Autofem Lighting

• Thread starter Gettnpacksin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

I'm a little confused on what lighting I should run for veg. I'm popping feminized autoflowers in a 4x4 tent with a 600w dimmable hps for flowering. plain Jane soil grow. So should I run mh, t5s or led for veg? And what wattage for veg?

Bannacis

Bannacis

Be careful on young seedlings, I would use a low wattage light at beginning then step up to a higher wattage light.
just an hps red (warm) spectrum will usually cause stretch, so if you can mix it up def need some blue (cool).
After you get a couple sets of leaves, you could ramp up the lights. Using hi power veg lights will give you bigger and healthier plants going into flowering.
Any of those lights will work.

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

Amazon has a cheap 300w led I think it said actual wattage was 150w'ish for $85
would this be fine for seedling to week 2 of veg then switch to 600w mh to finish veg and 600w hps for flowering

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Be careful on young seedlings, I would use a low wattage light at beginning then step up to a higher wattage light.
just an hps red (warm) spectrum will usually cause stretch, so if you can mix it up def need some blue (cool).
After you get a couple sets of leaves, you could ramp up the lights. Using hi power veg lights will give you bigger and healthier plants going into flowering.
Any of those lights will work.
It's an autoflower. Stretch can be good. Especially with bowl training. I got 5 Oz off my first autoflower.
20160919 071130

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Bowl training is just stretching the outside branches down right? I plan on doing scrog on my first attempt
yes like your making a crown. You are promoting more light to the lower nodes. Its an autoflower, you need the most you can get :) add this with pinching the center top and light lolli popping and with the right strain, nice fat colas. my middle cola dried weight 14 g...

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

yes like your making a crown. You are promoting more light to the lower nodes. Its an autoflower, you need the most you can get :) add this with pinching the center top and light lolli popping and with the right strain, nice fat colas. my middle cola dried weight 14 g...
Hell yeah I will be experimenting I received alot of free seeds so I plan on trying different methods on those and not really risk the one I paid for. Mh first is definitely going to be scrog and lollipopping though

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Amazon has a cheap 300w led I think it said actual wattage was 150w'ish for $85
would this be fine for seedling to week 2 of veg then switch to 600w mh to finish veg and 600w hps for flowering
I know you said cheap, but either spectrum kings (mommas little helper) or there 100w led looks like a great option for a small area that you cant use a cmh

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

I know you said cheap, but either spectrum kings (mommas little helper) or there 100w led looks like a great option for a small area that you cant use a cmh
I'm running a 4x4 tent and I see alot of people running 1000w in them I think I'll be fine with 600w and a 6"inline fan. I'm just pondering ideas of setting up a small seedling -veg area with led but I'm kind of space restricted and don't wanna spread my madness into another room.but I do have a 2'6"x4'3"x7' empty space in one of my bathrooms

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm running a 4x4 tent and I see alot of people running 1000w in them I think I'll be fine with 600w and a 6"inline fan. I'm just pondering ideas of setting up a small seedling -veg area with led but I'm kind of space restricted and don't wanna spread my madness into another room.but I do have a 2'6"x4'3"x7' empty space in one of my bathrooms
What I did was this. I bought a 32x32×63 for $50 on amazon. Put a 400 mh in an open air hood and exhausted it by hooking up the exhaust from it to my intake on my VENTED HOOD in the 4x8 flower tent which gets exhausted out the other side of the tent. Of course there is no carbon filter on the hood exhaust. Works great. Or did. I moved to a 4x8 now.....

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

i'm using the mars hydro 300 in veg now, there is no stretch with this light. really tight node spacing, so if u need stretch maybe a 150 hps will help with that.
Should I opt for 1 or 2 of the mars 300 for my space ? Only running 2-3 seeds a time so there's room for the girls to grow

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

What I did was this. I bought a 32x32×63 for $50 on amazon. Put a 400 mh in an open air hood and exhausted it by hooking up the exhaust from it to my intake on my VENTED HOOD in the 4x8 flower tent which gets exhausted out the other side of the tent. Of course there is no carbon filter on the hood exhaust. Works great. Or did. I moved to a 4x8 now.....
I have been looking at the 2x4 tents to use as my seedling -veg and fill it with led so there's not to much of a heat problem and keep my 4x4 for flowering

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

This all happened in 30 days. Plants were 15 days old when put in the buckets first picture. 30 days till last pic...
Should I opt for 1 or 2 of the mars 300 for my space ? Only running 2-3 seeds a time so there's room for the girls to grow

Downloadfile 28
Downloadfile 14
Downloadfile 11
Downloadfile 26
Downloadfile 29

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have been looking at the 2x4 tents to use as my seedling -veg and fill it with led so there's not to much of a heat problem and keep my 4x4 for flowering
That Lil 400w mh with the fan blowing straight up on it... the hood was cold to the touch. However if I jumped it up to 600 it would get a Lil to warm. But 400 was perfect. As you can see with their growth...

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

Looks good man I can only hope mine look like that in the future for now Im going to be running 2 fastbuds strains gorilla glue and girl scout cookie I'm hoping for at least 2-3 ounces between the two plants. So 400w mh veg and what are you running for flower?

Bannacis

Bannacis

Gettnpacksin...2 mars hydro would do just fine in veg, I'm not getting hardly any stretch.(with one light) in a 3x3.
with proper topping and training they will do great in a 2x4.

Top Bottom