Auto-Flower Crossing Question

• Thread starter qper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
qper

qper

What % of a plant needs to be ruderalis in order to keep the auto-flowering traits? Example...I have a killer female Pakastani Ryder X Afghan Kush Ryder cross I did and am thinking about crossing it's pollen with Fugu Kush or a Sensi Star female. Will it still be an auto-flower plant? And If I do that for a few consecutive grows crossing non-ruderalis strains in how many times before it loses it's auto-flowering traits? Make sense?

Sorry in advance if this seems like a dumb question but I am experimenting a bit and trying to figure a few things out.

Thanks!!

qper

qper

and by consecutive grows I mean (pr x akr) X Sensi Star then on grow two i'd cross (pr x akr x ss) X SS, then next (pr x akr x ss x ss) X SS ect.

Hope that is a little clearer>

Thanks again!!

incognito

incognito

Check out the DJ Short Cataloging System post listed first in the Breeders Lab. He observes that traits really start to fix by the fourth(F4) generation. However, finding the desired pheno to backcross can be difficult. Each successive generation requires an ever growing population to improve the chances of finding the desired pheno to backcross. You could simply backcross four times without selection. Grow as many seeds from the forth generation as possible to see what phenos you have in the end. I would love to cross my way into a nice auto strain. The prospects of growing two outdoor gardens per year are exciting. If you are interested in further reading, check out Marijuana Botany by Robert Clark and The Cannabis Breeders Bible by Greg Green. You can find both of these books reprinted, in full or in part, at many different websites. Sounds like fun to me.

qper

qper

Check out the DJ Short Cataloging System post listed first in the Breeders Lab. He observes that traits really start to fix by the fourth(F4) generation. However, finding the desired pheno to backcross can be difficult. Each successive generation requires an ever growing population to improve the chances of finding the desired pheno to backcross. You could simply backcross four times without selection. Grow as many seeds from the forth generation as possible to see what phenos you have in the end. I would love to cross my way into a nice auto strain. The prospects of growing two outdoor gardens per year are exciting. If you are interested in further reading, check out Marijuana Botany by Robert Clark and The Cannabis Breeders Bible by Greg Green. You can find both of these books reprinted, in full or in part, at many different websites. Sounds like fun to me.

Thanks for the info. I will check out all of the information you've referenced. Two Auto-flower grows per season would be great here in New England. I have an unknown strain of bag seed that i call "Wunk" that is the absolute strongest, best medicine that I have ever tried. I had about 20 seeds, planted all, had 12 females, sprayed with colloidal silver and selfed a few clones off of the best female. Now i have a bunch of bx feminised wunk seeds which are very uniform, hardy and exactly what i was hoping they'd be, next i'd like to cross that with a top shelf auto flower strain. My first thoughts are W.O.S. Afghan Kush Ryder or Kannabia Seeds Hobbit. They've been my two best auto strains to date but I'm always open to suggestion. Hopefully introducing the auto flower trait without sacrificing too many of the Wunks positive traits.

Top Bottom