Arnold to explain his marijuana stance on Wednesday

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Arnold to explain his marijuana stance on Wednesday

Sure, we know that Guv Schwarzenegger wants to start a debate about legalizing marijuana. But does the Guv -- an on-screen spliff-sucker back in the day -- think that cannabis should be legalized, taxed, sold and consumed by adults? Just like Tom Ammiano said -- but doesn't have a lot of Sacramento support for yet.

The answer could come shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday when the Guv has agreed to answer questions posted on Digg, the online news site where the readers vote on which stories should be at the top of the queue. CNN will deliver the questions.

Now, we know that among their charms, stoners -- ahem, Cannabis Patriots -- have become geniuses at e-ballot box stuffing. Remember, when the Obama crowd called for questions from unwashed online masses during the transition period? And then again, when the O became president? Yup, dope legalization questions were near the top of both lists. And to his credit, The O answered the question, albeit not to the delight of the sticky-icky crowd.

NORML czar Allen St. Pierre just whispered to the Politics Blog that he wouldn't be suprised if another legalization question is near the top of Wednesday's list. In fact, it's already the No. 2 most popular question. But Allen has posted another more pointed one, which he asks the Green Bud Nation to rally behind:

Earlier this month, you said, 'I think it's time for a debate (regarding taxing and regulating the sale of cannabis for adults).' You made this statement in response to a recent Field poll showing that a majority of California voters support such a policy. When and where will this debate take place, and what steps will you take to assure that this topic is addressed in an open and objective forum."

Gov, what say you?

"I think he has already answered those questions," his spokesman Jeff Macedo told us. "If Californians really feel that this is something they want, then we should be talking about it."

But PERSONALLY, how does the gov feel about blunt-blowing? "Anything the governor answers, he's answering as the governor of California," Macedo said. And he doesn't think harvesting dope taxes is the answer to the state's money woes. As for St. Pierre's more detailed question, Macedo didn't know details of how the state's doob debate will be conducted.

Well that stomps on our buzz.

Oh, we almost forgot. The No. 1 Digg question so far: "What were you thinking right here?"

http://invalid.com/image/aappeaabp.jpg

Our caption entry: "Being here makes me want to think about legalizing dope."

S

StonedOwl

I think he's imagining kicking Bush's ass. Conan style!

I know that's what first popped into my head.

Conan, the Bush stomper.....if only he was still doing movies, right?

G

ganjatarian

Schwarzenneger was the one who signed off and allowed the National Guard to come into CA and illegally bust Eddy's Medicinal Gardens at the hight of the Bush Administration. I believe Arnie will just play what ever card he thinks will keep him in office. Which is quite baffling since I hear he doesn't even collect a state pay check and he governs out of the goodness of his heart....Ya Right!

B

Beeronymous

the reason ahnold looks like that?

look who hes looking at.

my face would look like that too.

I

in the air

you cant trust Arnold his father was one of Hitlers SS soldiers. Arnolds mom is a politician in Austria and she is married to another ex nazi SS soldiers. For those that dont know the SS was hitlers elite soldiers!! Apple don't fall far from tree!!!

ITA

T

Train 2 Bangkok

Since Ahnold's ballot initiatives all failed last Tuesday, the state is facing an even steeper budget crisis. This might be the perfect time to legalize, regulate, and tax it because all of the politicians in Sacramento are scrambling to find ways to increase revenue.

I

ismokepot

Arnold, the pot-smokin weight-lifting Nazi who's a Gov. of our largest state. Only in America!

A

Alekiboy

Arnold's Responses to the Marijuana question and other Digg questions

S

StonedOwl

At least he's calling for debate on the subject. Say what ya will about the guy, at least he wants to talk about it. You know any debate he is in will get national......hell, worldwide coverage, and I think the pro-regulation camp has most of the evidence on their side.

When all the facts are known I hope the world makes a sensible choice.

P

punkadc

"Cough" "cough" Third largest state. "cough" "cough "cough"

Anyone have a ricola?

cough cough.. california is the largest state in the US ... cough ... based on ... cough ... population, not...cough cough...geographical size...cough cough cough....

man theres a gnarly chest flu goin around.... cough

sour power

sour power

cough cough.. california is the largest state in the US ... cough ... based on ... cough ... population, not...cough cough...geographical size...cough cough cough....

man theres a gnarly chest flu goin around.... cough

cough...cough stop passing the swine flu...cough..cough.. lol.cali most def is highest..cough..in cough...cough population

TheGodson

TheGodson

you cant trust Arnold his father was one of Hitlers SS soldiers. Arnolds mom is a politician in Austria and she is married to another ex nazi SS soldiers. For those that dont know the SS was hitlers elite soldiers!! Apple don't fall far from tree!!!

ITA

Thats hillarious. when I was growing up in Germany it always tripped me out how his last name is Schwarzenegger. His name has been slightly AMericanized but phonetically his name is Schwartze-Negger- in english this means Black Nigger. So the whole SS thing and all, and his mom is a real funny but IN YO FACE coincidence. I always wondered why my mom never told me that even though she was fluent too.

Top Bottom