az2000 ???

• Thread starter basscaptain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
az2000

az2000

Thats unreal AZ. I’m 100% going to try your soil recipe for next grow

If I recall, you're using Pro-Mix HP or BX soillesss with hydro nutrients. My soil evolved from me doing the same thing, but wanting to get into soil nutrients. I wanted the fast wet-dry cycles of soilless, but not be exactly soilless. It's a very light soil. I don't know if you can use your hydro nutrients in that. It wouldn't leverage the soil's nature (bypassing the microbes, feeding the roots directly). I recommend you use my nutrient schedule too. Or, some other product meant for soil. (The hydro bottles say they can be used in soil. But... I think there's a reason the soil products aren't used in hydro. I'd lean that direction, more toward real soil nutrients.).

You don't have to go big into it either. Just grow 1-2 plants that way, see how it works. Do the other plants your current way. What you have now seems to work great. No reason to change. (It would be interesting if you notice a difference in taste. I an my friends noticed a very distinct smoothness/richness/deepness to the smoke compared to the GH Flora 3-part I was feeding in soilless. The hydro nutrients/soilless seemed t create brigther/sharper flavor notes. But, also had that hit in the back f the throat (compulsive cough). The more soil/organic buds didn't have that. That would be a reason to just grow just a couple plants and compare the taste. All you need is the Kellogg Patio Plus. You already use the Pro-Mix and additional perlite. I have tub of Sea Grow. I could mail you a cup to try.

It grows very well, though. Rarely a problem. Lush green growth. I never ph it. But, that might depend on the water. I mix RO & tap to get 150ppm (+/- 50). When the plant fills the container, it will dry in 2 days. Not more than 3.

Steve705

Steve705

If I recall, you're using Pro-Mix HP or BX soillesss with hydro nutrients. My soil evolved from me doing the same thing, but wanting to get into soil nutrients. I wanted the fast wet-dry cycles of soilless, but not be exactly soilless. It's a very light soil. I don't know if you can use your hydro nutrients in that. It wouldn't leverage the soil's nature (bypassing the microbes, feeding the roots directly). I recommend you use my nutrient schedule too. Or, some other product meant for soil. (The hydro bottles say they can be used in soil. But... I think there's a reason the soil products aren't used in hydro. I'd lean that direction, more toward real soil nutrients.).

You don't have to go big into it either. Just grow 1-2 plants that way, see how it works. Do the other plants your current way. What you have now seems to work great. No reason to change. (It would be interesting if you notice a difference in taste. I an my friends noticed a very distinct smoothness/richness/deepness to the smoke compared to the GH Flora 3-part I was feeding in soilless. The hydro nutrients/soilless seemed t create brigther/sharper flavor notes. But, also had that hit in the back f the throat (compulsive cough). The more soil/organic buds didn't have that. That would be a reason to just grow just a couple plants and compare the taste. All you need is the Kellogg Patio Plus. You already use the Pro-Mix and additional perlite. I have tub of Sea Grow. I could mail you a cup to try.

It grows very well, though. Rarely a problem. Lush green growth. I never ph it. But, that might depend on the water. I mix RO & tap to get 150ppm (+/- 50).
Just using the promix BX (M). Using rainwater. Hydro nutrients added( says it’s good for soil too ) Feeding at 6.1-6.2PH/ TDS@600ish. Runoff at 10% with around 800-900 TDS. They are 7 weeks old. No additions have been made to the soil. Outdoor auto Flowers. Seems to be doing pretty good other then a small cal-mag def from using rainwater ( wasn’t supplementing enough calcium into feedings ). I just hate how it takes forever to dry out. Usually 4-5 days. I Want to try something different each grow. Your mixture sounds pretty good. I might tweak it a little but use it as a guideline haha

az2000

az2000

Just using the promix BX (M). Using rainwater. Hydro nutrients added( says it’s good for soil too ) Feeding at 6.1-6.2PH/ TDS@600ish. Runoff at 10% with around 800-900 TDS. They are 7 weeks old. No additions have been made to the soil. Outdoor auto Flowers. Seems to be doing pretty good other then a small cal-mag def from using rainwater ( wasn’t supplementing enough calcium into feedings ). I just hate how it takes forever to dry out. Usually 4-5 days. I Want to try something different each grow. Your mixture sounds pretty good. I might tweak it a little but use it as a guideline haha

When I grew soilless with Pro-Mix HP, I added 25% perlite. It dried in 2 days (in my climate, anyway). That could be a factor with yours. Also, BX has vermiculite and less perlite. Vermiculite retains water. So, that could be a factor too.

The only thing I can vouch for is my soil mix the way it is, using the nutrients I use. It may work well with hydro nutrients, and/or BX, and or something else. But, it might not either. I haven't changed anything for 5 years because it just works well the way it's setup. I'm going to experiment with some variations (mainly to substitute a more generic/consumer medium for Pro-Mix HP, which is more of a specialty-shop item.). I've also not been thrilled with the barky consistency Patio Plus brings to it. But.... it *works*. I'm almost superstitious about changing anything. You can. But.... I don't know how it would work.

Steve705

Steve705

When I grew soilless with Pro-Mix HP, I added 25% perlite. It dried in 2 days (in my climate, anyway). That could be a factor with yours. Also, BX has vermiculite and less perlite. Vermiculite retains water. So, that could be a factor too.

The only thing I can vouch for is my soil mix the way it is, using the nutrients I use. It may work well with hydro nutrients, and/or BX, and or something else. But, it might not either. I haven't changed anything for 5 years because it just works well the way it's setup. I'm going to experiment with some variations (mainly to substitute a more generic/consumer medium for Pro-Mix HP, which is more of a specialty-shop item.). I've also not been thrilled with the barky consistency Patio Plus brings to it. But.... it *works*. I'm almost superstitious about changing anything. You can. But.... I don't know how it would work.
I’ll let you know what I come up with. Going to do a little experiment as well. My next grow is going to be pretty extensive. I think I’ll start a grow journal next one.

az2000

az2000

I’ll let you know what I come up with. Going to do a little experiment as well. My next grow is going to be pretty extensive. I think I’ll start a grow journal next one.

I think @Jimster does essentially the same thing, but uses compost (when I use Kellogg Patio Plus). That might be worth comparing. He uses BX (when I use HP which has 35% perlite. I add 22% more perlite). I think he said he waters infrequently too (you said your unmodified BX dries slowly). You already have most of what you'd need for that. (I don't recall if he adds perlite.).

Last edited:
basscaptain

basscaptain

some of it will be here on the 9th and rest on the 11th , I got a 2x2 tent also to run leds in so i have 2 tents coming,

sry my bad I have what you order and a 36x36 tent coming for leds

Last edited:
basscaptain

basscaptain

it was 50 bucks free shipping from the same place as the 4x4

Top Bottom