Are They Ready For Harvest? First Grow

• Thread starter Splifdubious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Splifdubious

So this is my first grow. They have been in flower for 9 weeks today.
I have been giving them nothing but water for 10 days as of now. I still see a lot of white hairs and i know that isnt a sure sign of ripening.
I have a 30x scope and i think the trics are cloudy, i dont know for sure. About a week ago the og or the biggest bud bearing plant started to get new growth. About 3 weeks ago my lucky charms doubled in size as well. That is the second biggest bud bearing plant. The first 4 pics are my lucky charms the ones with the smallest buds. The next 6 pics are of my other lucky charms the ine with the second biggest buds. The rest are of my skywalker og. Please let me know if younthink i should harvest. Thank you nick.

Are they ready for harvest first grow
Are they ready for harvest first grow 2
Are they ready for harvest first grow 3
Are they ready for harvest first grow 4
Are they ready for harvest first grow 5
Are they ready for harvest first grow 6
Are they ready for harvest first grow 7
Are they ready for harvest first grow 8
Are they ready for harvest first grow 9
Are they ready for harvest first grow 10
Are they ready for harvest first grow 11
Are they ready for harvest first grow 12
Are they ready for harvest first grow 13
Are they ready for harvest first grow 14
Are they ready for harvest first grow 15
Are they ready for harvest first grow 16
Bannacis

Bannacis

A lot of foxtails there... usually a sign of going past peak ripeness...
The Lucky charms is sativa dominant, so 9 weeks and some is about right.
The skywalker og is Indica dominant so 8-9 weeks for them.
Then depending on medium... some strains finish earlier with hydro or aero.

S

Splifdubious

Thank you for your replys. Last week my og looked good swollen Calyx hairs retracting. Then it just started foxtailing. I thought it might be hot in there so i turned my fan back on. Id say its about 65-70 in there with the fan on. Maybe 80 without it. However i noticed that its happening uniformly around the while plant and that made me think it could be genetic. Should i guve the og some time to harden or should i cut em? Thanks nick

Smerb

Smerb

The og doesn't foxtail if conditions are right on. If them trichomes are good cut em.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Looks as if it is wanting to regenerate by the Foxtailing it was probly ready 2 weeks ago I would pull it up and hang to dry it's the heat stress that sends them Foxtailing to help with heat stress incorporate some SeaSol in yor feed , anyway good luck keep us posted .

S

Splifdubious

Thank you all so much. A few weeks ago they were ready it just wasnt 9 weeks yet. I will for sure keep you posted ill check em out tonight when the lights come on

Bannacis

Bannacis

Temps maybe 80 without fan??? Doesn't sound like a heat problem.
but do look like they be past pickin.

S

Splifdubious

Temps maybe 80 without fan??? Doesn't sound like a heat problem.
but do look like they be past pickin.
Yesir its like 70 in my apartment.
So id imagine 8 54w t5 bulbs wont raise the temps more than 10 degrees.
Im going to harvest tomorrow night. Ill post pictures of everything. Thank you again for the advice.

B

Bogart Tasty

I go by pistils. When the white ones are few and far between it's time. I see a lot of white still. I would think about giving a tiny bit more time let them harden up

Bannacis

Bannacis

Some plants that go past its peak period can throw out new pistils. kinda like re veging but it's pistils and new bud leaf.
I had a plant 50/50 S/I...finished about 8 1/2 weeks. Took it to 12 weeks... It got mega foxtails and the buds turned blocky.
Blocky as in looking squared, weird growth pattern emerged. End results not so good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom