Automatic Lowering Of Lights

• Thread starter Medusa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Is there a product out there anyone is using for lowering there lights ? Have used all types currently back to chains. Thinking more like remote or flip of switch? There's Gotta be for big grows there not climbing up there to mess with lights. Thanks. M

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Channel track Would u still use the chains ? So easily one person with crank Awesome. Thanks Bud. M

suomynona

suomynona

No problem M!

Home depot and harbor freight. No chains, use pullys and cable. Ill try to remember to take a pic for ya when i go over to that spot next time.

suomynona

suomynona

If u look at the pic in this link u will get an idea of what i am talking about. These are dj light stands but exactly the same principal and effect.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I understand what ...but want to set in place immediately ...can't believe i cant find any pic's even on internet ...its all about light movers ..which i already have in veg ... with air vents attached to all my hoods way to heavy to lift on my own and want to be able to do myself without waiting for some help ...

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
HA HA you were typing this at the same time ...Thank you !!! sounds like a repayment of more brownie pops

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

What about a simple winch linked with cable and various pulleys to each light? Heavy duty winches could easily raise and lower a row of 100 reflectors.

If we're talking a smaller room, sunlight supply offers a winch system called the Sun Winch. You can link 8 of them together to 1 remote.

suomynona

suomynona

Never knew about the sun winch but it seems cool enough, 100$ plus the fee for the remote for one light though.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Never knew about the sun winch but it seems cool enough, 100$ plus the fee for the remote for one light though.
Ya it is costly and takes up a ton of ceiling space, not practical for those with lower ceilings. This is a topic I've been working on for sometime, I think there are a ton of commercial growers using pulleys or winch systems and I would definitely like to make my own.

suomynona

suomynona

Ya it is costly and takes up a ton of ceiling space, not practical for those with lower ceilings. This is a topic I've been working on for sometime, I think there are a ton of commercial growers using pulleys or winch systems and I would definitely like to make my own.
Yeah there are lots of folks using / making them. I stopped posting too many pics of my grows but if i remember to take a pic of mine ill dm u on IG so you can see it. The systems only work well in a uniform grow, like a row of lights with clones all of the same age underneath. But i seriously will be looking into the dj light stands for my next build.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
What about a simple winch linked with cable and various pulleys to each light? Heavy duty winches could easily raise and lower a row of 100 reflectors.

If we're talking a smaller room, sunlight supply offers a winch system called the Sun Winch. You can link 8 of them together to 1 remote.

Off the top of your head got a price @GR33NL3AF ...no worries could look up myself...Thanks guys ...switching lights out this weekend I know gonna have some stretch ...

one light at a time ? No little spendy but still will check out ... I am pretty ingenious ... a cable attached to a crank then runs up inside a pvc pipe attached to ceiling then down hooked to the light of course with rubber rings as to protect ... Now i am understanding the concept ...Thank you so much guys ...M

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Anything that makes it simpler ...is well worth the money... when time can be saved ..plus i should of lifted them a few days ago so putting the proper pully system system in is worth alot ...all my lights are different so will have to make one system for each x 4

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
those are cool ...might just do that... My ceiling is only 8 ft would that work?

Natural

Natural

soer I'm a lil cornfused..doya want to raise them or lower them? Forget the chains..wot a pain.
They way it works for me is that the spot is empty and I can be under there with a stepper or bucket and reach my rope ratchet pulleys to lift them up and get plants under there. Which you do by squeezing the little lever on the ratchet. One side at a time and you can free one hand to support the light. This is the hardest step. From that point it's all raising the hoods with plants underneath. If you leave the ratchet cord long, they are very easy to pull and the ratchet stops keep you from having to support anything.
They're cheap and easier than chains.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
soer I'm a lil cornfused..doya want to raise them or lower them? Forget the chains..wot a pain.
They way it works for me is that the spot is empty and I can be under there with a stepper or bucket and reach my rope ratchet pulleys to lift them up and get plants under there. Which you do by squeezing the little lever on the ratchet. One side at a time and you can free one hand to support the light. This is the hardest step. From that point it's all raising the hoods with plants underneath. If you leave the ratchet cord long, they are very easy to pull and the ratchet stops keep you from having to support anything.
They're cheap and easier than chains.

I have bought the different pulls just for lights ...u should see em sometimes there stuck 3 -4 inches slanted on one side ... the air ducking is hooked to each hood which is adding alot of weight ..says these sunwinch only hold 50 pounds ...@Natural are you talking the rope ratchet pullys from the grow store ? have had two different types ...then went back to chains ..

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Also thought of those electrical rolls that come down off the ceiling with plug ins ...not sure they would just fall with weight of light plus u need 2 then all the other stuff ..might as well buy the sunwinch ...and u only need one remote ... @GR33NL3AF u think i would be exceeding the weight limit with air ducting attached ...there showing it with a hood with both ends opens for attaching ducting too ?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Or garage door openers ....heavy duty ... this needs to be explored ...little leary of new products working right ..just like the first model of a car ... Thanks guys ...

Top Bottom