Attempting to grow landrace Colombian

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hell yeah bro Columbian is what was in all that old school funky skunk back in the day. Real skunk has Columbian in it. Im curious to see how this comes out would love to get my hands on some real columbian for breeding purposes. 👍

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hell yeah bro Columbian is what was in all that old school funky skunk back in the day. Real skunk has Columbian in it. Im curious to see how this comes out would love to get my hands on some real columbian for breeding purposes. 👍
Agseedco might have some interesting stuff for you then.

Interesting to see how this one goes!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Agseedco might have some interesting stuff for you then.

Interesting to see how this one goes!
Dope. Its funny you mention the AG Columbian I was looking at that already and I almost bought it but I went with the Skunk #1 instead. I really should invest in the Original Haze that they have. It's full columbian and the seeds source way back to the hippie days when they were growing it up in the Santa Cruz mountains. It's pretty much as pure sativa as you can get. The original haze is best used as a breeding tool because the phenotype variations are very diverse. Not a great commercial crop but people say if you find a stud male and cross it with your modern strains it will come out dank. I want to try it for breeding specifically.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Dope. Its funny you mention the AG Columbian I was looking at that already and I almost bought it but I went with the Skunk #1 instead. I really should invest in the Original Haze that they have. It's full columbian and the seeds source way back to the hippie days when they were growing it up in the Santa Cruz mountains. It's pretty much as pure sativa as you can get. The original haze is best used as a breeding tool because the phenotype variations are very diverse. Not a great commercial crop but people say if you find a stud male and cross it with your modern strains it will come out dank. I want to try it for breeding specifically.
If you want pure sativa look at ace gear.

I'm running (Nevil's haze x Original Haze) x Original Haze atm. So i don't get the landrace trophy or anything but they are very colombian.

They like, basically actively hate nitrogen. But other than that it's been cool so far I'm doing the hard part now w the stretch lol.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
World of Seeds Colombian Gold has done fine for me in a room with 7' of headroom. They claim it's a landrace strain from the Santa Marta region. Old school taste, takes you back to the '70s.
I picked up a pack of their Pakistan seeds. Looking forward to them.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Real seed company is worth checking out if you are looking to grow landraces. Mostly from Asian/Middle east though and nothing all that exciting (but different). One strain that I tried from the Columbian area once was an incredible flavored Mangobiche. Forgot who sold it though (maybe Ace or Cannnabiogen) Nice looking outdoor plant in your photo.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah those landraces will just keep growing. When my wife and I were in Fiji I scored some swag weed from a cab driver. Super illegal in Fiji and really hard to get compared to here. Anyways after I smoked the bag I had 2 seeds. Brought them back home in my suitcase so I popped both of them. Only one germinated and lucky for me it was a female. I wish I had taken more pics cuz this shit looked very interesting it was the most sativa dominant strain I have ever seen the leaves were super narrow and long. Super branchy and tall and spindly. I started growing it on my patio here in Socal and in the fall it started to flower but kept going it wouldn't stop stretching. Once it hit about 8ft tall I chopped her couldn't commit any longer. It went all the way through winter and was still stretching into the spring equinox. These were true wild tropical sativa genetics from the mountains on the island of Viti Levu. Since this landrace adapted to the light cycle near the equator it wasn't adapted for outdoor growth in CA. Gotta take flower all the way down to 10 or 11 hours sometimes in order to finish. Before I chopped her down I was able to take cuts and just as a fun experiment I crossed her with a handful of newer strains. This was 3 years ago I still have not popped any of these beans but I have been meaning to give them a try. This is what I crossed her with...

Wild Fiji X Fire OG
Wild Fiji X Tangie
Wild Fiji X Space Wrangler
Wild Fiji X (xxx OG)

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah those landraces will just keep growing. When my wife and I were in Fiji I scored some swag weed from a cab driver. Super illegal in Fiji and really hard to get compared to here. Anyways after I smoked the bag I had 2 seeds. Brought them back home in my suitcase so I popped both of them. Only one germinated and lucky for me it was a female. I wish I had taken more pics cuz this shit looked very interesting it was the most sativa dominant strain I have ever seen the leaves were super narrow and long. Super branchy and tall and spindly. I started growing it on my patio here in Socal and in the fall it started to flower but kept going it wouldn't stop stretching. Once it hit about 8ft tall I chopped her couldn't commit any longer. It went all the way through winter and was still stretching into the spring equinox. These were true wild tropical sativa genetics from the mountains on the island of Viti Levu. Since this landrace adapted to the light cycle near the equator it wasn't adapted for outdoor growth in CA. Gotta take flower all the way down to 10 or 11 hours sometimes in order to finish. Before I chopped her down I was able to take cuts and just as a fun experiment I crossed her with a handful of newer strains. This was 3 years ago I still have not popped any of these beans but I have been meaning to give them a try. This is what I crossed her with...

Wild Fiji X Fire OG
Wild Fiji X Tangie
Wild Fiji X Space Wrangler
Wild Fiji X (xxx OG)
That's all this is a fun experiment. I doubt it makes a decent bud. But when someone gives you seeds from another continent you have to try.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Real seed company is worth checking out if you are looking to grow landraces. Mostly from Asian/Middle east though and nothing all that exciting (but different). One strain that I tried from the Columbian area once was an incredible flavored Mangobiche. Forgot who sold it though (maybe Ace or Cannnabiogen) Nice looking outdoor plant in your photo.
The stuff from RSC that looks especially tantalizing imo is their heirloom stuff. Deep Chunk etc

Homesteader

Homesteader

The stuff from RSC that looks especially tantalizing imo is their heirloom stuff. Deep Chunk etc
I never really saw they offered that until you said something. They don't ship to the United States through their site. Seedsman carries some though although no deep chunk. (congo, Morrocan and Malawi)

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

That's all this is a fun experiment. I doubt it makes a decent bud. But when someone gives you seeds from another continent you have to try.
Yeah I seriously doubt that the crosses that I created are gonna be fire just a fun experiment. If anything you would want to add maybe just 1/4 wild genetics. Just one of the 4 parents to add vigor and mold resistance. The THC is relatively low in the wild stuff.

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah I seriously doubt that the crosses that I created are gonna be fire just a fun experiment. If anything you would want to add maybe just 1/4 wild genetics. Just one of the 4 parents to add vigor and mold resistance. The THC is relatively low in the wild stuff.
IDK if you would call this wild, it's grown by people. Was the old Santa Marta gold wild? Maybe kinda sort of. I mean it does grow in the wild but these seeds were selected by people. They say its pretty good. Colombia allows 20 plants for personal use.

Top Bottom