Auto White Widow And Auto Carmelicous . 1st Time Grow

• Thread starter Thcbasshead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

Your set up is coming together nicely. My only advice is those are some pretty large containers. A seedling in a 5 gallon bucket is a recipe for overwatering. Only water very lightly about 3 inches around the plant. Do this every other day or so until they get some root development. Then you can water more. Otherwise the medium never really gets dry. It's possible the pale one is dead from reduced oxygen in the soil, due to it being saturated. Next time I recommend a nursery pot or just use a solo cup. If your worried about transplanting, go with the solo cup. Then you can cut the sides off and won't need to mess with trying to tip the plant out. Just a thought. Happy growing.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Bad pic but there are a few brown spots on this little fella.. and only this one white widow. Think itll be okay but just want to be sure.
This one probably got a little water drop on it that focused the light and caused a small burn. Nothing to really worry about, just try not to leave water drops on the leaves after watering.

T

Thcbasshead

Have been watering every 2-3 days using a hand pump sprayer. Just lightly soaking right by the stem base, the thing i have is 1 gallon and about half of it is left when i am done. No nutes yet. I also moved the small fan from the top corner down to blow on the plants some more, my buddy told me this will help to develop root structure.

T

Thcbasshead

This one probably got a little water drop on it that focused the light and caused a small burn. Nothing to really worry about, just try not to leave water drops on the leaves after watering.
Makes sense! Will do from now on. Much appreciated.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Have been watering every 2-3 days using a hand pump sprayer. Just lightly soaking right by the stem base, the thing i have is 1 gallon and about half of it is left when i am done. No nutes yet. I also moved the small fan from the top corner down to blow on the plants some more, my buddy told me this will help to develop root structure.

I see. The hand pump will work well soon enough. However, until they get their third node, I would recommend no more than 100 ml per watering. You want to encourage the roots to look for water, and give them time to develop a good structure. Before you really soak the medium. Otherwise there is nothing there to used the water and it becomes stagnant. Providing an environment for root rot and other problems. Nice work on not giving nutes yet. That is a common rookie mistake. Your soil should provide what your plants need for a few weeks at least. I'd say your off to a good start. Just a few tweaks.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Oh, and if your fan is pointed at the plants, aim it so the breeze is between the plants and the light. You want a gentle sway. If it looks like they are at a rock concert, that's too much wind. lol

MW7945

MW7945

You're a brave soul for starting a grow in a basement that just flooded.

As far as the sides of your tent sucking in really bad, you need to open a side hole or one of the mesh openings at the bottom so there's actually air to pull in. A passive air intake. Right now you're trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose

T

Thcbasshead

Oh, and if your fan is pointed at the plants, aim it so the breeze is between the plants and the light. You want a gentle sway. If it looks like they are at a rock concert, that's too much wind. lol
Damned fan is a P.O.S not sure it could make 1 do that if it was a inch away from it lol.

T

Thcbasshead

You're a brave soul for starting a grow in a basement that just flooded.

As far as the sides of your tent sucking in really bad, you need to open a side hole or one of the mesh openings at the bottom so there's actually air to pull in. A passive air intake. Right now you're trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose
Yeah i solved the side suck in probs already. That is what i did. As far as the basement flood, first time it has flooded . No wires on ground or anything. Will be building something to hold the pots off the ground and the carbon filter too

MW7945

MW7945

Yeah i solved the side suck in probs already. That is what i did. As far as the basement flood, first time it has flooded . No wires on ground or anything. Will be building something to hold the pots off the ground and the carbon filter too

As far as the filter, it's not necessary to have it inside the tent. Instead of pulling air through it, you can push air through it and get the same effect.

Could always get a flood table and build a stand for it. It'll probably be difficult since you're already in massive buckets though. This is what mine looks like. (3x3 flood table in a 4x4 tent)

10 20 17
T

Thcbasshead

As far as the filter, it's not necessary to have it inside the tent. Instead of pulling air through it, you can push air through it and get the same effect.

Could always get a flood table and build a stand for it. It'll probably be difficult since you're already in massive buckets though. This is what mine looks like. (3x3 flood table in a 4x4 tent)
This part of the basement only had about 3/4 inch of water. My heighth is limited do to floor joists. I plan to just use the drip pan things and suck them out with liquid vac. I also did not know that about the carbon filter! It will definitley get taken out of the tent then.

MW7945

MW7945

This part of the basement only had about 3/4 inch of water. My heighth is limited do to floor joists. I plan to just use the drip pan things and suck them out with liquid vac. I also did not know that about the carbon filter! It will definitley get taken out of the tent then.

Yeah, I'd personally just try to suspend it off the ceiling (floor joists) or something. As long as air is passing through it in one form or another it's doing the same thing. I leave mine outside my tent as my light takes up a good amount of room

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

Does this light have uv or IR pcs, probably IR?
P.s. I grew auto caramelious and they were all different, but all very nice. I averaged 40g on each. The RH went over 70% and I got one site of bud rot on one plant, the biggest cola ofcourse, they get chunky!
I'd advise to keep that dehumid running constant, and run lights 20on/4off. The 4 off during the warmest time.
I would advise to bleach clean the floor

T

Thcbasshead

Does this light have uv or IR pcs, probably IR?
P.s. I grew auto caramelious and they were all different, but all very nice. I averaged 40g on each. The RH went over 70% and I got one site of bud rot on one plant, the biggest cola ofcourse, they get chunky!
I'd advise to keep that dehumid running constant, and run lights 20on/4off. The 4 off during the warmest time.
I would advise to bleach clean the floor
Not sure on the light honestly.. and as of right now almost all of the carmels are different sizes. Was strange to me lol. Have any pics? I was hoping for a higher yield off of them. What was your run time ?

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

And looks like youve been warned about watering,
consistant watering and Not Overwatering will be the key to your healthy grow.
I mix nutes by the gallon and use 16oz solo cups to measure 1 plants water, poor slow and even

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

Some finished in 70 days some took 90 days to get the 50/50 trichs , cloudy/amber color.
They were all pretty tall, I only topped one it worked very well.
This was my first grow too lol

Screenshot 20171115 175302
T

Thcbasshead

Your lights look ridiculously more simple then mine will be... were those cfls all you had? I will end up running the 2k led and a 1k hps.

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

Your lights look ridiculously more simple then mine will be... were those cfls all you had? I will end up running the 2k led and a 1k hps.
Yes lol, you should do much better than my 42w CFL bulbs , dw im not insulted I only used for that grow ;)

Top Bottom