Back

• Thread starter MushinNoShin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

dup farmers, took a break from the forum scene for a minute, but decided to come back. Have a lot of new projects I'm working on and am excited to share with everyone what I've been up to. My interests? Biology/botany, chemistry, inheritance/heredity/genetics... I literally have no interests that do not pertain to growing and/or breeding in some manner....it consumes my life. Kinda sad really, now that I think about it, lol. This is my passion/obsession, it's my way of life.

For those of you who share this passion/addiction/obsession, wut it do? Get at me!

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

Sup man welcome back! Yes I agree with ya 100% everything else I do secondary to my passion. It makes me happy to know we are helping people while doing it though!!!

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Howdy and welcome back...we can never have too many individuals like yourself. Currently researching chromosome modifications...leaf splitting...trilateral branching and warping.
My man! So good to see someone not freaking out about "GMOs" (no disrespect to anyone's personal beliefs). What's your method of modification? What are the goals of your research? I actually plan on getting into agricultural genetic engineering as my end career goal... That's a few degrees away, tho (as I'm still working on my bachelors, lol). I have a feeling we'll get along :)

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

This is actually the first time I've heard of trilateral branching, so my interest is peaked :D

If you are talking about the strange half leaf stripping/variegated leaf pattern thing that happens (in regards to "leaf splitting"), I have a Chemdog D with the trait. After testing a few hypotheses (over the last 2 years or so) I have come to believe it is environmentally induced and have some pretty interesting data. I've been able to eliminate and induce the expression at will in my Chemdog D.

indicabush

indicabush

Howdy Mushin..Trilateral branching short and sweet..Instead of 2 branches 1 at each side of the stem (180 degrees apart) a 3rd branch develops at the same region but the stem does not split or even top itself (curious huh). Are you familiar with whorled phylotaxy? Came across this while growing some unknown Sativa seeds a couple of years ago.

As for my goals in this research, well it's in regards to Cannabis Botany and Genetics. I like to create my own strains for personal use from time to time. No interest in marketing them we have enough hybrids out there.

I'm self taught and became curious about this by accident quite some time ago. Always willing to learn from others like yourself. Modification method I keep to myself, but in the future may trade notes. Look forward to your future posts.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Howdy Mushin..Trilateral branching short and sweet..Instead of 2 branches 1 at each side of the stem (180 degrees apart) a 3rd branch develops at the same region but the stem does not split or even top itself (curious huh). Are you familiar with whorled phylotaxy? Came across this while growing some unknown Sativa seeds a couple of years ago.

As for my goals in this research, well it's in regards to Cannabis Botany and Genetics. I like to create my own strains for personal use from time to time. No interest in marketing them we have enough hybrids out there.

I'm self taught and became curious about this by accident quite some time ago. Always willing to learn from others like yourself. Modification method I keep to myself, but in the future may trade notes. Look forward to your future posts.
Pardon the enthusiasm, I've been deprived of conversation with people who share my passion lately, lol. I believe I am vaguely familiar with whorled phylotaxy, but know it by "trifoliate leaf expression"? I believe it was Loran who once told me he was inducing trifoliate leaf expression simply by adding wood ash to the soil (amazing individual, btw!). I look forward to collaboration!

Here is the Chemdog D I was talking about (believe the photo was taken around week 8), I'll be harvesting her tonight :)

And here is some GDP extract from trim that my buddy is heat treating

indicabush

indicabush

Great looking pics...trifoliate leaf expression as I recall is in regard to alternating leaf pattern arranged on the stem.
Trilateral branching is in reference to branching on the stalk, and now that I think about it the term "whorled phyllotaxy could be used for both expressions.

Don't mind the enthusiasm...I myself don't find many fond of these discussions. I'm sure that there are some on the farm, but haven't actively pursued.

I'm not familiar with Loran. Are they someone I should look up? Wood ash to the soil...I can see how that would effect ph levels (acidity) and possibly sweeten the soil.

I'll be following you for further collaborations...we have similar curiosities...maybe we can discuss Genetic Equilibrium Theory and its Application.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Great looking pics...trifoliate leaf expression as I recall is in regard to alternating leaf pattern arranged on the stem.
Trilateral branching is in reference to branching on the stalk, and now that I think about it the term "whorled phyllotaxy could be used for both expressions.

Don't mind the enthusiasm...I myself don't find many fond of these discussions. I'm sure that there are some on the farm, but haven't actively pursued.

I'm not familiar with Loran. Are they someone I should look up? Wood ash to the soil...I can see how that would effect ph levels (acidity) and possibly sweeten the soil.

I'll be following you for further collaborations...we have similar curiosities...maybe we can discuss Genetic Equilibrium Theory and its Application.
He's a breeder, very kind and talented person. I always figured that I would need a much larger population and run open pollinations to have any real-world applications of the hardy weinberg model, so never looked too deeply into it, but would love to hear your experiences with it.

I run indo and selectively breed, try my best to avoid open pollination, lol.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I've only been doing this for a few years (4 or 5?), so I'm not an expert by an means. I'm just a guy with a humble hard-on for genetics and breeding and I do my thing. No substitution for experience, so any data/info y'all are willing to share, I am much obliged :)

Top Bottom