Automatic Lowering Of Lights

• Thread starter Medusa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Also thought of those electrical rolls that come down off the ceiling with plug ins ...not sure they would just fall with weight of light plus u need 2 then all the other stuff ..might as well buy the sunwinch ...and u only need one remote ... @GR33NL3AF u think i would be exceeding the weight limit with air ducting attached ...there showing it with a hood with both ends opens for attaching ducting too ?
They are pricey... https://www.monstergardens.com/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=sun winch

This product came on the market at the beginning of summer and was taken off quickly to reproduce a better quality unit. Surprisingly I've seen warehouse growers purchase 20-30 of these systems, can't see how they would work if you had more then 8 lights. Anyways...

Another simple method is to use several 'Eye" hooks and run twine from your reflectors, across your ceiling and down to a tie off point. Not high tech but very simple!

suomynona

suomynona

They are pricey... https://www.monstergardens.com/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=sun winch

This product came on the market at the beginning of summer and was taken off quickly to reproduce a better quality unit. Surprisingly I've seen warehouse growers purchase 20-30 of these systems, can't see how they would work if you had more then 8 lights. Anyways...

Another simple method is to use several 'Eye" hooks and run twine from your reflectors, across your ceiling and down to a tie off point. Not high tech but very simple!
I like that, got my mcgyver going! I did just eat one of M's treats though, lol

But, u could also just mount an atv winch to a wall (or cement floor, really solid mount preferable), deep cycle battery to run it, have all the hoods fixed to a length of angle iron or tube steel, then add some pullys and snatch blocks in the right places then u have a remote control system that could easily lower and raise 20 or more lights so long as they all are fixed to the iron.

Or just do gr33nl3afs idea or buy the dang ole dj light stands and modify as needed....brownie pop got me M!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Ha. Got the giggles I see. Decided depending on how tall the sun winch is easiest is those. After Xmas. Climbing on ladder now. Glad I didn't eat pop.

suomynona

suomynona

Here you go M,this is what we used,
http://www.garagegator.com/shop/ggr220-rb.html
We used the manual crank style but it looks like they might all be motorized now.I have modified the bar when needed longer etc,just stay below the weight limit(220lbs) and keep hoods balanced on bar.Some big ass AC hoods weigh alot,we used Awings mostly.
That is really a great deal fish! Thanks for that link. I pretty much only use wings. Do you think its beefy enough to handle extensions to make in longer on each end to accommodate a longer run?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Here you go M,this is what we used,
http://www.garagegator.com/shop/ggr220-rb.html
We used the manual crank style but it looks like they might all be motorized now.I have modified the bar when needed longer etc,just stay below the weight limit(220lbs) and keep hoods balanced on bar.Some big ass AC hoods weigh alot,we used Awings mostly.

Thanks fish will check out. Got three up but the 4th is one of those XXL. Hoods With a tray under. Freaking back ache now

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Ya was looking in garage and saw garage door opener thought why wouldn't that work. Lol. See blondes can be smart too ! Thanks boys. M

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

That is really a great deal fish! Thanks for that link. I pretty much only use wings. Do you think its beefy enough to handle extensions to make in longer on each end to accommodate a longer run?
Yes you can extend it,just dont get too crazy,keep it balanced and under 220lbs.We have used electrical conduit to make a new bar for light hoods and some thicker walled aluminum for the heavier stuff,i think max we went was 12',they come with 9 or 10' rods i think ,its been awhile.best to keep it to 3 lights max on the heavies.
Thanks fish will check out. Got three up but the 4th is one of those XXL. Hoods With a tray under. Freaking back ache now
M,they make a smaller unit that will handle 1 light no problem.Know all about the blondes M,been keeping one around for 35 years,Outsmarts me daily(or does she?)lol.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Yes you can extend it,just dont get too crazy,keep it balanced and under 220lbs.We have used electrical conduit to make a new bar for light hoods and some thicker walled aluminum for the heavier stuff,i think max we went was 12',they come with 9 or 10' rods i think ,its been awhile.best to keep it to 3 lights max on the heavies.

M,they make a smaller unit that will handle 1 light no problem.Know all about the blondes M,been keeping one around for 35 years,Outsmarts me daily(or does she?)lol.

Keeping one around ..I have a feeling its the opposite ..But will let you have your glory like she does ...;) Thanks M

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

The Sun winches look perfect for hanging unistrut with runs of vertical lamps, which I'm just about to do :)

Top Bottom