Autoflower help please!!!!

• Thread starter FreesmokeKO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FreesmokeKO

FreesmokeKO

Ok so June 10th 2 superhash and 2 white widow autoflowers was put in the dirt time goes on I find a male white widow so I throw him out now I believe my plants are flowering there pistols are huge and comeing out of every hole they have butttttttttttt I’m week 3 in to flower now and yo wtf were my buds at!!!! Yes I’m a new grower who’s impatient lbvs but still the seeds sayyyyyy there 90 day flowering I’m useing FF trio running 24-0 on mars II 900w

Autoflower help please
az2000

az2000

so June 10th ... put in the dirt
I’m week 3 in to flower now
the seeds sayyyyyy there 90 day flowering

They'e 8 weeks old. They look about right to me.

I think you're saying the seed bank advertised then as 90-day till harvest(?). Thats' 13 weeks. So, you have 5 weeks go, which looks about right. (Usually seed banks say something like "7 weeks to harvest," which would have confused a new grower about a week or two ago. I think they mean "earliest possible harvest." It's good to see a more realistic estimate of 13 weeks.).

From what I saw on an autoflower forum, most people harvest around 11 weeks. I usually did 12, but 13 once. I think 90-days (13 weeks) is a bit long for an autoflower (and that's surprising to see a seed sold erring in that direction instead of the typical early estimates.).

You're just going to treat harvest like any cannabis plant. When some pistils are brown, and the trichomes are some amount of cloudy or amber (your preference). If you don't have a microscope to look at the trichomes, you probably need to start looking for one now. (Harbor Freight sells a set of loupes cheap. They have a magnifying glass that clips onto ordinary glasses. You can buy a pair of cheap reading glasses at the drug store. Get the strongest magnification. Probably 3x. Clip the Harbor-frieght thing onto those. The Harbor Fright thing has two round lenses that swing down in front of the reading glasses. With both round lenses it's strong. And then the 3x reading glasses triple that. It's not as strong as a microscope. But, just about strong enough to look at trichomes. (16.5x times 3x).

FreesmokeKO

FreesmokeKO

I have a 40x look so what ur telling me is I got about 5 weeks left? So hopefully I’m the next 5 weeks there really gunna blow up

FreesmokeKO

FreesmokeKO

That’s what I’m saying when are they gunna fill out

R

RolandNiels

Hmm they should actually be filling out now, i can see some of the pistils even turned amber

Did you have nutriant lockout? (overfeed?) i notice some leafs are very dark green

Some flowers justpack on mass late, but this looks abit weird. Could be the strain to.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Okay so I can answer his feed schedule since I know him personally he feeds every watering except last cause I told him to back off the dang newts cause his leafs are so dark and he has been doing max newts and I told him to back off that to but all his tricks are clear on the buds so that's good

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

And he hasn't been checking his ppm range either which I told him to start that to

R

RolandNiels

Okay so I can answer his feed schedule since I know him personally he feeds every watering except last cause I told him to back off the dang newts cause his leafs are so dark and he has been doing max newts and I told him to back off that to but all his tricks are clear on the buds so that's good

Feeding every watering is the best thing to do, but feeding to much every watering is not.

If you can strike the golden line for the plant needs, giving the optimal needed Nutriant amount. Will make sure your plant never starves, and no stunting occurs.

But ofcurse to much every feeding then also accumulates fast.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Well let's just say his ppm run with phd water yesterday was 391×10 and the two other buckets where up there just as high that's really high for runoff idk about autos but I know runoff shouldn't be no ppmm 391×10

R

RolandNiels

Well let's just say his ppm run with phd water yesterday was 391×10 and the two other buckets where up there just as high that's really high for runoff idk about autos but I know runoff shouldn't be no ppmm 391×10

Guess the diagnose is correct then ;-)

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

So I told him last night run two gallons of Ph'd water thru all three plants we need to fix this cause we only have so much time

R

RolandNiels

He thought max newts meant bigger flowers

Heh stunted growth due to lockout, good flush light neutriant mix afterwards.

Give it 3-7 days (water should be gone by then) And start with a lighter feeding schedule. The flowers will be impacted now, but i just managed to recover a plant having 3-4 weeks flowering time left, having no nutes for 5 weeks. Still packing some hugh flowers.

Let it be a lesson :)

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

That's what I told him lesson number one learned not to give so much dang newts newts dont always give big healthy plants

R

RolandNiels

Specially at max

Well he should look into Organic then

I didnt use it myself, but im pretty sure i read somewere some of the organic nutes. Are pretty much impossible to overfeed *You have to research this yourself*

az2000

az2000

Feeding every watering is the best thing to do, but feeding to much every watering is not.

I think organic-minded growers alternate feeding because they believe it lets the soil microbes recover, feed off the nutrients that are in the soil (instead of adding more). But, I'm like you. I'd rather feed less (continuously) than more (infrequently). It depends on the nutrients. What I feed won't burn, but will buildup in the soil and result in lockout. I've seen others feeding more-synthetic nutrients (and alternating water/feed because they read that's "better" without understanding that it might have been for different type of nutrients). That's risky because those products could burn at double-strength.

Regarding feeding stronger leading to better results. I feel there is some truth to that. I feed stronger than I need to (using more-organic sources of nutrients), and use more runoff (than most people) to prevent salt buildup. I think the primary point of runoff is to ensure the soil is uniformly saturated. I typically do 10-20% runoff (more toward 20%) as a slight flush each feeding. This lets me feed slightly stronger without buildup (and any need to do a real flush). From what I've seen, the plants like that better than feeding the perfect amount (with minimal runoff, as organic growers seem to do). I think it has something to do with rebalancing the nutrients. Instead of "making" the plant eat what's been given to it, which might be more of what it doesn't need (not as much of what it needs), I "wipe the plate clean" (to small degree) and replace the food with a new balance of nutrients.

That's the way I think about. I could be wrong. But, it does seem the plants like that better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom