Asked 3 sites got 3 different answers

• Thread starter Rdub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Things are looking much better overall. The yellowing leaves are pretty typical for flowering plants that aren't being force fed tons of nutrients. Plants store energy for flowering in the larger leaves and roots, drawing on them as they produce the buds and seeds. I've always been a proponent for using less nutrients than most growers, which is just he way I was taught and haven't had any nutrient related problems for 30+ years. I try to provide what they require, but not in such high doses.
In any event, the plants are looking good... keep up the good work!

Migrower

Migrower

It may be leaf septoria,those are the right conditions and symptoms

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Personally I wouldn't cut the nutrients any more. I find a nice light green finish works best for me not quite yellow but not a healthy grass green either works best for yields and flavor IME. I'm guessing your night temps are a bit lower and that will being out the colors such as the purple your seeing.

TLDR: think you went a little shy on nutrients to soon but they look good and less is always better than more. Also agree probably 3 weeks more.

The plant on the lower right seems like it may be overwatering? It's smaller may not need the same as the others. The color on it is about where I like to be starting last week but that just me.

Rdub

Rdub

A week later and here we are. Consensus still for 2 weeks out? I’m starting to get anxious about what the right time is. I really don’t want to fuck this up by harvesting to early or to late. ✌️ and ❤️ . Under 30x magnification I only see very very few trichomes that might be amber? Could just be a shadow

539605C1 9193 46D7 97FA D58EA2E6C097
7FB3DBE0 BD8F 4A3F B0C2 0C1077362ADE
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

A week later and here we are. Consensus still for 2 weeks out? I’m starting to get anxious about what the right time is. I really don’t want to fuck this up by harvesting to early or to late. ✌️ and ❤️ . Under 30x magnification I only see very very few trichomes that might be amber? Could just be a shadow
Only one way to really tell. Harvest a flower dry it out and give it a try. I've been puffing homegrown for 3 months. It's all good at this point. 😉

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This opens up a lot of space for conjecture, as a ton of growers, notably newer ones, tend to flood their plants in oceans of Cal-Mag and other nutrients, not to mention the pre loaded fortified soils which are chalkfull o goodies. My question, aside from the Ph raising abilities of Cal Mag carbonate versions also causeing nutrient lockout with the higher Ph (and causing issues with magnesium absorption/usage), are you saying that the phosphorus is locked out from the Ph rise, or from a direct reaction between the Calcium and the Phosphorus... or are we talking about the same beast from different perspectives (as in the Ph rise is a result of the Ca/P reaction instead of the Ph rise coming solely from the Ca actions)? This could help to explain the rash of Phosphorus looking problems when some folks are using a bunch of Cal-Mag... I guess the form of the Calcium ( Calcium carbonate vs nitrate?) could really cause issues that aren't consistent with regular Ca Mg additives.
It's a very interesting issue that might help explain some of the mysterious issues that seem to pop up for no good reason. I'm minimalist and don't have any problems, thankfully, but I also just enjoyed my evening routine and my mind is in the mood for thinking... must have been a Sativa!

It is the physical size of the calcium ions. They are the largest ions. Phosphorous is next largest. It is not usually ph swings that cause lockout but actual buildup on the roots and in the medium blocking uptake.

Thats why the ph returns to normal after leaching with fresh water. The buffers in the soil are stronger than the acidity of the nutes and peat. And when plants eat the ph rises too. But they cant with too much excess nutrients.

I believe i have all this right. Someone please correct me if i am wrong.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’m am using kool bloom as my pk booster you recommend not using it? Mixing order is armor si, calmag, micro, grow, bloom. I think next week I’ll be cutting out the grow entirely

My opinion is too much pk. I would run some fresh water through like you said. But i never use that much just a standard 20% runoff then i would feed a light to medium dose of grow ratio only.

That should green up those leaves some for a strong finish.

I stopped using bloom and pk bottles and got measurably better results. Just have to taper of the strength during ripening when the plant doesnt use much anymore.

They dont just use less nitrogen after peak bloom. They use less of everything. The more pk is a myth used to sell pot growers more crap they dont need.

Funny. Both dynagrow and advanced have tests proving the nutrient profile doesnt change much through the full cycle and both still sell unneeded pk boosters.

Rdub

Rdub

My opinion is too much pk. I would run some fresh water through like you said. But i never use that much just a standard 20% runoff then i would feed a light to medium dose of grow ratio only.

That should green up those leaves some for a strong finish.

I stopped using bloom and pk bottles and got measurably better results. Just have to taper of the strength during ripening when the plant doesnt use much anymore.

They dont just use less nitrogen after peak bloom. They use less of everything. The more pk is a myth used to sell pot growers more crap they dont need.

Funny. Both dynagrow and advanced have tests proving the nutrient profile doesnt change much through the full cycle and both still sell unneeded pk boosters.
After the flush I used the Lucas formula for a week then said fuck it and started using megacrop with 1/4 tsp/g cal mag. It’s seems to be doing the trick. I had mega crop laying around and planned on using it for my next grow anyway so I thought might as well. So far I like it and I am even more set on it for next round. I’ll do a journal next round

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

After the flush I used the Lucas formula for a week then said fuck it and started using megacrop with 1/4 tsp/g cal mag. It’s seems to be doing the trick. I had mega crop laying around and planned on using it for my next grow anyway so I thought might as well. So far I like it and I am even more set on it for next round. I’ll do a journal next round

Shouldnt need cal mag with megacrop. Has plenty along with too many additives in my opinion.

