Baffled boomer here first timer.

• Thread starter BoboGrower0813
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BoboGrower0813

MBE's are beneficial microbes. At first, I hesitated to purchase the Fish Sh!t because it's not exactly cheap. Now, I won't grow without it. I've picked up a few tips from @ComfortablyNumb here and there ... He's usually spot on with what he says or recommends. Recharge isn't cheap either. It's good stuff, but at least with that there are other brands out there that might be easier to find and/or cheaper. Michigan has been legal for a long time for med card holders to grow their own, and now with legal recreational most products are easily found in local brick and mortar grow stores.
I love the Neptunes harvest fish and seaweed concentrated emulsion. It is very concentrated and goes a long way. About 16 ounces will feed half a dozen heavy feeders like tomatoes, cukes, eggplant, peppers, etc. for a whole growing season.

It goes for about $35 a gallon, but I get a 5 gallon container from my farm supply outlet for $105, and then share with friends and neighbors that only need a pint or a gallon or so.

my cousin owns an organic farm in Waterford Connecticut and he helped me up my game with beneficial microbes, etc. I add humeric to the beds and potting mix and even throw some in my Compost. Plus I give all my plants a monthly drink of Actinovate.

My soil is very rich with organic matter, loaded with earth worms, and hopefully abundant in beneficial microbes.

B

BoboGrower0813

Worms are the best.
MBE's = Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes. These make your soil 'living' and it will feed the plants for you, all you have to do is water.
We also filter our water. A Pur or Brita filter is all you need. We use a basic counter top carbon filter. Very easy to change filters and simple to hook up.
We use a Zero Water. Much better than the Brita we had. And I figure if it’s good enough for me to drink, it’s good enough for the little ladies in the greenhouse.

B

BoboGrower0813

That's pretty accurate. I have 2 of them. One has the usb cord to connect to my phone. The other connects wirelessly. They look and function exactly the same except one has a wire and the other doesn't. About $20 for the corded one. About $30 for the cordless one. Either would be a good investment.
Ordering one tonight. Thanks.

Dye

Dye

I have a pretty big organic garden and intend to tuck a few plants in among the corn and other tall growers for camouflage this coming spring. Looking forward to trying my hand at outdoor growing, as this is what I have been doing successfully with vegetables for many years now.

One thing I am concerned about is controlling the weather, rain, humidity which is horrible here on Long Island in the summer, and all the outdoor airborne molds and mildews that are almost impossible to avoid completely.

Looks like another challenge/learning experience on the ho
That is true, unless you have a medical marijuana card, which qualifies you and allows you to start growing as of this past September 30. All legal Smigel here.
Worse thing you could do is register with the government for a med card! But that’s my opinion.
goverment will destroy marijuana they are all ready on there way!
personally I tell nobody anything, especially the government of lies.

still a schedule one drug which means no banking no research grants.
feds still in the way. Pot will be big businesses when there all in place and ruin the plant.
all the growers in California are being hit with fines for growing with ridiculous fines.
legal ha ha ha, they have the growers tied up into bureaucratic spider webs of fines and new laws.
keep quiet, grow and produce seeds.
trust no one, grow your herbs and be cool!
as a schedule one drug its on the list with Heroin. you admitting you shoot dope too!
grow it in your yard with your poppies.

look I am old school in the game a long long time. Take what I say and keep it in the back of your head that’s all.
be safe brother!

Dye

Dye

Worse thing you could do is register with the government for a med card! But that’s my opinion.
goverment will destroy marijuana they are all ready on there way!
personally I tell nobody anything, especially the government of lies.

still a schedule one drug which means no banking no research grants.
feds still in the way. Pot will be big businesses when there all in place and ruin the plant.
all the growers in California are being hit with fines for growing with ridiculous fines.
legal ha ha ha, they have the growers tied up into bureaucratic spider webs of fines and new laws.
keep quiet, grow and produce seeds.
trust no one, grow your herbs and be cool!
as a schedule one drug its on the list with Heroin. you admitting you shoot dope too!
grow it in your yard with your poppies.

look I am old school in the game a long long time. Take what I say and keep it in the back of your head that’s all.
be safe brother!
by the way large bust in Spain, at one of the famous seed banks last week.
one world, one government one religion is coming NWO, tell nobody anything!

Dye

Dye

by the way large bust in Spain, at one of the famous seed banks last week.
one world, one government one religion is coming NWO, tell nobody anything!

by the way the government is playing games with all the growers who been doing this since the 1970’s
out in California they have a game of city, state, town ordinances and crap changing on a time.
they send you a letter saying there coming for a inspection. this must be done etc.
the day the letter shows up the man shows up with his book of ordinances handing out fines that are unpayable.

bottom line this is going big box store type nonsense.
you better become your own breeder.
This war is not over!

B

BoboGrower0813

good advice Dye. I appreciate your perspective. My strategy for staying out of harms way vis-à-vis the government is to be a tiny fish in a big ocean. If they want to start kicking in doors for two marijuana plants, then we are very deep shit.

But I do understand that the larger growers have their hands full with the powers that be. Just part of what we have to put up with to stay alive and keep on strokin’ on this crazy planet of ours.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

good advice Dye. I appreciate your perspective. My strategy for staying out of harms way vis-à-vis the government is to be a tiny fish in a big ocean. If they want to start kicking in doors for two marijuana plants, then we are very deep shit.

But I do understand that the larger growers have their hands full with the powers that be. Just part of what we have to put up with to stay alive and keep on strokin’ on this crazy planet of ours.

In my area, cops are not a problem to the legal home grower. Despite that it's still wise to keep knowledge of your activities to small and only an "as needed" few. I'm in the city and in a good neighborhood but if word got out I would still likely have trouble from thieves when growing outside. I use security cameras outside, and with the dogs no one gets close without my knowledge. Even in good neighborhoods, trouble shows its face from time to time.

As for larger growers - I'm going to assume you're talking about large corporate grows that fill the retail market in legal rec states. At least in Michigan, they are part of the problem. The big money groups helped forge the rules which in turn has kept the little man out. In the beginning when Michigan was a med only state, it was caregiver grown flower filling the medical dispensaries. It was much cheaper and almost always of superior quality than you can find in the retail stores today. Unfortunately, big cannabis is trying to tighten the screws and further limit plant counts that can be grown by legal medical caregivers. There's a lot of smoke and mirrors going on, but make no mistake it's all being driven by money.

Top Bottom