Attempting to grow landrace Colombian

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

THCP? Or whatever it is that makes the Colombian effect so damn special.
Yeah I have heard it referred to as THCV. I know a lot of landrace sativas have that and Im sure your wild variety has a fair amount in it. It gives you that heart racing upper high. Its a rush and definitely unique but just such a PAIN IN THE ASS to grow. When I grew the wild sativa in the past the nugs were also a pain in the ass the plant started flowering but it wouldn't stop the flowers just kept fox-tailing. I know most would think that flowers getting bigger is a good thing but not in this example. The flowers were all spindly looking with relatively low trichome production. Looks OK before you harvest but the flowers were so loose and fluffy that by the time you chop it and dry there really wasn't much left to work with. You kind of scratch your head and ask yourself "How the hell am I going to trim this?" Its basically like a birds nest of strangely tangled stems and sticks. As they would say down in Columbia... No Bueno LOL

Basically looked like this...
Screen Shot 2021 02 25 at 74913 AM

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I still plan of growing this :
and Panama Red at some point.
Im more interested personally in using the wild varieties for breeding purposes to add mold resistance and hybrid vigor to the modern genetically inbred varieties. Funny coincidence I was already eyeing both these strains you listed, both the wild Thai as well as the Panama Red. However I was planning on doing crosses with them on some high density THC strains to pheno hunt through the F1s.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I have two Panama girls going from Ace and their vigor is just silly. Wonderful plants so far...like six weeks into flower maybe? I'll have to check.

Not expecting THCV though. Maybe CBG.

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah I have heard it referred to as THCV. I know a lot of landrace sativas have that and Im sure your wild variety has a fair amount in it. It gives you that heart racing upper high. Its a rush and definitely unique but just such a PAIN IN THE ASS to grow. When I grew the wild sativa in the past the nugs were also a pain in the ass the plant started flowering but it wouldn't stop the flowers just kept fox-tailing. I know most would think that flowers getting bigger is a good thing but not in this example. The flowers were all spindly looking with relatively low trichome production. Looks OK before you harvest but the flowers were so loose and fluffy that by the time you chop it and dry there really wasn't much left to work with. You kind of scratch your head and ask yourself "How the hell am I going to trim this?" Its basically like a birds nest of strangely tangled stems and sticks. As they would say down in Columbia... No Bueno LOL

Basically looked like this...
View attachment 1095900
Thcv and THCP are two different animals. Also lots of stuff hasn't been discovered yet.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Thcv and THCP are two different animals. Also lots of stuff hasn't been discovered yet.
I have never heard of THCP before but Im sure it exists there are so many cannabinoid variants its absolutely nuts. Just when you think you have heard of them all something new comes out.

growsince79

growsince79

I have never heard of THCP before but Im sure it exists there are so many cannabinoid variants its absolutely nuts. Just when you think you have heard of them all something new comes out.
Just discovered last year. 30x stronger than thc.
Decades ago I discovered that oil made from colombian fan leaves got me stoned to the max and oil from my indica fan leaves didn't do much at all. I think there is a lot we still don't know

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Just discovered last year. 30x stronger than thc.
Decades ago I discovered that oil made from colombian fan leaves got me stoned to the max and oil from my indica fan leaves didn't do much at all. I think there is a lot we still don't know
Yeah man Cannabis is like a universe of variants in terms of smell and effect its crazy. Terp profiles are insane. There was stuff going around back when I first started smoking in the late 90s that was unreal and I remember those smells and they are not really around in the clinics anymore. What a shame. I remember growing train-wreck back in the day that was so fucking loud it would seep through the glass jar. Straight Black Pepper mixed with Ammonia chemicals and death skunk. The smell is still right in my mind it would make your fucking eyes water. I haven't smelt anything close since. I can only imagine all of the incredible smells and effects that I missed out on from before I was born. Probably most lost forever 🙄

