• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still not sick, have not turned into a zombie, and i got stung by a wasp the other day :\

Other then that business as usual :D

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Havent taken any "flu" vaccines since 2007 when I was offered one and I got sick 4 times in one year (totally unheard of for me normally btw) so I immediately started avoiding free flu vaccines. been very very healthy since.

K

knucklehead bob

My first time at the V A this year the nurse asked me if I'd had my flu shot , I said "fuck no" . He asked if I wanted one , I said"fuck no" , he says "good man".

My last flu shot in 1977 put me out of commission for a week !

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Im good now thanks @Seamaiden but i'll consider that if it ever happens again :D

winta

winta

Me, my wife and kids won't be getting any shots this year my mom makes a tea that helps prevent flu and many other things :)

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Vaccines and water sports? Hide your children

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
resurrection of the flu shot threads. Didn't the "experts" say this years flu shot was the wrong strain? again. ;)

Theres more then 1 flu virus floating around.. but yes one of them has mutated and was not included in last years vac. because if you read cg's link the flu shot takes like 4 months time to prepare so its an educated guess as to what strains should be included in the shot each year.

The cdc went on to explaine that while one virus has mutated theres no reason not to get the shot as it will protect you from other strains ect ect ect, rtfa ;)

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

my .02 - i never believed in the flu shot nor have received one in years. Although i did get my first one this year. The reason being was because of the flu i got last year. I caught "influenza A" and it almost killed me. I was sick for 2 weeks and felt the aftermath for almost 2 months. it attacked my respiratory system to which i couldn't catch my breath. i couldnt speak a full sentence without breathing heavy to catch my breath. I never understood how people die from the flu, but last year, i would wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air. i was borderline about to call 911 multiple times, it was really the scariest feeling ive felt in a long time. My lungs were lined with mucus that i couldnt cough up, preventing a good amount of oxygen from entering my body. i have never been that sick in my life nor would ever want to be again. Besides getting a flu shot, the next alternative would be moving away from civilization... anyways, hope none of yall catch the flu
sküna

putembk

putembk

I ain't getting a flu shot....same old story every year....it doesn't work. Haven't had the flu in decades and won't get a needle stuck in my arm unless I absolutely have to.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
my .02 - i never believed in the flu shot nor have received one in years. Although i did get my first one this year. The reason being was because of the flu i got last year. I caught "influenza A" and it almost killed me. I was sick for 2 weeks and felt the aftermath for almost 2 months. it attacked my respiratory system to which i couldn't catch my breath. i couldnt speak a full sentence without breathing heavy to catch my breath. I never understood how people die from the flu, but last year, i would wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air. i was borderline about to call 911 multiple times, it was really the scariest feeling ive felt in a long time. My lungs were lined with mucus that i couldnt cough up, preventing a good amount of oxygen from entering my body. i have never been that sick in my life nor would ever want to be again. Besides getting a flu shot, the next alternative would be moving away from civilization... anyways, hope none of yall catch the flu
sküna
Wow, I'm very glad you recovered. Would you say you've recovered fully? What you describe is what I recall reading about the Spanish Flu of '18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom