At least a hundred buds - but all tiny! Help!

• Thread starter AthelR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Im nearly certain guys that this is NOT a Nitrate issue. I do not think this is Nitrate burn stunting this plant. There is literally just one burnt tip on only one leaf but it happens to be front and center in the main picture. Everyones eyes are being drawn to that one single burnt leaf tip. Notice that every single leaf tip if perfectly fine except for that ONE that is brown. If this was Nitrate burn the leaves would all be dark green and there would be a burn on every single leaf tip. Pinch off that burnt tip and retake the pics so everyone stops saying that! LOL

View attachment 1069665
Look closer - that is the one damaged leaf true but all leaves have darker green at the ends with a slight yellow burn tiny tip - perfect for me. Not toxic but pushed to much may cause a lock out so in my opinion this cAt is on the right track ! He has a plan and following thru hopefully we will get some updated pics soon

AthelR

AthelR

Im nearly certain guys that this is NOT a Nitrate issue. I do not think this is Nitrate burn stunting this plant. There is literally just one burnt tip on only one leaf but it happens to be front and center in the main picture. Everyones eyes are being drawn to that one single burnt leaf tip. Notice that every single leaf tip if perfectly fine except for that ONE that is brown. If this was Nitrate burn the leaves would all be dark green and there would be a burn on every single leaf tip. Pinch off that burnt tip and retake the pics so everyone stops saying that! LOL

View attachment 1069665
Very observant. The one brown leaf touched the lamp at one point and got heat burn.

AthelR

AthelR

Very observant. The one brown leaf touched the lamp at one point and got heat burn.
Update, there are two or three leaf fronds with brown tips. We’ve stopped nitrogen nutrient. Might use PK... we’ve got some comfrey rotted down which I’ve heard is good.

AthelR

AthelR

Hi guys. What do you think of this? I’ve put the lamp right down into the plant. Nothing is touching and all the buds are getting light.
I’m going to try switching to 12/12 light and see if that triggers the buds getting going. I can see that a second gen seed might no longer be fully auto. Hopefully the short ‘day’ will trigger flowering.

0E1CCC5D D2D0 4BE6 90A0 E5716F0E00FA
AthelR

AthelR

I've never grown an auto myself, but I was reading the thread of a guy who breeds his own autos (on another forum), and he says it's a recessive trait. So it is very likely that it's got photo period tendencies. This plant kind of looks like the clone of a female plant that is just bursting to go into flower.

The plant looks healthy. Looks like a touch of nute burn and a touch too much N in the first pic, but you can just adjust the next time you feed.
Hi Mysticepipedon! I missed your comment on Saturday. We’re going to try 12/12. I can see that the self-germinated seeds (perhaps just 1 in 4, anyway) might throw up the recessive gene. The buds have been there two weeks at least doing nothing! So here’s goes. Thanks for your comment!

Top Bottom