Bad cal/mag batch

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

herijuana

Premium Member
Supporter
I forgot to post this a few weeks back. I bought a bottle of Botanica's cal mag. After 3 days my og's looked worse.

hey what did you do to fix the problem? same thing just happened to me with the botanica's cal mag i didn't know what the hell happened to the garden.. now i do. i just gave plain water look like nute burn. thanks man for the info.

H

herijuana

Premium Member
Supporter
I forgot to post this a few weeks back. I bought a bottle of Botanica's cal mag. After 3 days my og's looked worse.

hey what did you do to fix the problem? same thing just happened to me with the botanica's cal mag i didn't know what the hell happened to the garden.. now i do. i just gave plain water look like nute burn. thanks man for the info.

J

Jalisco Kid

I used some cal nitrate and mag sulfate which is what I normally use. I just had to wait for local nursery to open. My girls were beat up by me trying everything else assuming my cal mag was cal mag. They are now finally greened up and starting to move onward.
That's why I love growing. No matter how long I have been at it a simple little plant can humble my ass. JK

S

snowkitty

My first (and last) bottle of Botanicare Cal/Mag ran out. I was thinking about using the Techniflora MagiCal since that seemed anecdotally to be the most popular by farmers who commented on this thread. But I am broke beyond broke so mixing up my own sounds very attractive right now.

JK, I think you told me that if I am using RO water I should be adding back in tap water to get to 150ppm. If I lived in a metropolitan area that would be OK but I am in a rural area. I think my water district has three separate sources so my water is very inconsistent and has chlorine and/or those other chloromate(sp?) things in it. I don't want to add it back.

So can I follow the advice you give here and buy calcium nitrate, magnesium sulfate, and fulvic acid to do this? And then add my A and B on top of this? Right now I am using Super Veg A and B from Super Nutrients.

What you want is around 150ppm of C and 65 of Mg. I also throw in fulvic acid around 65 ppm. You can run this through a nute calculator to figure out how many grams of the minerals you need.

MAP = Mono-Ammonium Phosphate. Ah-ha! :animal0048:

og dmc

og dmc

You know what, PBP and cal mag was a good product. Lately I have been having too many issues with it. I think it is time to switch for good. I think they have been dicking around with the formula.

T

tdk

thanks for the heads up JK.

ive always used a mixture of epsom salt and warm water. from what ive read cal-mag was the product to get if i ever wanted to upgrade which was what i was goin to do when this box of salt ran out.

J

Jalisco Kid

tdk your missing the C using just epson salts. If you are using LA water I would guess you do not need it. Its (calcium) a good addition to most formulas. JK

T

tdk

i run dwc a la blazeoneup. heres my nute lineup loosely based on the lucas formula.

-gh micro
-gh bloom
-gh up/down
-gh koolbloom liquid for early flower
-gh koolbloom power for late
-epsom salt
-bontanicare hydroguard
have about another gallon of hydroguard to go before i need to look for something else. i heard they discontinued/renamed this stuff and i cant see myself running my system without it. i use this stuff as more a preventive measure, something to keep in ur first aid kit.

-superthrive
i bought a 1 gallon bottle of this stuff when i first started cloning. it was recommended to me, but i dont think ill be picking up another one when its gone. just doesnt seem worthwhile.

E

easypleasie

I wish I had found this thread earlier. Totally explains the problems I was having with Botanicare's cal-mag. But it also told me which strains were more sensitive to the low amounts. My lone og suffered a bit but not near as bad as the one unknown strain I was running. Leaves completely drying up like it was during a flush. My nuskas held up the best but i'm sure it had some kind of impact overall. Glad I ran out of that shit. Man, what a relief to have some kind of explanation for it all. Thanks for the post, JK. lol i'm still looking for those links about the activated carbon and i'm finding all these great posts from you. Keep it coming, bro!

J

JUNGLEOFEDEN

iv had to send a bottle of pbp back cus it was messing with my ph big time and they sent me a new bottle no problems

resinryder

resinryder

You know I haven't had a problem with the CalMag, but have been having a problem with gross looking crap floating around my res after adding Liquid Karma. Kinda looks like snotty wet tissue paper. Never had this happen before but has happened on my last 2 bottles of the product. Anyone else having similar problems?

Top Bottom