Attempting to grow landrace Colombian

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Its pretty, but its about as far away from a landrace as you can get.
Not true. Not at all.
Isn’t the point of your grow to gather pollen/seeds to do the same thing?
that’s what the landrace is for. ✌

growsince79

growsince79

Ha ha its funny because I was gonna comment on that but I decided to let it go. That Lemon Thai Kush looks tasty but its not a landrace. It very well may have some landrace genetics originally used to start the strain but then growers selectively bred it over generations to create that mix. So for instance they probably bred a Lemon variety x Kush variety X Thai Landrace. The 3 parent stocks were likely used to create the strain you are currently growing. When we are talking about landraces we are generally referring to wild plants that are not being grown by man. These are strains of bud that were relocated around the world by man hundreds if not thousands of years ago. Once the seeds get distributed in the wild nature takes over and after thousands of generation evolution creates a unique strain that is adapted to its particular region.
Landrace strains aren't necessarly wild. These plants have been grown by humans for a very long time at the same location without crossing to outside genetics.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Landrace strains aren't necessarly wild. These plants have been grown by humans for a very long time at the same location without crossing to outside genetics.
Pheno hunters look to gather these landrace strains for crossing mostly. Not to grow them for bud production. They are stable! That’s the
Lineage to tie into.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
This is part of why i think the "landrace" distinction isn't very useful. I'd say there are heirloom cultivars and then wild or semi wild cultivars. Depends what it was used for if there was selection done....but for instance cultivars used for hemp, charas, dry sieve, and ganja are just different things and lumping them all in as "landrace" is just kind of useless.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I'd love to be those strain hunter guys.
agreed. I watch all the docs I can on that. Would be a wild ride. 🤠
good on you for growing anything considered landrace/heirloom otherwise.

growsince79

growsince79

agreed. I watch all the docs I can on that. Would be a wild ride. 🤠
good on you for growing anything considered landrace/heirloom otherwise.
I'm just trying to relive the glory days. The last colombians I grew 32 years ago never did really finish but the hybid they made did and still had the colombian effect. It seems like all the strains today are all just about the same boring genetics.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I'm just trying to relive the glory days. The last colombians I grew 32 years ago never did really finish but the hybid they made did and still had the colombian effect. It seems like all the strains today are all just about the same boring genetics.
Agree, but there are some amazing genetics out there. Just have to sift through all the garbage.
im growing some that I won’t grow again.
I have so many bullshit beans, from pollen dusters, that I will probably never grow.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
They look plump.
any minute now👀
Funnier than watching paint dry, or a sharp stick in the eye.

growsince79

growsince79

They look plump.
any minute now👀
Funnier than watching paint dry, or a sharp stick in the eye.
I keep cutting off branches and putting in a vase right before they open. But for some reason its not worked so far. But any day now maybe.

IMG 20210227 191918929
Last edited:
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Time for a last ditch supercrop effort?

Top Bottom