Are we there yet? Brother's Grimm/Irie grow

• Thread starter mysticepipedon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Wow bro looking great. How strong is the smell on the new Cinderella. My uncle.grew the Cinderella 99 years ago it was his favorite strain to.grow,but damn you could smell it from a country block away. To stinky for my space.he has since passed I always think of him when I see a cut of it.nominated it for p.o.t.m. hope you win..great job.
The scent is nothing a carbon filter can't handle. It is no longer the classic pineapple scent. It's a general fruity scent. They do sell a version that has the pineapple scent, but I didn't get that one. He seems to have made it because people missed the scent, so I figure the Cinderella XX is the direction he's going now.

I never grew the original C99, but many crosses with C99 as a parent. It seems like it was in almost everything for a while.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The chopping has begun. To my surprise, one of The Rhombus girls had some amber calyx trichs. This one matured so quickly. The Cinderella XX girl that I thought would be first is still putting on weight.

Here's her basic structure. She was supercropped once.
IMG 7531

Buds are not huge, but they are pretty. Scent is sweet fruit with a funk in the background.
IMG 7532

She's already stinking up the house. Better get some Ona.
IMG 7540

The clock will be striking midnight for one of the Cinderellas next, but it will likely be a week.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I believe I have a handle on the different phenos of The Convergence, if having 6 females gives me the right to say that. Both parents are polyhybrids, so who knows? But so far (at 8 weeks, 2 days) there are three, and I'm guessing a little:

1. Arise-leaning phenos
2. Jack the Ripper-leaning phenos
3. The happy medium phenos.

I never grew JTR, so I'm guessing a bit on that one.

First, the Arise-leaners. Arise is a solid hybrid, maybe slightly to the sativa side, 55-60%. The buds are chunkier. They started out smelling of pine, then lemon came through and they have a sort of lemon/pine cleaner scent.
IMG 7547

This is the "main cola." These would have been rather tall, but were super cropped twice. The side branches ended up taller than the main cola.

Here are a few of the club-like side branches.
IMG 7551

IMG 7552

The ones that lean toward Jack the Ripper have main colas that remind me of the main colas of the European bred hazes I used to grow about 10 or 15 years ago. The bud structure is not my favorite. Kind of taily, if you've grown them. They can still kick ass, but I just don't get solid nuggets out of them.
JTRleaner1

JTRLeaner2

The scent of these was "dryer sheets" until a few days ago, when a light lemon scent started developing. These look like they'll go over 11 weeks to finish.

And of course my two happy mediums. They both started off smelling very similar to the Arise-leaners. They still smell similar, but with more lemon and less pine. Bud structure seems to be between the two.
Happy medium1

Happy medium 2

I pretty much know anything with a lot of limonene in it will be a hit with me, so I am really looking forward to trying the Arise-leaners and the happy mediums. It will be interesting to see if I enjoy the dryer sheet weed, or if it will still be dryer sheet weed when all is said and done.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The first Cinderella plant met the Grim Clippers a few days ago. I was expecting another plant to be done, and this one streaked ahead of it to the finish line. Here's what she looked like, after living in a crowed tent all her life. She was super cropped once.
IMG 7563

The stake was put in a minute before the pic was taken, because she suddenly started leaning without the support of her sisters in the tent.

A bud closeup:
CindyXXCu

This is the "main cola," but when you super crop, some side branch buds can get almost the same size.
IMG 7564

IMG 7568

IMG 7569 copy

I was looking at one of The Convergence girls this morning, shocked to see a few amber trichs on bracts, even though she still pops white stigmas here and there. Since it is 4/20, I should probably take it as a sign from god and chop it tonight. It will have gone 9 weeks and a day.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Another plant met a tragic end. This time it was The Convergence #1. I had warned her about getting too close to the garden clippers, but I failed to warn her about the dry wall saw that I pulled out of my toolbox when I couldn't find my clippers. (She hid them, I'm convinced.)

