Attempting to grow landrace Colombian

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Love it man they are starting to take off now. Classic Jungle Sativa vibe cant wait to see how they look in flower.
They are gonna be to big for my closet. I'll throw these two away and replace with the clones. Clone again if I have to.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I think that is where the true value of the landrace varieties comes in. On their own they are good but never at the top in total THC. However cross them with the modern strains and they add a nice pop to the genetic mix. Im curious to see how your cross would come out also.

growsince79

growsince79

Welcome to the jungle.

growsince79

growsince79

I think that is where the true value of the landrace varieties comes in. On their own they are good but never at the top in total THC. However cross them with the modern strains and they add a nice pop to the genetic mix. Im curious to see how your cross would come out also.
Thc ain't everything. Theres a reason the landrace strains from 40 years ago got us higher than anything available today. Just last year they isolated thcp a cannabinoid 30 times stronger than thc. I always wondered why colombian leaves will get you high and indica and hybrid leaves don't do shit?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Welcome to the jungle.
Thats cool. Yeah the jungle in Columbia is no joke the wild varieties need to have high stretch and fast vigor in order to punch up through the canopy top and compete for sunlight. As you can see in your Google Maps pin-drop super wet and rainy all the time. If you got a hot modern strain that has mold resistance issues just cross it with those wild Columbians I guarantee you it will fix it LOL. Those Columbians are wet all the time super mold resistant. That is actually why the sativa varieties have such narrow leaves. It's an evolutionary advantage to help drip off and shed water as quickly as possible. During a torrential downpour the broad leaf varieties would hold too much water weight and be pulled down due to added weight. Thin narrow leaves downward facing drop water immediately. The water slides down the narrow ridge and immediately off the sharp leaf tips. This same evolutionary phenomenon exists in many jungle plants not just Cannabis. The wild Fijian strain I brought home from the jungle there had leaves so narrow they looked like the hand of a skeleton. Fucking trippy looking like no weed I have ever seen! Super narrow.

growsince79

growsince79

Thats cool. Yeah the jungle in Columbia is no joke the wild varieties need to have high stretch and fast vigor in order to punch up through the canopy top and compete for sunlight. As you can see in your Google Maps pin-drop super wet and rainy all the time. If you got a hot modern strain that has mold resistance issues just cross it with those wild Columbians I guarantee you it will fix it LOL. Those Columbians are wet all the time super mold resistant. That is actually why the sativa varieties have such narrow leaves. It's an evolutionary advantage to help drip off and shed water as quickly as possible. During a torrential downpour the broad leaf varieties would hold too much water weight and be pulled down due to added weight. Thin narrow leaves downward facing drop water immediately. The water slides down the narrow ridge and immediately off the sharp leaf tips. This same evolutionary phenomenon exists in many jungle plants not just Cannabis. The wild Fijian strain I brought home from the jungle there had leaves so narrow they looked like the hand of a skeleton. Fucking trippy looking like no weed I have ever seen! Super narrow.
My friends tried to grow hybrids there and they all got moldy and were worthless. Indoors it could be done- but why do that when you can grow outside free.

growsince79

growsince79

Uh oh.. males?
No sign of sex yet. It could be a while before I know. I'm thinking maybe 60 days of 12-12 before they show. Today was 33 I think.
I'm replacing them with clones to keep them shorter.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Have you thought about trying a week of like 10-14 as an experiment? I mean if you're going to kill them anyway.

growsince79

growsince79

Have you thought about trying a week of like 10-14 as an experiment? I mean if you're going to kill them anyway.
I have other plants in there so I can't do that. If I don't kill them I need to put them in bigger pots now. If I kill them, by time the clones go to big pots they will hopefully be starting to flower. By then my others will be done and I can try 11-13 or 10-14 to speed things up.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

My kush didn't pop hairs right away either. Yours look good still. Cutting leaves off is your choice lol I defol and schwazze mine sooo I dunno I think ur look good pretty much how they are, maybe take a couple bigs off in the center or somethin if ur not comfortable defoliating

Top Bottom