Bad Box Of “go” Nutes

• Thread starter Kepp89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
this is what i'd have to select from. i emailed them asking if they have aact and then found this thing called a search bar. https://hydropros.com/search?type=article,page,product&q=compost*+tea*

i imagine none of them are aact and i dont really have the desire to make my own unless its the only thing that will bring my plant back to healthy status. i was thinking of filling a pasta strainer with soil (fresh) and soaking it in a pasta pan with distilled water for 8 hours (as many gallons as i can get in there) then use that to water my plant and pull anything it can from that soil. is that too hopeful?

Worm castings is the next best option. If you can get some fairly fresh worm casting and to dress the pot with half a cup or so.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Lol as soon as I hit post reply with the pics I realized a zoomed out pic wasn’t taken...figured that was gonna be needed. Here they are.

I investigate for bugs daily. Flipping over the leaves. No trails anywhere, no moving dots so I think it’s pest free. There’s a few fan blades that look perfect. I only open my tent after a shower and clean clothes. I have 2 cats so I need to be extra extra cautious. I even use lice shampoo to be safe lmao.

Thanks
Yo.. you growing in a clear pot? Just noticed in the pic something looks strange. If lights getting at your soil that is no good at all. Algae and other such bullroar will become an issue for sure

Kepp89

Kepp89

It’s a fabric pot I just have aluminum tape on the top 1” or so

I had clay pellets in there but got irritated by them when I did a slurry test. So I took them all out.

Should I put clay pebbles back? I still have some in the bag.

Ah that clear thing. That’s just what I set it on to take a picture.

Last edited:
H

Highkev

I dont like to admit this to many people, but my local elementary school has a teaching garden with 3 rotated compost bins and one is always good to go. I usually roll in there under the cover of darkness and steal a couple cups worth for making my compost teas.
ahahhahahahahahhaha

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Dude. What type of soil do you use? If you're using miracle grow that's probably part of your problem.

Also my first grow ever I did not use any plant food. I simply watered with seaweed extract and real growers recharge every single watering. Plants came out pretty good.

Next time you mix up your soil try adding some compost & worm castings and @ Home Depot they sell amendments for soil that you'll be able to add to increase the nutrient levels in the soils while still keeping your plant in good shape.
Also when feeding try to water with plain water in between feedings. Just like human plants only "eat" a certain amount the rest of the nutrients either sit there in the soil or run out the bottom. So you want to sort of flush the plant with 2 regular water feeds so when you're adding nutes again you're less likely to overdo it or have a feeding issue

Kepp89

Kepp89

Dude. What type of soil do you use? If you're using miracle grow that's probably part of your problem.

Also my first grow ever I did not use any plant food. I simply watered with seaweed extract and real growers recharge every single watering. Plants came out pretty good.

Next time you mix up your soil try adding some compost & worm castings and @ Home Depot they sell amendments for soil that you'll be able to add to increase the nutrient levels in the soils while still keeping your plant in good shape.
Also when feeding try to water with plain water in between feedings. Just like human plants only "eat" a certain amount the rest of the nutrients either sit there in the soil or run out the bottom. So you want to sort of flush the plant with 2 regular water feeds so when you're adding nutes again you're less likely to overdo it or have a feeding issue
yeah i heavily fubard my soil. i have this soil so all i should need is nutes/extras for flowering. but i forgot about that because i guess one day i decided that i needed nutes - probably just really wanted to do some gardening work maybe. then a few weeks after that when i realized what i did i found this website to get help from. then flushed. but i flushed wrong and instead soaked the hell out of it for 3 days straight. then realized i had bad nutes anyways. all chunky. so yeah the soil i buy is good but the soil i turned it into is shit.

i have fresh soil for the next go around though. only 1 tent/setup

she looks great when i take her out of the grow light. but in the grow light i can see all sorts of things that makes it not an appealing plant.

