 49E0 BB5A D5CACDD120F4
A6E65D43 A395 4FF2 B72F DB2E6383CC98
D47ADDF7 EA31 41DD B93C CD0B30385322
6AF811C7 6EC8 485A 95B6 6342A1916898
5F1FFF89 A48E 4642 BBC4 C842CBD6D4BC
Madmax

Madmax

She’s done 😍..the extra leaves left should help them a little.that temps not too bad.I’d have quite a few containers that hold a pound dry just in case it drys too quickly you can cut branches off the stem a ft or so long and just lay them in container till it moistens up then just take lid of for a bit.you could do this for a week till you think it’s dry enough.it’s just an example.one way you can slow it down .I’ve got like 6 containers and cardboard boxes for when my environment isn’t ideal.I even have a big screen I can wet trim and cut buds straight off to dry.they turn out hard nugs on the screen.yours will b nice and firm too with the leaves around the buds while they dry…

B

benjones

She’s done 😍..the extra leaves left should help them a little.that temps not too bad.I’d have quite a few containers that hold a pound dry just in case it drys too quickly you can cut branches off the stem a ft or so long and just lay them in container till it moistens up then just take lid of for a bit.you could do this for a week till you think it’s dry enough.it’s just an example.one way you can slow it down .I’ve got like 6 containers and cardboard boxes for when my environment isn’t ideal.I even have a big screen I can wet trim and cut buds straight off to dry.they turn out hard nugs on the screen.yours will b nice and firm too with the leaves around the buds while they dry…
Thanks @Madmax thats a great idea . Would it be ok to put them in black plastic bags and leave it slightly open ?

Top Bottom