avid and forbid

• Thread starter Skunkmasterflex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
So after what seems like 2 years of keeping mites just at bay I decided to just say screw it and I ordered avid and forbid....Straight chemicals. I haven't wanted to resort to this but iv got to the point I'm just sick of seeing these fuck keep popping up. Neem and mighty wash alone alone with bleaching my rooms on the regular just arnt working.
I have only read around about these two products but never used them.
My question is....how many ml per gallon are you fellow farmers using of these products and how often?

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Skunk as much as I hate the stuff IT WORKS! You have the combination of the two deadliest chemicals for the mites. Here is how you should do it. Week 1 start with the avid. Depending on how many plants you got but for 40 plants all I used was one gallon. So, a little of that stuff goes a long way. 2ml for a gallon is fine 1ml will work to. Anyway, hit them with the avid week one wait 5 days hit them with the forbid at the same rate. 5 days later hit them with st8 water. Week later I would hit them with avid/forbid one more time and that's it. You might not have to hit them a second time with avid/forbid but the reason I say hit them with st8 water on the third application is because it will rinse there paralyzed and dead bodies off the leaves so you can better determine if they are still there. Good luck let me know if you need anything I have successfully removed them 100% multiple times in multiple different gardens. Early detection is always key!

Shamus

Shamus

ive been considering busting it out i just found thrips in the bloom room and immediately started hitting em with caps foliar pack (nothings past week 4) but im definitely considering using avid in the veg room.
i was gonna go all out tyvek suit and respirator gloves ect. swimming goggles as well.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

ive been considering busting it out i just found thrips in the bloom room and immediately started hitting em with caps foliar pack (nothings past week 4) but im definitely considering using avid in the veg room.
i was gonna go all out tyvek suit and respirator gloves ect. swimming goggles as well.

Yeah my buddy ingested some of that shit somehow and he had a seizure. If his wife didn't find him he probably would've died. Be careful!

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the advice fellas.

Sounds like slowitdown has a perfect schedule down. I'lltry that method on all my teens and mothers in veg. Goo sounds like he has a solid method for fresh rooted or babies and I'lltry his method for those. Perfect.
Gotta go get some more serious protection before these chemicals get these so I can make sure to be safe.
I was totally anti Chems till I brokedown and said screw it when I got PM'D and used eagle20. Used it once a few years back and haven't seen a spot since....hope to have that luck with these mites so I can have pretty mite free grows again.

Thanks again farmers :)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

So after what seems like 2 years of keeping mites just at bay I decided to just say screw it and I ordered avid and forbid....Straight chemicals. I haven't wanted to resort to this but iv got to the point I'm just sick of seeing these fuck keep popping up. Neem and mighty wash alone alone with bleaching my rooms on the regular just arnt working.
I have only read around about these two products but never used them.
My question is....how many ml per gallon are you fellow farmers using of these products and how often?
Thanks for the advice fellas.

Sounds like slowitdown has a perfect schedule down. I'lltry that method on all my teens and mothers in veg. Goo sounds like he has a solid method for fresh rooted or babies and I'lltry his method for those. Perfect.
Gotta go get some more serious protection before these chemicals get these so I can make sure to be safe.
I was totally anti Chems till I brokedown and said screw it when I got PM'D and used eagle20. Used it once a few years back and haven't seen a spot since....hope to have that luck with these mites so I can have pretty mite free grows again.

Thanks again farmers :)
I don't know about forbid but I know about Avid and got sick real sick just from working in a hydroshop that deamed it necessary to store it in the restroom.......

PLEASE READ ALL THE LABEL THEN DECIDE IF YOU'LL USE IT..........

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

For thrips might I suggest something with spinosad in it. Doesn't work that great for mites but it beats the shit outa thrips and its not as dangerous for the applicator. Just my 2cents.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah Forbid will knock em dead. Not so sure on the Avid. Didnt do shit for me the last few times Ive tried it. Theres alot of Avid immune mites out there now. I got a big ass bottle of Avid, you should of hit me up homie!

Shamus

Shamus

For thrips might I suggest something with spinosad in it. Doesn't work that great for mites but it beats the shit outa thrips and its not as dangerous for the applicator. Just my 2cents.

i was thinking organicide or ... ugh cant think of the name but i had it specifically ordered for thrips.. maybe its monteray? i think.. im right idk. but anywho, yeah that was the first choice but i kinda felt like just fucking shit up and making sure they stay stay dead. i dont have to many veg plants right now and theyre all rather small so i was just gonna opt for avid.. isnt spinosad a byproduct of some composting process? i assumed they wouldnt mix well (spinosad and avid) lest i do 3 applications of spinosad and then do they avid but that seems excessive at that point. no matter what the bloom room was gettin monteray.

thank you tho

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

TCM does the thread mention what avid does to lungs when incinerated and inhaled??? I know for outside use it's not even supposed to be used near neighborhoods.....that should say something really someone witha bottle should post up the whole warning label....something tells me people using it aren't reading that fucking caution...........
I do appreciate people admitting they use it u wonder if they let their custies know about it and hopefully they don't provide that SHIT to patients

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

not sure if someone touched on this buuut im 99% sure that your supposed to limit the use of forbid to like 3-4 applications per plant for its lifespan. something about it being systemic and staying in the plant long term. im outa the game right now but if memory serves correct thats the skinny. also its only supposed to be used in veg up to like week 2 or 3.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

not sure if someone touched on this buuut im 99% sure that your supposed to limit the use of forbid to like 3-4 applications per plant for its lifespan. something about it being systemic and staying in the plant long term. im outa the game right now but if memory serves correct thats the skinny. also its only supposed to be used in veg up to like week 2 or 3.

IME I only use forbid ONCE in the plants lifespan. Shit is so bad it doesn't need repeat applications...

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

werrrrd. i found one application was good. n here i went and bought a bottle of the shit! lol

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

>just remember flex if you use avid or forbid you still have to do at least 2-3 applications to totally erradicate the mites or they will keep coming back. one application every 5-6 days and you have to cover every last leaf so either dunk whole plants or leaf strip and intensive spray.

personally i would never spray avid forbid or eagle, only dunk. spraying just gets everywhere and drips on you and can be less effective than a dunk as well.

home depot sells blue chem-resistant coveralls, they have chem resistant gloves that are good too. be safe and good luck.

when i used floramite and forbid the mites always came back...sns-217 (pricey but organic) sprayed on every leaf top and bottom 3 applications every 5-6 days and havent seen a mite in years. Eagle is only chem that has worked in one app for me..

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
@caveman4.20 mos def bro! On medical or ethical point of view, any body selling buds should warn their patient about the pesticide used on the plants. The grower should be able to show test data etc, to insure his weed is clean. Specially those growing and using the ORGANIC therm.

IMO no growers should be using such strong and dangerous pesticide. But if u really have to, according to this test, I will only use forbid, twice maximum and never after the last two weeks of veg.

Top Bottom