Kepp89

Kepp89

Worm castings is the next best option. If you can get some fairly fresh worm casting and to dress the pot with half a cup or so.

thank you. and i need a lesson on reading. i didnt see your recommendation until now. but i used 4 cups, soaked in water and stirred. layered the top with the soaked castings then watered with that water. went back to her today and she filled out like i gave her steroids. first time in a few weeks where i went "damn, you grew a lot!" when i opened the tent

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
4 cups wont Hurt it. It will cause it to grow like the dickens tho.! lol

Kepp89

Kepp89

With that soil, you should be fine to just use your water with no ph adjustments at all. But when you do add nutrients in flower, adjust it if necessary to 6-6.5. I like to slowly increase the ph as flower progresses. I'll start around 6.0 in week 1, week 3 - 6.2ph, week 6 -6.3ph, week 7 - 6.5ph etc. Its just how I do it, There are a few halfbaked reasons why but I wont get Into that. Anywhere in that range is fine. You might not need to adjust it at all.

And dont go by a number of hours or days to judge when to water. Get to know the weight of the pot by feel. Lift it up every day. You'll notice when its lighter and needs water. Honestly at this stage your probably better off watering once every 4-5 days. The roots need air just as much as they need water.

When to flip, that has more to do with the size of your space than quality of the buds. I like to flip when my plants have filled the available canopy area by about 80-85% give or take.
You mention “with that soil” and no one else has so I assume you know a little something something about it. And it’s a soil I’m sticking with for a while. So if ya don’t mind some help with nutes in flower. I used B52 twice and had little burn on some leaves which have since passed on. The most recent time I saw no burn so I think nute levels are low.

I purchased FloraNova Bloom 4-8-7 and plan to use 1/4 strength after 1 more pure h2o watering. Does that seem like a good plan? Or should I maybe also mix 1/8 dose of B52 along with a 1/4 of the Bloom for maximum overdrive? Or skip the pure h2o idea? I want to force these buds to get big af and healthy as an ox. I have fish fert and calmag but haven’t used either since early in veg when I nuked my soil with the bad nutes.

I also tonight just changed to a 600w led from a 300w led so hopefully that doesn’t disturb anything too much.

Recent pic sucks I can get one tomorrow/later today. So no —- good pic

Thank you... and if anyone else knows anything about this soil (reds bio char), my ears are open. I researched it for a while when I bought it but it seemed to be mainly commercial growers.

6FD47295 B0F7 4929 8CB2 781271637F0D
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You mention “with that soil” and no one else has so I assume you know a little something something about it. And it’s a soil I’m sticking with for a while. So if ya don’t mind some help with nutes in flower. I used B52 twice and had little burn on some leaves which have since passed on. The most recent time I saw no burn so I think nute levels are low.

I purchased FloraNova Bloom 4-8-7 and plan to use 1/4 strength after 1 more pure h2o watering. Does that seem like a good plan? Or should I maybe also mix 1/8 dose of B52 along with a 1/4 of the Bloom for maximum overdrive? Or skip the pure h2o idea? I want to force these buds to get big af and healthy as an ox. I have fish fert and calmag but haven’t used either since early in veg when I nuked my soil with the bad nutes.

I also tonight just changed to a 600w led from a 300w led so hopefully that doesn’t disturb anything too much.

Recent pic sucks I can get one tomorrow/later today. So no —- good pic

Thank you... and if anyone else knows anything about this soil (reds bio char), my ears are open. I researched it for a while when I bought it but it seemed to be mainly commercial growers.

I just quickly googled that soil, I havent actually used it but I saw it does contain nutrients, it's not soiless so just needs to be handled a bit differently.

I would skip the b52 and stick with a low dose of floranova bloom at around half strength on a feed feed water cycle, and use the fish fertilizer at half strength on the water cycle feeding.

And dont take this the wrong way, but I think you over pruned that plant quite a bit. Next grow you should leave more growth on each branch. You'll get a much better yield and won't stress the plants nearly as much. You wont make up all the weight you removed by trying to grow bigger single tops.

Kepp89

Kepp89

Ok thanks I’m glad I bought the mini b52.

Yeah I want to know the quality of 1 bud site per branch. I’m a fan of quality over quantity. I def pissed her off though thats for sure

Top Bottom