I do have a sample of it but have not tried.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thinking about buying 2 of these for the trim. Money isn’t an issue and I don’t have lots of time for diy. Anyone used this or something similar. Pros and cons? ✌ and ❤

I use the illuminati trim trays. I love dry trimming on a screened tray. I have jars of mixed kief from many different plants. I sprinke some on bong tokes for an amazing full effect.

Just found this vid of the tray.

Rdub

Rdub

I plan on using
Shouldnt need cal mag with megacrop. Has plenty along with too many additives in my opinion.

I do have a sample of it but have not tried.
I may just go with straight megacrop and foliar feed cal mag if necessary. I’m doing coco + ro water so I worry that megacrop might not have enough . We will see though

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I plan on using
I may just go with straight megacrop and foliar feed cal mag if necessary. I’m doing coco + ro water so I worry that megacrop might not have enough . We will see though

Ahh. You are right. I inderstand coco can hold and lock up calcium so extra may be needed.

I never used it before so if i gave any advice that is wrong for coco i apologize. Im sure a coco grower will chime in and correct any mistakes.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
A week later and here we are. Consensus still for 2 weeks out? I’m starting to get anxious about what the right time is. I really don’t want to fuck this up by harvesting to early or to late. ✌ and ❤ . Under 30x magnification I only see very very few trichomes that might be amber? Could just be a shadow
It is getting close, but I usually look for the start of odd looking, single lobed leaves that appear as the beginnnings of foxtailing begin. This works well for Sativas, but not as accuratly as Indica, which looks like what you have going. In my opinion, when the plants are done flowering, they begin to look haggard and the buds start to get pointy at the tips. There really isn't any one sign that a plant is done flowering. Although there is a lot of talk about overly finished buds having less THC because of oxidation and growing too long, the actual amount of loss is measurable but only using a fairly sensitive test. Toking is not a scientific method for determining THC ratios, even though it is fun to try!
The bottom line, at least for me is that it is better to go too long than to go too short. Newer growers often wail in despair when their big, fat fresh bud dries up to a larfy dried bud simply because it looked big and fat, but was pretty small in actuality when the water is removed and the bud shrinks to nothing. I have shorted more than one grow when I thought that the buds were massive and ready for harvest, only to find that they weren't really all that beefy once the water was removed. If you let them finish until they have no more to give, you will never short yourself and the flavor really seems to increase at the very end. All of this is my opinion based on my experience. I could be wrong, so don't take this as gospel, only my own version of reality.

Rdub

Rdub

Wednesday update: plants are still plugging along. Spotted a very few amber trichs on one plant. Another plant is quite a ways behind however due to my set up they all have to get chopped at the same time since I’m drying in the tent. I’m thinking I’ll be chopping in a week and a half on not this weekend but next. ✌️ and ❤️

A17D9E41 CFBF 4107 8B6E 30C76F52C89F
6A6C6F0F 7B3B 41E6 92B3 C2E7833A443E
AB069A13 DCF9 462D 96E8 8FC387A9C2F3
4D453914 F89C 423A 978D 84B5E21F162D
3D44CA75 7969 443F A37F 0AF3A1E070BA
FFF06C74 ADE1 4ADA 9065 8CEDB203B236
91D2CED4 C7F5 4840 B7A3 A30143AC8A83
58ED52B8 059D 44DC A3D4 4CC0294879F1
BloodShot

BloodShot

Wednesday update: plants are still plugging along. Spotted a very few amber trichs on one plant. Another plant is quite a ways behind however due to my set up they all have to get chopped at the same time since I’m drying in the tent. I’m thinking I’ll be chopping in a week and a half on not this weekend but next. ✌ and ❤
So, what's your opinion on the auto pots?
Coming along nice, you may want to be sure and clean out the bases of the pots before flushing depending on what you are using for nutrients etc.
I noticed while using them that I had some build up of some plant food particles "looks like wood ash" on the bottoms that I would have rather not had there.
I also noticed the auto pots with reservoir in same room keep humidity high and fortunately I decided to cut a week earlier than I had planned because after drying I noticed a bit of mold in my White Voodoo tops. Not all of them, and it was only beginning luckily but this is a first for me and I contribute it to the increased moisture just from running the auto pots,and I knew I should have added an extra fan.. but it was a great run and my first with the auto pots so it can only improve from here on out.

Rdub

Rdub

I’ve like the ease of use but I had a few problems along the way that I attribute partially to them. I plan on using them for my next grow however. I won’t be scrogging next round which will make it much easier to flush if I run into overfed or ph problems. I feel like I have a better feeding strategy for my next grow as well. Haven’t noticed any humidity issues . I’ve been running a 60 pint de humidifier all flower though. Once my furnace kicks on it gets dry dry dryyyy, so I may end up actually needing a humidifier all grow. We will see. ✌️ and ❤️

Latest posts

Top Bottom