Back Again, With New Setup!

• Thread starter stickythumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickythumb

stickythumb

Hahaha, odd ball is looking really good. Won't be long and I will have these in their final pots. Possibly this weekend, not for sure though. Purchased Ffof soil, grow big and big bloom the other day. I'm predicting at least another 3 weeks and I will sort out the stragglers and/or males, cutting the final to 4 plants.

stickythumb

stickythumb

Awesome brother. I started on fox farms myself i can try and dig out my old flower recipe if you wana check it out.pretty sure i had the whole dirty dozen towards the end.i did get good results with it tho!
Right on dude, I'm hoping for a good harvest this round.

stickythumb

stickythumb

Well I'm gonna have to wait for transplanting...it's ridiculous how hard it is to find regular 3 gal. plastic pots where I live. I might have to go with 2.5 gal instead, that should be okay, right?

stickythumb

stickythumb

Final 4 transplanted to their final home, they look happy, transplant went smoothly, let the growing begin!

20170502 092919
20170502 092929
stickythumb

stickythumb

Ffof, I have heard will get me through my vegetative growth, I only plan on vegging for about a month, due to height restrictions.During this time I will lst all the plants. Now, my question is, how far into flowering do I want to start using flowering nutes?

stickythumb

stickythumb

Agh looks like i burnt all my flower charts.i will tell you half strength is a good place to start with FF. I would keep the Big bloom as a base nutrient.its totally organic i would run it veg thru flower.grow big is primary veg nutrient.still use first 2 weeks of flower then drop. Tiger bloom primary flower nutrient.only used during flower. I think you may want to pick up some BEMBE. Its made by bushwhacker/FOXFARMS,its an excellent sweetener.i have a tub full of FF i never finished! Wish you were in MA id give it all to ya free!
Great info man, thank you so much!

stickythumb

stickythumb

Bet they are getting some good legs under them now!whats your watering schedule? Daily still? Eventually you will have to switch to a every other day or so to allow the soil to dry ,partially.this allows the roots to seeks out water and nutes.so they grow as the medium dries in a way!keep up the good work!
Watered yesterday and gave them a good drink...made sure to lift my pots after they were full so I know the weight difference from when they are dry. 75.8 degrees inside of tent..Rh is 45-50%, they're loving it!

stickythumb

stickythumb

Ok, so I ended up watering today. Went back down to check on the plants and saw a bunch of little white-clearish bugs jumping all over, are these little bastards gnats?

Really hard to get a pic of them because they're so small, so I didn't even try, what I did do for now is lay down some duct tape sticky side up to try and catch those little fuckers! Any advice on getting rid of them? My soil was already dry, so they're not do to overwatering.

Dunge

Dunge

Gnat larva are clear little worms.
I'd start hitting them with neem based products ASAP.

stickythumb

stickythumb

I literally watched them come up to the top of the soil around the edges of the pot while I was finishing up watering the plants, there were a lot of them, I've heard that Fox Farm ocean forest soil has had problems with gnats.

stickythumb

stickythumb

Or do you think they could be springtails...the way they act is more towards springtails. They aren't on top of the soil, they only come out when i start watering and they jump instead of fly?

stickythumb

stickythumb

Yup biggest problem with FFOF. BUGS! I use dead dug by captain jack i believe.its "organic" but it always gets rid of them for me.cant mix into a watering or spray direct onto soil. Get them now before they mature and get wings them you are really fucked! Also i would water to the point of run off at least once a week or you risk building up salts from nutrients. Good eye tho man,sound like you got them early enough.
Would gnats constantly be on top of soil or flying around? What I have recede back into the soil afterwards.

stickythumb

stickythumb

Larvae live only in the soil.they come up during watering because they are drowning. Pretty sure they hop or jump. I like to water and then spray them directly when they are on top.then do a surface spray again following day. As for the mature,flying adult gnats.sticky traps if you have a big problem.i like to spray when soil is dry for adult gnats.they tend to bed down in top layer of soil when soil is dry.spraying top of soil cuts of their escape, exposing them before they fly off. You can make some dirty cheap vinegar traps ,check utube for more on that
Thanks man! It's crazy because now, they are nowhere to be found. I will make some vinegar traps and see if that helps. None of them were larvae, but looked like little fleas, idk, I figure something out

stickythumb

stickythumb

Ok, so I have identified my pests to be fungus gnats...I am going to buy some mosquito bits, soak them in water and then use said water to feed, I'm really hoping this kills the larvae. I have also purchased sticky traps to get the fliers.
Hahaha, they have no idea what's coming!

Top Bottom