Back To Growing

• Thread starter Strangeone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rcubed

Rcubed

Oh, I didn't know they were in bud. It won't hurt the plants but it might make the buds not so desirable. It'll leave a taste in the smoke. If you do it just use 1 oz per gallon every 14 days. You're safe with spraying dish soap in water but it won't have a lasting effect so you'll have to re-apply. There's a trade-off using too much stuff to battle these bugs. I guess I'd try the dish soap and water solution unless the bugs are annihilating the plants.

Strangeone

Strangeone

Oh, I didn't know they were in bud. It won't hurt the plants but it might make the buds not so desirable. It'll leave a taste in the smoke. If you do it just use 1 oz per gallon every 14 days. You're safe with spraying dish soap in water but it won't have a lasting effect so you'll have to re-apply. There's a trade-off using too much stuff to battle these bugs. I guess I'd try the dish soap and water solution unless the bugs are annihilating the plants.
Awesome! Thanks man.. I appreciate all your help..

Strangeone

Strangeone

How about rubbing it on instead of spraying? Maybe wet a paper towel and rub it on the stems and leaves so you don't get it in your smoke.
That is a good idea, thanks farmer P they have only hit my lower leaves so far, I was thinking about getting some of that safe soap??

Farmer P

Farmer P

Strangeone

Strangeone

Farmer P

Farmer P

It might be worth a try. If it don't work you may have to spray. I hate the idea of spraying my buds with anything, but you gotta do what you gotta do to not lose the crop. Preventative maintenance would be ideal. Pay extra attention to any areas that seem have more damage.

Strangeone

Strangeone

It might be worth a try. If it don't work you may have to spray. I hate the idea of spraying my buds with anything, but you gotta do what you gotta do to not lose the crop. Preventative maintenance would be ideal. Pay extra attention to any areas that seem have more damage.
Man!!I hate to think about spraying my buds!! But I appreciate all your help farmer P

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm a few weeks into flower and I just did my second and final spray of Azamax (made from Neem). This stuff is amazing. The first dose eradicated the already hatched two spot spider mites. Over the last 6 days they've steadily dwindled in numbers to maybe 1 in every 50 fans I checked. And the Azamax smelk was gone in two days. There were a lot of new nymphs when I looked before I sprayed today but only one adult. I don't expect to see very many again, if any at all. The adults I saw might have been dead. I didn't use a scope.

Azamax is safe and no need to hand wipe leaves. A Hudson sprayer works with a fine mist or solid spray. After you spray you'll get why Neem works, phewee! I am confident it didn't hurt my flowers. Crop saving stuff.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Man!!I hate to think about spraying my buds!! But I appreciate all your help farmer P

FYI, Captain Jacks is useless against spider mites. Tried it and it actually made the infestation worse. They started spinning webs the next day, there were no webs before that.

If you're going to use Neem, then use Azamax. Awesome stuff. I'm finally winning the war against my two spot mites with it. About $19 for 4oz, and that did two sprays on 6 plants, 5 of which are over 6' tall and 5' wide. Wirks on lacebugs too. Here are pictures of the label and targeted bugs...

The first time I sprayed with long sleeves and a bandana around my face. This time I did it in tank top and shorts. The stuff is not really dangerous as long as you're careful not to drink it, lol.
1503465390044 1143783233

1503465506941 1512711251

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

...oh, and when I sprayed the first time I used the highest dose. Today I used it near the lowest dose which I'm pretty sure will do the trick so I'd rather stink them up less. I wouldn't use this near the end of the flower cycle just because it stinks. Better to harvest and wash off the bugs, imo.

Top Bottom