Here are her last moments. You know, before the screaming. She has the potential to be a serious producer.
IMG 7577

Stems are pretty strong, but she spread out as the buds get heavier.

She was super cropped on her main stem twice, to keep the central stalk from getting closer to the light than I wanted her to get.
IMG 7578

Her side branches ended up an inch or two taller than the main stalk.

IMG 7581CU

Even though she was producing amber, she was still putting out new growth. in her buds.

This is one of the two Arise-leaning phenos. The other Arise-leaning plant that I have will be chopped today. She's got a touch of amber and she popped a couple of nanners. She looks to be slightly smaller than this one, but frostier. Scent is slightly more heavenly, as well.
IMG 7583

There will likely be a gap of at least a week after I chop this next one. The rest of them look like 11 to 13 weekers.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I am harvesting my gg6 & bruce banner and see a few nanners myself. Are feminized seeds prone to nanners at harvest time?? I am worried something is wrong that I am neglecting or miss noticing. Any response is welcome, I am ready to do a complete bleach down,heavy! SSgrower testing the KS 3000

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I am harvesting my gg6 & bruce banner and see a few nanners myself. Are feminized seeds prone to nanners at harvest time?? I am worried something is wrong that I am neglecting or miss noticing. Any response is welcome, I am ready to do a complete bleach down,heavy! SSgrower testing the KS 3000
Only time ive had nanners is with ILGM seeds.

Check for light leaks?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

In recent years, like the last 10, fems seem to be no more prone to producing male flowers than regulars.

I don't consider a nanner, when the trichs are turning amber, to be a flaw. It's a common thing for plants at the end of their lives, when they haven't produced seeds.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There's been some chopping since my last post.

Another of the Arise-leaning Convergence girls was chopped, along with another Cinderella XX and the last Rhombus. There are still 4 Convergence girls, a Saka Souffle and a Cinderella XX growing, at the 12 week mark. Two are likely coming down in another day or so. I'm going to give the other four 13 weeks, maybe a 14th week, but then again, maybe not.

Here's the Saka Souffle gal that was cut. She wasn't ready, IMO, but she started popping nanners in multiple buds at 11 weeks.

She's sturdy.
Saka Souffle 1

Main cola:
IMG 7619

close-up:
IMG 7617 cu

IMG 7618

The jury is still out on this strain. Her sister will likely be chopped tomorrow. She's a great, social, 50/50 hybrid, but I don't know if I want to watch for nanners all the time.

And here's a pretty little Cinderella XX:
IMG 7601 1

I'm looking forward to smoke reports. The Convergence girls I've tried, so far, are powerful, all-in-the-head types with lemon-pine scents and flavors. Some of the others now smell like rubber -- like you just opened a can of tennis balls. We'll see what they're like after a cure.

Paleosoul

Paleosoul

There's been some chopping since my last post.

Another of the Arise-leaning Convergence girls was chopped, along with another Cinderella XX and the last Rhombus. There are still 4 Convergence girls, a Saka Souffle and a Cinderella XX growing, at the 12 week mark. Two are likely coming down in another day or so. I'm going to give the other four 13 weeks, maybe a 14th week, but then again, maybe not.

Here's the Saka Souffle gal that was cut. She wasn't ready, IMO, but she started popping nanners in multiple buds at 11 weeks.

She's sturdy.
View attachment 1978753

Main cola:
View attachment 1978754
close-up:
View attachment 1978755
View attachment 1978756

The jury is still out on this strain. Her sister will likely be chopped tomorrow. She's a great, social, 50/50 hybrid, but I don't know if I want to watch for nanners all the time.

And here's a pretty little Cinderella XX:
View attachment 1978758

I'm looking forward to smoke reports. The Convergence girls I've tried, so far, are powerful, all-in-the-head types with lemon-pine scents and flavors. Some of the others now smell like rubber -- like you just opened a can of tennis balls. We'll see what they're like after a cure.
Have you had a chance to try the Saka Souffle yet? I love the Biscotti parent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom