Asked 3 sites got 3 different answers

• Thread starter Rdub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
IMHO, Nutes is Nutes. Growing in Promix and using Jack's 20-20-20 makes me sound like a Neanderthal compared to Einstein from the sounds of it. I just can't see why folks are having such problems when using these designer nutrient packages when great results can be had with very inexpensive alternatives. It seems the "industry" is pushing us to equate quality with difficulty, or that you can't grow well unless you have the latest and greatest electronics and week by week designer programs that cost more than the end products.

L

LeHerber

did you see the pics? I wouldn’t call it “failure” just some preference the grower had question on. Honesty after looking at it further I believe it’s the fact it’s a LED grown plant. They always look weird with bad color in my opinion. But those buds look totally smokeable and yield doesn’t look half bad. And the nutes thing, yea, poopie works if you know what your doing

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yea that’s my point. Something easier to use instead of trying to figure out how to use flora. Super outdated super chemical in my opinion. Why not use miracle gro? Same company

It literally has the exact same "super chemicals" that every other bottle of nutes has on the shelf at the hydro shop. So much so half the nute companies copied it. A lot cheaper to run then most other lines also. Hell I've used micro with other companies nutes to patch problems and not buy their addition 5 bottles they want u to buy since they don't make complete nute lines. Then u get into stuff like Floranova grow which is 1 bottle for veg all the way through flower. We aren't even talking about how PH stable 3 part is in rezs compared to other bottle nutes and companies.

I would never use liquid nutes in a grow ever again in my life but if I did 3 part would be the only one I would actually ever spend money on.

A little of that is my opinion but most of that is strait up facts.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

did you see the pics? I wouldn’t call it “failure” just some preference the grower had question on. Honesty after looking at it further I believe it’s the fact it’s a LED grown plant. They always look weird with bad color in my opinion. But those buds look totally smokeable and yield doesn’t look half bad. And the nutes thing, yea, poopie works if you know what your doing
I'm just curious what you attribute this to in terms of LED having poor color andd what do you mean by weird looking? Those pretty generalized statements and usually when people make statements that are generalized it's because they either have a bias opinion or don't have valid info to support their claims. Just my opinion.

Is it the IR content, spectrum, intensity, Etc.

These are LED.

IMG 20190612 173443
IMG 20190626 210429
Rdub

Rdub

Some of those older nutes just require a little bit more experience to use and it’s easier to point someone in the direction of a newer more comprehensive product than it is to teach someone how to use something from the 80s. They work fine if you understand what you doing with them but if your already running into deficiency and lockout situations maybe a more straightforward user friendly item is for you. Especially if you do t have to buy it by the 55 gal drum
I couldn’t agree more . I definitely over complicated my nutes. Something I won’t be doing next grow

Rdub

Rdub

I'm just curious what you attribute this to in terms of LED having poor color andd what do you mean by weird looking? Those pretty generalized statements and usually when people make statements that are generalized it's because they either have a bias opinion or don't have valid info to support their claims. Just my opinion.

These are LED.
I agree. I don’t believe my led has anything to do with the way the leaves look. It’s definitely been a nutrient problem throughout.

L

LeHerber

These are LED.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I am on the fence about LED lights, but not that one is more superior to the other, simply that it DOES change the way that plants grow, slightly. This is only my opinion, but LED grown plants seem to be more uniform and with a thicker/fuller canopy, but not as heavy under the canopy or on side growth. I think that LEDs are the way of the future, even though I prefer HID lighting myself. Again, in my opinion, LED grown buds are more uniform and might have better bag appeal than outdoor or HID grown buds, but as far as potency goes, or taste, I don't really see much difference. I don't really see ANY difference between a well dialed in HID or a well dialed in LED setup, once they are working at their optimum.
Keep in mind that this is simply my opinion and certainly not based on anything that would be close to be considered "scientific". Just my opinion on Sunday morning, before the football games start!

L

LeHerber

If it works for you fine. I’m not bored enough to argue about this. I just never had Any results that I liked enough to go out and buy led. Sure, you have a tiny tent or closet I’m sure it’s fine. I’m an electrician so hid and wiring doesn’t scare me. A 240 hid is still a better deal to me. But If all you have is a wall socket I see the led appeal

L

LeHerber

Mono spectrum per diode. Compact wavelength of light emission, diodes that aren’t replaceable. The list goes on. Like super expensive sub par technology cool. It works I agree. There’s just better in my opinion

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Mono spectrum per diode. Compact wavelength of light emission, diodes that aren’t replaceable. The list goes on. Like super expensive sub par technology cool. It works I agree. There’s just better in my opinion
Lol what does an electrician and wiring have to do with it?

Subpar how?
Bs on the wave length? Do pick and choose when you are saying the most expensive LEDs then compare to the cheap garbage LEDs .

What the hell does 240v or 120v change in terms of light? you get better efficiency out of 240v and that why people use it but nothing campard to led. C'mon stop grasping at straws here man.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Certainly everyone has an opinion on led vs hid. Let’s not get bogged down in this discussion. I propose, on a lighter note, that we all guess dry weight. 🙊🙉🙈
Your right im gonna drop it. Just hate when people are like I'm an electrician so that validates my statement.

Ok done on that issue

L

LeHerber

You asked. But yea. I’m not here to debate with Aquaman. If you aqua man would like to further debate this civil you can message me here.
How many people do you know claiming electrician? That’s weird

Rdub

Rdub

Well it’s harvest day. Busy busy day. I’ve been taking some pictures along the way but I’m on a real time crunch so I’ll go through them in a day or 2. I’ve got all the flower removed from the plants and trimmed about 1/3 of it but I have to call it quits for the day. Been taking lots longer than I thought. Can I leave the untrimmed buds laying on top of each other in a storage tote overnight or is this gonna cause problems. Currently the storage tote is in the tent with the trimmed and hanging buds. ✌️ and ❤️ Here’s one pic for ya

8B2BCC47 2944 4AD0 ABFD E8BD2E5362E4

Latest posts

Top Bottom