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah man Cannabis is like a universe of variants in terms of smell and effect its crazy. Terp profiles are insane. There was stuff going around back when I first started smoking in the late 90s that was unreal and I remember those smells and they are not really around in the clinics anymore. What a shame. I remember growing train-wreck back in the day that was so fucking loud it would seep through the glass jar. Straight Black Pepper mixed with Ammonia
chemicals and death skunk. The smell is still right in my mind it would make your fucking eyes water. I haven't smelt anything close since. I can only imagine all of the incredible smells and effects that I missed out on from before I was born. Probably most lost forever 🙄
I have some twenty20 arcata trainwreck seeds I need to try someday.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I have some twenty20 arcata trainwreck seeds I need to try someday.
Thats cool man. Yeah if you find a magic pheno in there let me know I would pay top dollar for a REAL trainwreck cut. Everything I have tried thus far been way watered down.

MTBKush

MTBKush

I still plan of growing this :
and Panama Red at some point.
Good choice. I grew this and it was awesome 👍. Lost them all, they got to dry and went hermi.
You will not be sorry for adding this to your collection.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I have two Panama girls going from Ace and their vigor is just silly. Wonderful plants so far...like six weeks into flower maybe? I'll have to check.

Not expecting THCV though. Maybe CBG.
I read that they flower super slow but I don't mind the wait.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I read that they flower super slow but I don't mind the wait.
IMG 20210226 141350207 HDR

There is one toward the end of week 6. Still stretching like mad lmao. She's a bit beaten up but tough as hell. I bent her stem 90 degrees less than 48 hours ago and it just went like a straw and she kept right on growing. This is easily 5x stretch.

Should have topped her in hindsight but 🤷‍♂️

Here is her sister, who i think has the better genes. Both, again, have been abused like mad.
IMG 20210226 140812339 HDR

This was their size at flip. They got up-potted to a 2gal since this pic and that's what they are in now.

Incredible plants. The smell is so spicy/fruity.

IMG 20210115 232648288 HDR

Last edited:
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Its pretty, but its about as far away from a landrace as you can get.
Ha ha its funny because I was gonna comment on that but I decided to let it go. That Lemon Thai Kush looks tasty but its not a landrace. It very well may have some landrace genetics originally used to start the strain but then growers selectively bred it over generations to create that mix. So for instance they probably bred a Lemon variety x Kush variety X Thai Landrace. The 3 parent stocks were likely used to create the strain you are currently growing. When we are talking about landraces we are generally referring to wild plants that are not being grown by man. These are strains of bud that were relocated around the world by man hundreds if not thousands of years ago. Once the seeds get distributed in the wild nature takes over and after thousands of generation evolution creates a unique strain that is adapted to its particular region.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
I live in the midwest US where there was a large amount of hemp production long long ago before Government stepped in. I still find the classic "ditch" weed growing wild from time to time. Always wondered about the genetics, especially since it re-grows every year. I always get seeds in my outdoor, and there are only a few outdoor growers near me (we know most of them) Would love to find a landrace and begin the journey of making a personally bred cultivar.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Ha ha its funny because I was gonna comment on that but I decided to let it go. That Lemon Thai Kush looks tasty but its not a landrace. It very well may have some landrace genetics originally used to start the strain but then growers selectively bred it over generations to create that mix. So for instance they probably bred a Lemon variety x Kush variety X Thai Landrace. The 3 parent stocks were likely used to create the strain you are currently growing. When we are talking about landraces we are generally referring to wild plants that are not being grown by man. These are strains of bud that were relocated around the world by man hundreds if not thousands of years ago. Once the seeds get distributed in the wild nature takes over and after thousands of generation evolution creates a unique strain that is adapted to its particular region.

Geez guys. Obviously its not a landrace only strain, In no way did I say it was. But it is a landrace cross from Thai lineage that has been around for a very long time.
its combining landrace with something preferable that gives stability and desirability.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Geez guys. Obviously its not a landrace only strain, In no way did I say it was. But it is a landrace cross from Thai lineage that has been around for a very long time.
its combining landrace with something preferable that gives stability and desirability.
I look for less bastardized strains like this, all I was saying/meaning.

Top Bottom