Are we there yet? Brother's Grimm/Irie grow

• Thread starter mysticepipedon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

So what do you think? Another week?
Are we there yet brothers grimmirie grow

Now that my wife considers me retired (I only work 5 days a week now), I have time to save myself from dispensary weed again. No dispensary in my area seems to ever have high intensity sativa doms, or if they do it's gone in a couple of days, so a few Irie strains and the updated "Cinderella 99 XX"will (I hope) fulfill my heart racing needs.

Aside from three C99 XX, there are a few new-to-me Irie strains:
The Convergence (Arise x Jack The Ripper F2) [9 regular seeds]
The Rhombus (Chemdog #4 x Afterglow) [2 fems]
Saka Souffle (Biscotti x Arise) [4 regular seeds]

C99 XX and The Convergence will hopefully serve as my energetic varieties. The Rhombus and Saka Souffle will hopefully serve for calmer endeavors. I've heard The Rhombus buzz is active mind/couchlocked body, but those two don't go together for me. If weed sparks my brain, I'm going to be active.

Any sativa dom lover who has not tried Arise needs to try Arise, and find out why I'd try anything crossed to it. It's amazing stuff.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m in for this ride! Just so happens I got a couple Cindy’s from the brothers going right now prolly 3/4 weeks in and then a few more in 8” nursery pots only bout 2 weeks in

Haven’t ever ran anything Irie , but seen some nice grows ! Looking forward to the arise.

0A6A5729 2377 4BDB 8525 CDE56F293A19
1D025636 F564 4C9F A566 4924C0D86D20
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

So far, all is well. They've stuffed my little 3 x 3.
IMG 7412

Transplanted yesterday morning, all look well today, except for one. The two single lower leaves had signs of pH fluctuation.

Ran out of soil completely. Most of these went into Roots "original." A couple got Lush, when I ran out of the other. We'll see if there's any difference.

im just going to sit in the back of the bus and enjoy this ride. Arise is fire! cant wait to see what her crosses do.​

The one crossed to Jack The Ripper should be particularly fun.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The gang -- several females have revealed themselves, plus a couple of boys.
IMG 7416

I should have used flash.

You can see that when I transplanted them last, I ran out of fresh soil and reused some. A couple have some pH fluctuation signs on their leaves (you can probably see that one in the back, to the right).

I was expecting the tall one in the front row, middle, to be a male, for sure. It's a girl. The girls are showing faster than the boys, so far. None of the 5 fem plants have a preflower at all. So far, one male was chopped a few minutes ago. Another kind of looks male. Another 5 are females -- all of them are The Convergence. The two males (or one definite, one likely) are both Saka Souffle plants (the Biscotti cross).

Up-potting tomorrow! My favorite local grow shop, which carried Lush soil, went out of business. I'm going to use plain old, regular Roots potting soil. And that's what is says on the bag, too: "Plain, Old, Regular." Or maybe it says "Original," not sure.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

And a couple of weeks later...
IMG 7422

Everybody's happy. The male/female count came out like this:
The Convergence: 6 girls, 3 boys
Saka Souffle: 2 girls, 2 boys
Then there are 3 fem Cinderella 99 XX and 2 fem Wombats.

All told, it will be an overstuffed tent. 12 plants is pushing it for a 5' x 5', so 13 plants.

Since my local source for Lush soil went out of biz, I am trying a locally mixed soil with the catchy name, "Great Lakes Water Only." The two girls in the black pots up front were transplanted into it Tuesday and Wednesday. They didn't freak out. This new soil is way overpriced. I doubt I'll get it again.

I'll finish the transplant this weekend and flip a few days later. A couple are already 18", and the stretch on some of these is about 3X, so the clock is ticking. I will have to be a little extreme in trimming side branches to keep these gals from interfering with each other.

There will be little button buds on these bitches the next time I post.

Moshmen

Moshmen

How does she smell? I've heard it doesn't have the strong pineapple terps of the original. Not that it's a deal-breaker for me, or anything. Just curious.
I don’t really have a good sniffer anymore and I grow like you 5/6 strains at time so can’t really say for sure , but yeah I don’t have that strong pineapple smell - couple more days of drying and I’ll have the wife stick her nose in there ! Lol

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

And a couple of weeks later...
View attachment 1329319

Everybody's happy. The male/female count came out like this:
The Convergence: 6 girls, 3 boys
Saka Souffle: 2 girls, 2 boys
Then there are 3 fem Cinderella 99 XX and 2 fem Wombats.

All told, it will be an overstuffed tent. 12 plants is pushing it for a 5' x 5', so 13 plants.

Since my local source for Lush soil went out of biz, I am trying a locally mixed soil with the catchy name, "Great Lakes Water Only." The two girls in the black pots up front were transplanted into it Tuesday and Wednesday. They didn't freak out. This new soil is way overpriced. I doubt I'll get it again.

I'll finish the transplant this weekend and flip a few days later. A couple are already 18", and the stretch on some of these is about 3X, so the clock is ticking. I will have to be a little extreme in trimming side branches to keep these gals from interfering with each other.

There will be little button buds on these bitches the next time I post.
Nice light ya got there.

steamroller

steamroller

Nice light ya got there.
Was going to ask how do you have your light set?
That is the light with the right bells and whistles I beleive... 🤔
You never gave us all your accurate growing information.
The light is for real, how long have you had it[ other grows?] and how are you using it[ settings].
Plants look good man.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Nice light ya got there.
I was looking at it for a year, but there was no way I was spending that much. Then I got an email that it was $400 off at one of the lighting places I've used, and I lost my shit.

I love it, never had so much control, but within days, I was thinking of improvements -- like maybe a separate timer for the far red diodes. I have a separate far red LED bar, but there is not much place to hang it with the Raging Kush in the way.

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Was going to ask how do you have your light set?
That is the light with the right bells and whistles I beleive... 🤔
You never gave us all your accurate growing information.
The light is for real, how long have you had it[ other grows?] and how are you using it[ settings].
Plants look good man.
It's new. This is the first grow with it. They were started under a Mars Hydro. You might notice the pics from Jan. 2 and 15 are under a slightly different colored light.

It's on the default veg "recipe." I've been increasing intensity slowly and it's up to 63% right now, I think. I intend to use the default flower setting, unless I hear a reason to try something else.

Some of these could be stretchers, so if adding more blue would help that, I might. But I assume I will be able to regulate height by squashing a few stems.

I had a 600W HLG in that tent. The evenness of the light distribution is so superior with the RK, I doubt I'll ever get anything but a bar-type fixture in the future. The quantum board arrangement on the newer HLGs might be as good, but I kind of doubt it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom