• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Strangeone

Strangeone

20170804 161718

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Nice, nice, garden. Love the setup.

Im no expert, far from it, so don't take my word for it. Those all look like Indica, or Indica leaning plants to me. I only know what I've grown or help grow. All the Sativa leaning girls I've personally been a part of raising have had fewer fingers and much narrower leaves at that height, ie, the Blue Dream I grew last year and my Orange Creamsicle this year. My Creamsicle are budding and only have 5 fingers.

Yours look a lot like the various Kush were growing this year and like the Guerrilla Glue I grew last year. Because you trained them they're stacked nice and tight so maybe thats why they look Kush to me. Again, I'm no expert, this is just an uneducated opinion. There is so much to learn, even after several years of growing large yeild gardens my head is still swimming with new information.

Those are beautys. I hope your third goes female too. If I were more southern like you I'd definitely take advantage of the ability to grow primo Sativa. My absolute favorite kind of herb. I can grow Sour Diesel up here but what I wouldn't give to grow some Durban Poison.

Looking forward to watching your plants mature.

Strangeone

Strangeone

Some shots of my Sativa-hybrids vs Kush when little. I was bending too. My Sativa shot off multiple, almost equal size stalks when bent, the Kush were very resistant and held to the Christmas tree form.

View attachment 727878View attachment 727879
Hey thanks a lot, yeah two of mine are holding form quite well but the one I thought was sativa dominant is taking off out of control..i might have to remove it from the greenhouse, it's trying to over take my other plant's..but anyways thanks a lot for all your info..as you know they're just bagseeds And the guy I bought the bag from said it was gsc...yeah right! Lol all 3 of my girl's look completely different from one another and hope they're all female.. I would like to see some more pics of yours if you don't mind And thanks again smithsjunk I appreciate it man

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hey thanks a lot, yeah two of mine are holding form quite well but the one I thought was sativa dominant is taking off out of control..i might have to remove it from the greenhouse, it's trying to over take my other plant's..but anyways thanks a lot for all your info..as you know they're just bagseeds And the guy I bought the bag from said it was gsc...yeah right! Lol all 3 of my girl's look completely different from one another and hope they're all female.. I would like to see some more pics of yours if you don't mind And thanks again smithsjunk I appreciate it man

Hey, you're welcome. With all this interbreeding for traits going on, once they get a step or two out from the landrace it can be really hard to tell. At least, for me it is. The one that took off early, would be my guess for a Sativa. That's what I've seen them do.

I have kept taking pictures of them every few days since the beginning. Let me know how many weeks along and I'll hunt them up for you. Here's some just for you...

You see only 3-5 fingers on the Orange Creamsicle even after 2 weeks into flower, left, the Royal Nepal Kush developed 7 fingers after the third set, right
1502672795605 1437383019
1502672869134 461481150

Base of the Sativa dominant, with multiple woody stalks, top view

Kush (Indica), maintained its single primary stalk even after being bent, side view
1502673241639 1590839752

Strangeone

Strangeone

Hey, you're welcome. With all this interbreeding for traits going on, once they get a step or two out from the landrace it can be really hard to tell. At least, for me it is. The one that took off early, would be my guess for a Sativa. That's what I've seen them do.

I have kept taking pictures of them every few days since the beginning. Let me know how many weeks along and I'll hunt them up for you. Here's some just for you...

You see only 3-5 fingers on the Orange Creamsicle even after 2 weeks into flower, left, the Royal Nepal Kush developed 7 fingers after the third set, right
View attachment 729562 View attachment 729563

View attachment 729566
Kush (Indica), maintained its single primary stalk even after being bent, side view
View attachment 729570
My plant's are 2 months and 4 days old,And that one plant stretched bad it's spaced out pretty far between nodes,but the other 2 are looking nice and tight...;)

1502674742394 1345023885
1502674878793 805257455
Strangeone

Strangeone

View attachment 729562 View attachment 729563

View attachment 729566
View attachment 729570
That's the stalk of the strung out girl..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That's the stalk of the strung out girl..

Yup, still looks Indica to me.

I don't see anything wrong with a bit of stretching, especially in outdoor plants. More room to breath and more light. I would be concerned about how exposed those roots are. Are you watering close to the base of the stalk? I use a rainshower type of nozzle that doesn't easily move soil and has the bonus of airrating the water as well. Another thing I've found that helps is putting a layer of expanded clay around the base. Would help you in a dry area. The pellets sluff off the extra water because they only absorb so much, they keep the soil moist, keep the weeds easy to pull, and help stop soil erosion above the roots. You can see them in the pictures I posted. They wash away a bit over time but they were great when the plants were small under hot sun.

Your plants look very healthy to me. You're doing a great job. I'd be pleased if they were mine.

Strangeone

Strangeone

Yup, still looks Indica to me.

I don't see anything wrong with a bit of stretching, especially in outdoor plants. More room to breath and more light. I would be concerned about how exposed those roots are. Are you watering close to the base of the stalk? I use a rainshower type of nozzle that doesn't easily move soil and has the bonus of airrating the water as well. Another thing I've found that helps is putting a layer of expanded clay around the base. Would help you in a dry area. The pellets sluff off the extra water because they only absorb so much, they keep the soil moist, keep the weeds easy to pull, and help stop soil erosion above the roots. You can see them in the pictures I posted. They wash away a bit over time but they were great when the plants were small under hot sun.

Your plants look very healthy to me. You're doing a great job. I'd be pleased if they were mine.
Thanks a lot smithsjunk, I also use a rain shower when I water, but the way I have everything set up I can only water down the middle, it did make me a little nervous seeing the roots exposed like that...is there anything I can do about that now? I really appreciate all your input.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks a lot smithsjunk, I also use a rain shower when I water, but the way I have everything set up I can only water down the middle, it did make me a little nervous seeing the roots exposed like that...is there anything I can do about that now? I really appreciate all your input.

I am a novice, these are just my thoughts.

Little bit of soil. Layer of expanded clay pellets on top. If you keep your water pressure down, allow it to drain as you water, they should hold in place fairly well. It'll protect those roots better. Right now they are very exposed to disease, bacteria, pests, fungus, etc...

It may be stunting your growth, stressing the plant.

Cannabis may be stronger than that but in my general gardening experience, exposed roots are no bueno.

Covering should also help keep your plant (s) cooler.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom