avid and forbid

• Thread starter Skunkmasterflex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I've got that same model SMF,it works well for me......
I just put it in the room when I'm finished spraying/fogging the plants and I let it fog the room for a few minutes.....
It's what I used to eradicate mites from a 1200 sq. ft. indoor environment.....atomizers FTW!
Nice, so between you and sea recommending it I'm sure it's the one to use. Not to expensive and since it's quality it will be worth it.

What did you Fog with to rid those mites in 1200sq? That's a nice sized room man lol

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I used a mixture of 60 ml. Azamax,and 2 ml Avid,per gallon of H20 along with a spreader,I hit my moms once a week for 3 weeks and they were gone for good
and it's been clean in there for about 8 months now.....
For the win!....i sprayed this BS forbid and now I'm just gonna hit them with neem/azamax/spinosad every 5 days or so till I don't see them for a while. At that point I'll probably just spray with teas to keep them away. Hopefully this method works and those fuckers are gone forever. I felt the same way about PM when I had it years ago. Havnt seen it since and I thank God for that. Growing is a job until problems pop up lol. Best to just stay educated and keep up prevention at all times

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
some good info in this thread, ive been lookin into one of those atomizers/foggers.
thnx guys and gal.

For the win!....i sprayed this BS forbid and now I'm just gonna hit them with neem/azamax/spinosad every 5 days or so till I don't see them for a while. At that point I'll probably just spray with teas to keep them away. Hopefully this method works and those fuckers are gone forever. I felt the same way about PM when I had it years ago. Havnt seen it since and I thank God for that. Growing is a job until problems pop up lol. Best to just stay educated and keep up prevention at all times

real talk, prevention is probbily the single most important thing ive learned about growing. funny how thats also the thing i slack on the most.

confu

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Yeah mine was bought off ebay. I didn't want to buy a massive bottle since I knew I was gonna be using only a small amount. I bought a sample size. 1/4 oz. It was $25 and came with paperwork from the manufacturer. The eBay seller had a lot of good reviews and other that had bought the same product as i did so hopefully it's fine.
You might have gotten scammed, I'm with @Seamaiden on this , I only buy the large bottles original, think I was almost $200.00 for an 8 oz bottle of 4F

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are you only spraying iso out of it? I was thinking about using it for my spinosad/ azamax mix to get better coverage. Will that fogger work alright for stuff like that?
I use it for a few things. When I needed to get RH up in my basement, I just filled it with water and set it off. When treating for mites using my rosemary concoction I used it, too, but the concoction would separate over a half hour or so, so I'd have to turn it off and remix the mixture. I'll use it with other products when the need arises, I'm sure of that. Really the only thing I'm not sure about passing through it are any products with live microbes, like ACTs.

Baylife

Baylife

So after what seems like 2 years of keeping mites just at bay I decided to just say screw it and I ordered avid and forbid....Straight chemicals. I haven't wanted to resort to this but iv got to the point I'm just sick of seeing these fuck keep popping up. Neem and mighty wash alone alone with bleaching my rooms on the regular just arnt working.
I have only read around about these two products but never used them.
My question is....how many ml per gallon are you fellow farmers using of these products and how often?

Make sure ou rotate between these products because your babies WILL become resistant and at that point the battle becomes almost unwinnable. Avid does work though...it saved what I had left of my fall harvest from russet mites, it worked rather quick as well. Good luck!

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
@Skunkmasterflex Do you have any updates on this, did the Heavy Hitter sprays kill all them Mites ?

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Forbid knocked the mites pretty much completely away. Left some eggs here and there. Iv been routinely spraying ic3 oil every 5 days or so. Then doing a foliar AACT the day after i use that stuff. From here on out I'm full organic just needed a real deal chem to smoke most of those things away. I refuse to do anymore forbid spray as the shit scared me to much lol

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I use it for a few things. When I needed to get RH up in my basement, I just filled it with water and set it off. When treating for mites using my rosemary concoction I used it, too, but the concoction would separate over a half hour or so, so I'd have to turn it off and remix the mixture. I'll use it with other products when the need arises, I'm sure of that. Really the only thing I'm not sure about passing through it are any products with live microbes, like ACTs.

Done it. Scoped it. Microbes survive for the most part.

hexthat

hexthat

When I used avid I was told to add 32-36 drops per gallon, a little less then 2ml, that shit looks weird when it hits the surface of the water like chemical spiderwebs diffusing into the water, no surfactant or emulsifier is needed.

The Humanure

The Humanure

hi if any one cares. I was infested with russets came out of no place to eat preflower.
I hit with forbid and everything is dead but some stragglers., im no using azamax, microbes and nukem, safer soap in rotation.

If the russets managed to keep some eggs and adults alive laying eggs then they hatch and eat the forbid and die and my rotation knocks down the rest and I finish out? I have had some preflower damage! they are inside the eraser sized buds!

PANIC

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have another miticide that's proven to kill the russets using a different mode of action than the Forbid on hand. When using single site mode of action 'cides' (this is true for all of them, not just miticides) you need to have at least one more to use in rotation, otherwise you'll be pushing towards resistance.

Top Bottom